Author Topic: How Much of Your Collection(s) Do You Display?  (Read 7020 times)

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: How Much of Your Collection(s) Do You Display?
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2007, 03:12 PM »
i display everything i can. although most of my batman and spiderman vehicles and such have found their ways into boxes to make room for SW .
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2017, 03:49 PM »
Bumping up another oldie here, but it has been 10+ years now, so has this changed for anyone? I'm in the process of going through my display, and I'm starting to pack a few things away. Marvel and DC stuff in particular had become overcrowded so I'm putting stuff away or selling things off. It seems like Star Wars will go this way too if I keep collecting with a new movie every year from this point on. Just getting to be too much stuff at this point, which we all struggle with I think. Add in having a (now) 10 year old, and space is definitely at a premium.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2017, 04:57 PM »
My Lego collection has been boxed up for 8 years now.  There's pretty much every OT Star Wars set they've ever made.  There's complete sets Classic Space from when it started up through the Black Tron II / M-Tron era.  There's all the first few years worth of Pirates, then there's tons of classic Castle.

I'm hoping to buy a place pretty soon (just waiting on my wife to finish transitioning from working out of state to being here), but at this point I have no idea how much space it would take to display all this with all the Hasbro and Gentle Giant.

Unless we move farther away from the city, which I'd prefer not to do, I might have some big choice to make in the next year or two.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2017, 07:35 PM »
I've actually made progress in this area over the past two years. I have more stuff on display now than ever before...the entire SW 6" line, all my Walking Dead figs, tons of ReAction stuff, lotta loose Clone Wars toys too.

I would estimate probably 80% of my collection is on display. Most of what I have packed away is either Clone Wars stuff or vintage Kenner.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2017, 08:08 PM »
I'm trying to have a more manageable looking collection. I'm going through things right now, and just packing away some things to have some less crowded shelves. Not necessarily ideal, but it just starts looking too messy to me. I've been doing it with Marvel in particular, just trying to keep one version of each character on display.....for the most part. It's tough, because I don't like having stuff just sit in storage tubs either.

I can't display all the LEGOs right now either, but have a Falcon, X-Wing, AT-AT, Cantina, and Jabba's Palace out right now. Just hard to get everything out sometimes in a presentable display.