Community > Other Toy Lines

2024: What Are You Collecting?

<< < (56/78) > >>

Diddly:

--- Quote from: Diddly on January  7, 2013, 06:42 AM ---Star Wars - Is there anything TO collect yet? Looks like I'll be picking up the mini rig Yoda fighter, and maybe the Endor AT-AT, though I'd almost rather track down the one from 2010. Still have some holes in my TVC line I'll probably fill, mainly the Imperial Navy Commander, Dack, AT-AT Commander, Snowspeeder and Cloud Car.
--- End quote ---

I have purchased exactly four Star Wars figures: Rebel Fleet Trooper, Fordo, and the new Legends Super Battle Droid and R4-P17. Never did track down the TVC figures and vehicles I'm missing from 2010.

--- Quote ---Marvel - Still picking and choosing. I mainly stick to anything Spider-Man and some X-Men, with other various characters along the way. Will probably skip most of the Iron Man 3 line... most movie lines I only snag one or two figures anyway, and those are generally comic versions, so meh
--- End quote ---

I've seen one new Universe wave and only bought Jubilee. Need to go the online case route with Universe. Skipped everything from the terrible Iron Man 3 line.

--- Quote ---LEGO - hoo boy... I'll pick up anything Star Wars OT, maybe anything if it's cheap (ie Planet sets, troop building sets, etc). Marvel and DC I pick and choose mostly for the minifigures. :-[ And of course I love the blindbag minifigures. Might pick up small, cheap sets here and there
--- End quote ---

Welp... I've spent almost $1000 on LEGO this year thanks to their various sales and deals that trick you into spending more money. :-X But I regret NOTHING.

--- Quote ---I'm scared I would get sucked into a LOTR line, if Bridge Direct does as well on it as they did the Hobbit line, which I have resisted so far...

--- End quote ---

These disappeared from TRU, the only store that carried them, so I have successfully resisted via out of sight, out of mind.

Scockery:
Star Wars, mostly discounted stuff, used and ebay. The number of full priced figures I've gotten this year...just one, I think. Fordo, the only one I ever saw at retail.

The Hobbit on clearance, I only opened 3 things.

With GI JOE Retaliation stuff headed to clearance some places, I've picked up one figure and one 3 pack.

Junk from Garage sales. (Mostly star wars, but some occassional classics, like a Mego Dukes of Hazard Luke Duke)

Trying to fight the occassional Playmobil urge...I did buy a blind bagged figure during a TRU sale. Passed up super cheap playmobils at yard sales.  It's a slope I'm trying to avoid.

Jesse James:

--- Quote from: Morgbug on August  1, 2013, 01:34 AM ---Thinking about a Sideshow premium format Snowtrooper but hoping they sell out before I get around to it. 

--- End quote ---

Glad to know I'm not the only one who actually breathes a sigh of relief when some things I want but shouldn't buy finally sell out.  I just did that with tickets to a beer event here that are $75 a pop...  Wanna go, but too much other stuff ahead of me.  Sold out and I just smiled and closed the computer.

Brian:
Thought I'd bump this one up looking ahead to 2014.  Anything changing with your collecting habits in the new year?  Although we still aren't super sure what the Star Wars line is going to look like, here's what I'll be collecting (trying to streamline, once again):

Star Wars

- Black Series 3 3/4" - All of the OT figures, select others if we see them.  Exclusives, vehicles, etc. if they are new enough to me (again, OT) or if the vintage packaging/price is especially nifty.  Only ended up buying a handful of figures from the first three waves this year, but if the rest of 2014 looks like that Dagobah Luke wave, I'll be buying more.

- Black Series 6" - All in with the OT characters, undecided on the prequel ones.  I'm in for anything OT deluxe that they do as well.

Marvel

- Legends - Likely all in here, as long as I can afford to be.  Definitely want the Cap and Spidey Legends, and it sounds like we may be getting a line for Guardians of the Galaxy as well, and I'll definitely be down for that too.

- 3 3/4" Scaled - Not sure what we'll get here beyond the little Avengers Infinite preview we've seen.  I'd be selective if I'd get any, but I'll probably buy some.  Same goes for this scale for the movie lines, if they are decent quality, I'll at least grab the big names.

And that's about it for me.  If the Hobbit line straightens out and we get the rest of the dwarves, I'm in, otherwise probably not.  DC is pretty well done for me, aside from the odd Bat-figure here or there.  Always on the lookout for LEGOs when I can afford them, but it looks to be a light OT Star Wars year next year for those (maybe some LOTR).  Mainly just Star Wars and Marvel for me, and depending on what's to come, it might be mostly 6" stuff actually.

Darby:
Oddly haven't given this much thought.

SW - always, but I think this year actually more than 2013 will be a lot of wait and see. I find myself enjoying the 6 inch and Saga Legends as much as anything else, so I look forward to what shows up there.

Misc. - no idea. The movie Batman and Superman figures - Keaton and Reeves. Beyond that, doubt it will be much at all.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version