Author Topic: Creating General Grievous  (Read 7568 times)

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
Re: Creating General Grievous
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2004, 07:07 PM »
I don't think I am (or ever will be) much of a fan of this character.  It/he just doesn't feel very "Star Wars" to me - especially if this is going to be one of the primary Jedi killers.  Looks more like the skeletal Terminator or Darktrooper.  This type of scary looking robot has been done in many movies before, so it just doesn't seem very unique and interesting to be using in the Star Wars universe.   :-\

That monket crap with the lightsaber in his foot is a little over the top...  How the hell does he walk, or move around when he fights?  Does he just hop on one foot?!   ???   :P

And I assume he doesn't have the more appropriate (evil) red lightsabers 'cause he's not a Sith (yet)...?

You know, now that I think about it.  And take a closer look at this character, I couldn't agree with you anymore.  Since when did Lucas use, robots to be the main bad guy in his films.  This is the last Saga film, and I feel he should of gave us, alot more better things then the other film, and this guy does not seem to be to better.  It does seem to EU.  I dont know I might be wrong, and just judging him before I actually see how he fights, and how evil he is.  But as of now he does not impress me to much.  Not to mention, Dooku did not either in the last film.  I personally, like guys like Darth Maul, as the bad guy.
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline TheSonOfSons

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 9, 2004, 04:35 PM »
The Gen. doesn't have a red saber coz, and this may be speculation, he doesn't kill evil jedi...the ones he wields are from the jedi he's killed, so that explains that. And Darth Maul was definitely a badass, and unfortunately met an untimely demise. Hopefully Anakin's growing rage helps quench our thirst for evil....and killing....and...stuff.
Wookie rhymes with cookie...and cookies are delicious....and delicious in Spanish is delicioso...so....does Chewbaca know some lolitas?   *yes, I'm an idiot

Offline TheSonOfSons

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 9, 2004, 06:07 PM »
Oh, and I just watched Chapter 20 of the Clone Wars animated series, and he's pretty badass....I mean, just imagine him swinging those lightsabers around like a nut, chopping everybody to bloody bits....I'm foaming at the mouth just thinking about it....Like him or not, ***** going to hit the fan when he steps in the room, and I can't wait....
Wookie rhymes with cookie...and cookies are delicious....and delicious in Spanish is delicioso...so....does Chewbaca know some lolitas?   *yes, I'm an idiot

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #18 on: November 9, 2004, 12:33 AM »
http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/generalgrievous/

Final shot of Grievous is now up in his databank entry

SilverZ

« Reply #19 on: November 9, 2004, 12:55 AM »
Thanks for posting this over here - I was about to blow my brains out in dispair from reading the tfn posts.

Cape looks great. He comes off a lot more menacing than I'd counted on. That's cool.  :)

I'm hoping that shot is not final, though. The shot's composition is terrible and his guards looks like they're 1st pass renders. Blech.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 2, 2005, 09:33 AM »
Anybody know if this guy talks??  It would be pretty sad to hear him spout out a "roger roger" to Tyranus.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 2, 2005, 10:04 AM »
Anybody know if this guy talks??  It would be pretty sad to hear him spout out a "roger roger" to Tyranus.

I'm pretty sure Gary Oldman was all set to do the voice but then had issues with GL non affiliation with the Actors Union or whatever the hell it's called so he dropped out.  Now John Rhys Davies aka Gimli is doing the voice.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 2, 2005, 10:18 AM »
That is the last I had heard as well, just what Mikey just posted.  The most recent rumor was John Rhys Davies, which could be pretty cool.  There hasn't been an "official announcement" yet, but you would think there would be before too long now.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #23 on: February 2, 2005, 12:41 PM »
I sort of thought the announcement of the Grievous voice would have been revealed in the latest set diary (about Palpatine's voice recording session) but it wasn't

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #24 on: February 2, 2005, 01:16 PM »
That is the last I had heard as well, just what Mikey just posted.  The most recent rumor was John Rhys Davies, which could be pretty cool.  There hasn't been an "official announcement" yet, but you would think there would be before too long now.

I've heard that JRD was in the running because of his history with LFL (via Indy), but I've also heard that John Di Maggio (Bender from Futurama) will be doing GG's voice-over for RotS.

I personally don't put much stock in John Di Maggio doing the voice in the movie, I think it's just a rumor that has popped up because of the fact that he is the voice of GG in the Clone Wars Cartoon.  I guess until we know for sure, it is a possibility.   :-\

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 2, 2005, 04:52 PM »
Wowzers...I've remained about 90% spoiler free for Ep III, and had no idea that Bender (voice actor) played Grevious in the CW cartoons.  I missed the last few episodes (dam VCR)  I'm pretty sure that his voice didn't sound as he did in Futurama though..correct?  That would have drawn quite a few laughs I'd imagine.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #26 on: February 4, 2005, 03:54 PM »
Or, it could be niether JRD or Bender...

In the most recent issue of the SW Homing Beacon Newsletter, it was revealed that Matthew Wood will be providing the voice of the general.

Not really anyone famous, just a guy who worked on the prequels as Supervising Sound Editor.  Sounds like Grievous voice will be 1 part pneumonia, 1 part synthesizer, and 1 part Czech/Eastern European Accent.  The same guy is doing the voice for the Ep3 Video game as well.

Jeff

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 3, 2005, 03:43 AM »
Found this on the net, voice of Grievous.

Grievous - "Prepare for attack.."