Author Topic: The Official Fast Food Thread!  (Read 17872 times)

Offline FX-7

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
No More Super Size at MickeyD's!
« Reply #15 on: March 4, 2004, 03:07 PM »
I heard on the radio today that McDonalds is doing away with the SuperSize fries...makes the menu less confusing!!  Pssshhhhyaaw

I say its because Atkins is kicking MickeyD's ass and they have to make some big changes
« Last Edit: May 5, 2004, 12:55 AM by JediMAC »
Medical Droid Extrodinaire

Offline FX-7

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Fast Food
« Reply #16 on: March 4, 2004, 03:10 PM »
What's your favorite places to go...

We only have a McDonalds and a Subway in town here...when I go to Fargo though I have everything I want...my favorite is Wendy's...oooh is that some good stuff.  Their Dollar Menu rawks!
Medical Droid Extrodinaire

SilverZ

Re: No More Super Size at MickeyD's!
« Reply #17 on: March 4, 2004, 04:16 PM »
There was some discussion on one of the news channels yesterday about this. They mentioned that the difference in calorie count between the Super Size fries and Large is a 640/580 (or something close to that).

I swear, they'd do better not even competing with healthier places. I'll run down there right away the day I see an add saying, "You're fat, you know it, and it feels good. Come get a QuarterPounder and Super Size fries and celebrate!"

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Fast Food
« Reply #18 on: March 4, 2004, 04:54 PM »
I really like Wendy's too, I enjoy their Salads especially and their Frosty's are to die for (RIP Dave)

Arby's is at the top of my list though, can't get enough of that shaved pressed beef :P

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 4, 2004, 05:01 PM »
My wife and I actually don't eat fast food that often (I'm not a big fan, and we try to eat healthy I guess).....but our personal favorite fast food place is probably Arby's.  My dad managed an Arby's when I was a wee lad, and we continued to go there even after he came back to farm...so I always have a lot of memories of going there.  Plus, their roast beef sammiches are just good :).  Used to go to Subway a lot, until a "mom and pop" sub place opened in town and the stuff is a little better (and fresher).  We're also pizza people, if that technically counts as fast food (I don't know if it does).  We also, on occasion visit Sonic...but probably only a few times a year, I think their food is pretty good for fast food.

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 4, 2004, 05:52 PM »
Well I have a whole list for Fast Food.  Which is the best I must say, You can view my "Top 5"...

1. Sonic - They have the best chesseburgers and their fries are to die for...HMMMMM I can taste it all.

2. Kentucky Fried Chicken - MMMMM, their Twister Wraps are delicious, the crispy chicken strips are excellent.  And don't let me forget their Macaroni and Cheese, delicious..

3. McDonalds - You gotta give this place credit, they do have the best Fries in the world I believe.  Cajun McChicken's are delicious too.  Actually lets just say all their chicked products are MMMMM Good!

4. Subway - Now when you go here you have to have - Footlong - Cold Cut Trio - with everything but cucumbers, with the Jalapeno Chips.  Delicious, oh forgot to mention on Sourdough Bread.

5. Mountain Mikes Pizza - This Pizza Parlor ROCKS!!! Hard, they have the best pizza ever, that is why I am currently employed by them right now! But their pizza rocks, it is overall my favorite, and it does beat out Pizza Hut too!!!

Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 4, 2004, 05:53 PM »
I heard about this yesterday, but I don't care since I don't eat there much. I can just see all the fat people protesting now.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #22 on: March 4, 2004, 06:40 PM »
Probably in the public's best interest to do without, at least healthwise...  I never really understood the need for all the super sizing crap everywhere as it was.  I mean, c'mon - you get free drink refills anyway, so no big deal there.  And if a regular batch of french fries ain't enough for you, than you're just a PIG!   :-*

I've never supersized anything in my life.  Glad it's no longer going to be an option there.  Hopefully the other fast food joints will follow McDonalds' lead, and our fat ass country can shed a few lbs!   ::)  (myself included  :P)

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 4, 2004, 06:48 PM »
Bah! what know you people of fastfood? Here is my list:

Section One: Burgers

1. Hardees- You can't beet those 1/4th pound thick burgers made of Angus beef. Also, props to them for the return of their Curly Fires, now if only they'd bring back the peach cobbler...

1* Dairy Queen- These burgers are to die for, the thickness the taste, ohh! Also they have very thick fries.

2. McDonalds- I love their classic burgers, the little slim ones. I get 2 of those evertime I go there.

3. Steak and Shake- Steak burgers, 'nuff said.

4. Burger King- I like it and all, but not as much as the others. Best thing there: Sunday Pie

5. Wendys

6. Jack in the Box

Section 2: Chicken

1. BoJangels- ''Got a lot of flavor,ya'll'' the best damn chicken strips EVER can be found at this Carolinian classic! They also have great fried chicken and awesome biscuits. Not to mention their seasoned fries are enough to drive you mad with delight!

Chick fil A- I love the taste and the waffle fries are very nice.

Section 3: Hot Dogs

1. Boots and Sunnies- A local drive through with some of the best hot dogs ever, a must if you are ever in Spartanburg!

3. Sonic- I enjoy the foot longs with Cheese covered Tater Tots.

Section 4: Sea Food

Captain Ds- I grew up with Capn' Ds so it wins. Also they have great fish!

Long John Silvers- Pretty good, just not as good as the Captain!
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 4, 2004, 07:07 PM »
Bah! what know you people of fastfood? Here is my list:

Section One: Burgers

1. Hardees- You can't beet those 1/4th pound thick burgers made of Angus beef. Also, props to them for the return of their Curly Fires, now if only they'd bring back the peach cobbler...

1* Dairy Queen- These burgers are to die for, the thickness the taste, ohh! Also they have very thick fries.

2. McDonalds- I love their classic burgers, the little slim ones. I get 2 of those evertime I go there.

3. Steak and Shake- Steak burgers, 'nuff said.

4. Burger King- I like it and all, but not as much as the others. Best thing there: Sunday Pie

5. Wendys

6. Jack in the Box

Oops, I totally forgot to say "Jack In The Box".  They have the best stuffed Jalapenos, and their Sourdough Jack is awesome!!!

Burger King - Is awesome too, I also love their Sourdough Burger.  It is the overall best.  Yum!! Their fries are awesome too, and of course i can't forget to add, ranch to all the above!!!

Also I love Wendy's - Jr. Bacon Chesseburger, it is not a Jr. Chesseburger, thats what I love about it.
« Last Edit: March 4, 2004, 07:27 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 4, 2004, 07:08 PM »
I think this is a good idea.  It will make all of us McDonald consumers order more healthy things, and will also reduce the risk of any heart problems.  We will not have so many stuff to choose from I heard. ???

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 4, 2004, 07:20 PM »
Mainland, its McDonalds for christs sake, if you want health food you're in the worng place. Personaly, if I'm going to McyDs I don't want to eat healthy!
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 5, 2004, 09:54 AM »
McDonalds, Wendys, Burger King, Dairy Queen, Subway &  Kentucky Fried Chicken are all across the street from me.  To easy!  ;)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #28 on: March 5, 2004, 10:06 AM »
I think this is a good idea.  It will make all of us McDonald consumers order more healthy things, and will also reduce the risk of any heart problems.  We will not have so many stuff to choose from I heard. ???

Yeah, you're exactly right.

Now, Fatty McGee and family, seeing as how they can't have their usual bucket of French Fries along with their horsemeat-and-corn flake burgers, will all of a sudden come to their collective senses, and order some healthy salads all around, sans dressing, that they'll wash down with some icy cold V-8s.

And then they'll all go work it all off at the gym, instead of the typical "let's spend the rest of the day watching Full House re-runs" schedule. . .

Thanks, Ronald!  We love you!

"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

SilverZ

« Reply #29 on: March 5, 2004, 04:16 PM »
Del Taco. At  3am there's nothing better than having a place where you get some killer tacos and burritos, but a side of fries.

In 'N Out Burger. Mmmmmmmm... freshness.

All the saturated fat lovin' locations I need.