Author Topic: Thundercats, Hoooo!!  (Read 48648 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Thundercats, Hoooo!!
« Reply #90 on: October 6, 2013, 10:00 AM »
Its too bad the cartoon and toys didnt catch on with kids. I was really enjoying the show and wanted to see more, especially since they referenced Silver Hawks and Tiger Sharks. I got all the figures, including SSSlithe.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 18, 2016, 07:33 PM »
I can't believe I didn't post about this sooner, but is anyone planning on collecting the new Thundercats line from Mattel? It looks pretty great, just like the MOTU Classics. I'd like to get a few, but have a feeling it will be pretty tough without a sub, and I can't really do that anymore. That said, it would be nice to get the main characters.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 19, 2016, 08:46 AM »
I can't believe I didn't post about this sooner, but is anyone planning on collecting the new Thundercats line from Mattel? It looks pretty great, just like the MOTU Classics. I'd like to get a few, but have a feeling it will be pretty tough without a sub, and I can't really do that anymore. That said, it would be nice to get the main characters.

I'm very tempted.  But the increasing lack of space combined with the sub were enough for me to pass for now.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #93 on: February 22, 2016, 04:22 PM »
I subscribed. Figured its only half a year. No harm.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 11, 2017, 11:15 PM »
And Super 7 says MOTUC style Thundercats are dead...due to Warner Brothers not agreeing to let them do it.

https://youtu.be/jYeDpNNpu5s

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #95 on: July 1, 2017, 03:25 PM »
Sadly that was the deciding factor on me giving up on MOTU from them as well. I am completely out of the 6 inch scale and only buy 1:6 now.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 4, 2018, 02:02 PM »
I haven't seen it mentioned here yet, but is anyone interested in the Funko Savage World Thundercats line that is coming up? I admit when I first saw the Mortal Kombat figures from this line, it didn't interest me at all, but it somehow works for Thundercats a little more I think. I did preorder the first figures, at $12.99 each, for now.

I missed out on the Mattel Classics figures (which are maybe returning?), so this could be a somewhat affordable way to get some Thundercats toys. If Classics does return, and they reissue the figures previously released, I would probably opt for those depending on price.

I only had Panthro from the vintage line as a kid, but always wanted more. As I've been doing more vinty toy watching/collecting, it seems like Thundercats may be a pricey prospect - so this new line may be a better option. Anyone else interested in these Funko figures?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 31, 2021, 01:44 PM »
Not sure if anyone here collects Thundercats Ultimates from Super 7, but they announced a Thundertank this past week that is getting a lot of conversation due to the price ($450!). I started watching an interview Pixel Dan has up with Brian Flynn (Super 7), that I think does a good job explaining why it costs what it does. I get it, it is a large toy from a smaller company with a probably comparatively small fan base.

I’ve been collecting this line (well, so far just updates of the Mattel figures), and plan to complete at least the main team and heavy hitters, but I don’t know if I’ll be able to swing this or not. I’d love to have it, and they are offering some sort of payment plan, but I have so many other interests I’m not sure if I should. Even within Super 7’s stuff....I love their Ultimates TMNT line, and if it got to the point where they would give this treatment to the Party Wagon, I’d rather have that. Anyways definitely a cool toy, really amazing what we are getting these days.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 1, 2021, 12:28 PM »
It looks awesome, but way beyond my Thundercats budget.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 1, 2021, 02:13 PM »
I’m really glad they are not making $450 toys for any of their other lines. I love their stuff but that is a big chunk of change.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 21, 2023, 10:29 PM »
I don’t think anyone here really collects Thundercats anymore, but I’m sure many of you have seen that Cat’s Lair. Just insane. If Thundercats was all I collected and displayed, it would be an excellent centerpiece, but wow is that a lot 🙂

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 2, 2023, 05:25 PM »
That thing is awesome, the fan base seems excited too.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy