Author Topic: 2024: What Are You Collecting?  (Read 179862 times)

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
Re: 2010: What Are You Collecting?
« Reply #195 on: February 23, 2010, 02:00 PM »
Mostly just statues and busts at this point fo rme.  I'm pretty heavy into the Cover Girls of / Women of / Heroes of the DCU from DC Direct.  Also doing the occasional Bowen or Sideshow piece for Marvel.

I have found myself infatuated with Hot Toys 12" stuff lately, so I plan on adding more of those.  I plan on being pretty picky though - if I don't have a huge interest in the license I won't bother. 

Aside from that, probably just an occasionaly OT Star Wars bust or 12" and Sideshow's 12' G.I.Joe.

John

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 23, 2010, 03:16 PM »
There were a couple cool things shown at Toy Fair but nothing that I felt like I wanted to pick up from any lines other than Star Wars and GI Joe.  Some of the Joe figs won't be out till late this year, possibly slipping into 2011, so by the time they actually hit, I may pass.  The GI Joe Club showed off the cardback for the upcoming 3.75" Adventure Team exclusives and if the figures look half as good as the artwork, I'm in for the full line.  Almost definite on doing the Club Con 12" set and the membership figure but that's probably it for 12" Joe figs this year.

I have a feeling we're getting a Boba Fett from Sideshow this year and, if so, I will probably break my embargo on them. Still crossing my fingers for a SS AT-AT Driver, though. 

GG is fading IMO and I've about had it with their ****** business practices.  I'm buying Darth Talon and 4-LOM (if he ever comes out) this year, but I've been thinking about passing on everything else (even the Slave Leia pre-order I have) and possibly even downsizing.

Hasbro: I'm in for some new TVC figures and I want that AT-AT, I think it looks cool as hell.  With the various line cancellations and no build-a-droid parts to chase, I'm thinking it'll be a quiet year for SW collecting.  Hopefully CV will be fun to make up for it.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 23, 2010, 08:13 PM »
So far this year I've bought about 5 comic books a week and 2 1983 GI Joe die-cast vehicles.  I also bought MOTUC Adora and Battle Armor He-Man but sold those off.  I'm trying to buy as little as possible in order to afford a trip to Providence, RI for the Joecon and all the Red Shadow and other 3 3/4" figures/toys. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #198 on: February 23, 2010, 10:45 PM »
Star Wars and that's about it...  Star Trek Wave 2 was on my list till it got canned in favor of other toy line production.  I'll buy any 1:18 military stuff that's new and interesting to me, but that rules out planes which are the only sure-fire things on the horizon right now.  I saw some SWAT and Fire/Rescue stuff I'm interested in but that's got no firm date for release.

That's about it for me that I can think of...  It's always tempting to jump to Lego but I always manage to avoid it.  :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #199 on: February 24, 2010, 12:25 PM »
I can honestly say that I was not blown away by this year's TF overall by all of the companies offerings. I did not see any must have this outside of the SW stuff. As always I am 100% committed to SW's movie based items and most CW vehicles. I still have not collected the animated figures outside of the occasional droid that passes enough for the movie line. I have cut back this year by stopping & selling off my Joe collection.  Some of this years Joe stuff does look really look, the Resolute packs are very tempting…..

I love MOTU Classics and I am collecting that as well but I will be cutting out some items there as the DC 2PKs and the Robot Chicken stuff really turned me off. I was buying doubles of most figures but if they continue to put in guys like Optikk that will stop very quickly.

So right now I am just SW Vintage/Legacy, CW Vehicles and the majority of MOTU Classics.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 24, 2010, 03:12 PM »
My plan at this point is to collect:

Star War Vintage (Original Trilogy stuff) figs and vehicles (and the modular Death Star Playset they told us we couldn't show pictures of yet.  ::) )
GI Joe 3.75 stuff
Marvel Universe, if I know the character
DC Retro-Cloth Mego-ish figures

Dropping from last year: DCUC, DC 3.75 Infinite Universe (the figures are terrible, if they improve I will get back in), Star Trek from the new Movie.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 24, 2010, 04:37 PM »
(and the modular Death Star Playset they told us we couldn't show pictures of yet.  ::) )

the what?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 24, 2010, 05:44 PM »
Pics are on RS.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 24, 2010, 07:21 PM »
Pics are on RS.

Link?  I'm not seeing this anywhere.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 24, 2010, 08:53 PM »
I'm trying to cut back my overall spending, but I've still got quite a few lines on the go.

Star Wars - I've got the ESB wave left to get and then it's basically tracking down the odd figures that I've missed over the years until the drought is over.

Masters of the Universe Classics - I've got a sub, and am in it for a good little while next year as well, as long as they keep releasing unique characters that I like the looks of.

DC Universe Classics - Pick and choose the characters I like.

Marvel - I'm loving the Iron Man 2 figures and will likely pick up all the unique comic armors as well as the movie characters. I'm also down for the rest of the Secret Wars packs, but not too much else.

Futurama - I've grabbed a Fry and Bender and am tempted to get more into this line as I love the show.

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 26, 2010, 12:52 PM »
I am collecting

Star Wars - all vintage (open & carded), some CW not all, AT-AT, snowspeeder, cloud car, some BPs (pending)

GI JOE - only figures I like & resolute sets

Transformers - only classics (so far only Thust & I would like to get the TRU Grimlock

Marvel Universe - most of the  XMEN fgures

Ghostbusters - I am waiting patiently for updated versions of them (if the line don't cancel)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 26, 2010, 02:14 PM »
Star Wars - all vintage, some CW not all, AT-AT, snowspeeder, cloud car and the comic packs - probably all of them.

GI JOE - uncertain how many from the P.O.C. line (not really feeling the vehicles) - and leaning towards the resolute packs

Marvel Universe and Iron Man - most all and also Rhino from the Spiderman line

Also, the MOTUC is kinda tickling my fancy - I haven't jumped into it yet - but I am kinda liking them...

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 26, 2010, 04:11 PM »
I collect Star Wars and dabble in some of the other Heroes lines (Combat Heroes and Robot Heroes, maybe more eventually).  No way in hell can I afford to get into anything else with all the stupid money I spend on my Darth Vader focus, SW 3 3/4" displays and Galactic Heroes addiction.

Uh, BTW, does anyone have a link to the pics about the Death Star on RS:

(and the modular Death Star Playset they told us we couldn't show pictures of yet.  ::) )

the what?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 04:13 PM by JesseVader08 »

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 26, 2010, 04:39 PM »
(Combat Heroes and Robot Heroes, maybe more eventually)

Robot Heroes have been unfortunately cancelled and I'm pretty sure the Joe stuff is taking the same cue.  Such a shame as I wanted a full line up of G1 and ARAH stuff.

Uh, BTW, does anyone have a link to the pics about the Death Star on RS:

I've been wondering the same....
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 26, 2010, 04:42 PM »
(Combat Heroes and Robot Heroes, maybe more eventually)

Robot Heroes have been unfortunately cancelled and I'm pretty sure the Joe stuff is taking the same cue.  Such a shame as I wanted a full line up of G1 and ARAH stuff.

Yeah, unfortunately I know.  I'm just kinda grabbing the releases I want online since there's nothing to be found except Wave 1 of the Combat Heroes here.