Author Topic: 2024: What Are You Collecting?  (Read 179879 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: 2014: What Are You Collecting?
« Reply #285 on: February 12, 2014, 05:21 PM »
I'm still fighting the urge to give up on certain things - namely Star Wars figures - I'm definitely suffering from collector fatigue...doesn't help that I can't find anything in stores and I'm STILL buying online when it comes to 3.75" TBS Waves 2 & 3 - at least the cases are going to move to a format of 2x of each figure... so here goes...

Hasbro Star Wars - continue to pick up all 3.75" product. Did not get into the 6" line, glad I made that decision. I'll continue to get 3x of each Collector-grade 3.75" figure, and 2x of each 5POA-grade 3.75" figure. (when I can find it)

Lego Star Wars - the lack of Hasbro product led me to pick up collecting Lego Star Wars sets again at the end of 2012, I was able to go back and get most of the 2012 product and I have an almost complete set of the 2013 stuff (I don't have the Wave 4 Planet Sets and I don't have the SDCC Jek-14 Mini-Fighter) - I'm psyched about the 2014 sets I've seen so far.

Lego Lord of the Rings / Hobbit - again, with the lack of Hasbro Star Wars product AND being near-complete on the 2013 Lego Star Wars releases, I decided to jump into another theme - so I went with the LotR/Hobbit sets. Do not regret doing it. Doesn't look like they have much more planned for this year (five LotR sets and four Hobbit sets from what I've seen). Of the sets that have been released so far - I'm down to just needing Gandalf Arrives, Tower of Orthanc, Frodo w/Cooking Corner, BluRay Release Bilbo Mini-Fig and Legolas Greenleaf Polybag release - to have the collection that I want - shouldn't be too bad once I get over the $200 Orthanc hurdle.  ;)

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: February 19, 2014, 12:18 PM »
Time for the old post-Toy Fair update...

Star Wars
Black Series 3 3/4" - All OT-based figures, maybe a few others.
Black Series 6" - Definitely all OT-based characters, maybe all in (have been so far)
Black Series 6" Deluxe - All OT-based
Other - I'll likely give the Rebels stuff a try, and pick and choose with Mission Series/Legends

Marvel
Legends - Basically all in with these, so I've got the Cap Wave 2, and Guardians of the Galaxy
Marvel Infinite - Probably a few here or there
Guardians of the Galaxy - Unsure about new scale, but like the vehicles...possibly the figures

LEGO
As I can afford them, the OT Star Wars sets, LOTR/Hobbit, and later this year Guardians.

DC Collectibles
All in on those new Batman: TAS (and TNBA) 6" figures.  Love the show, figures look great.

Overall, very similar to my recent lists I guess.  Primarily the rest of 2014 will be about the Black Series (both scales) and Guardians of the Galaxy.  I'm trying to take a wait and see with Rebels, and actually see the show first, but I'll likely get at least some.  I'd get further into LEGOs if I could afford it as well.  Waiting to see what kind of Hobbit product we get, I'd like to at least finish the dwarf lineup out.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 11, 2014, 07:57 AM »
Never did this for 2014 for some reason:

Star Wars
- Black Series 3.75 inch: Pretty much all in
- Black Series 6 inch: Might pick up a few OT characters (I've resisted everything thus far)

Marvel
- I'll pick up any super articulated 3.75 inch figures that I like. I'm mainly after Spider-Man and X-Men related stuff, though I've pretty much gotten everything I've wanted outside of some villains. I'm debating picking up some of the 6 inch figures though, to go with the Batman: TAS figures I plan on buying.

DC:
- I too want all in on that Batman: TAS line. My biggest fear for this line is that it will lead to me wanting a Spider-Man to go with them, which will lead to me picking up 6 inch Marvel stuff. Then I'll decide I want some of the 6 inch Star Wars stuff, and all of a sudden I'll be all in on that. Sigh.

LEGO
I've already bought a lot of various stuff but here is my main focus:
- Star Wars: Anything OT related
- Marvel: Anything Spider-Man and X-Men related, sometimes I'll pick up the other heroes stuff although I mainly buy for the minifigures
- DC: Anything Batman, again mainly buying for the minifigures (and enough black bricks to build a LEGO TAS Batmobile)
- Everything Else: I want to buy the modular cinema and modular Parisian restaurant, Simpsons House, LEGO Movie Pirate Ship (MetalBeard's Sea Cow) and some other high ticket items. Plus the Ghostbusters set. Of course most of these sets cost around $200 a pop. Yikes.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Online GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 11, 2014, 08:03 AM »
Star Wars: Most anything Hasbro and cheaper Lego.

And dang it........ Too much Walking Dead
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 12, 2014, 02:22 PM »
 - New 4" & 6" Hasbro Star Wars
 - Vintage Kenner Star Wars
 - Walking Dead and Marvel Minimates
 - Masterpiece Transformers
 - Kreo Transformers
 - Kubricks (if they ever make any more)
 - Occassional Lego Star Wars and Megablocks Halo sets

Luckily my display space is drying up fast, so I'm widdling my "needs" down quite a bit.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: April 16, 2014, 09:34 AM »
It's pretty limited for me this year.

-HASBRO STAR WARS - New 3.75" & 6" figures and ALL NEW Vehicles
-SIDESHOW STAR WARS - Select 1/6th scale figures - Jedi or Sith
-FUNKO GAME OF THRONES - 6" figures
-HASBRO MARVEL - Select 3.75" scale movie & comic based figures.  It depends on the character
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 09:35 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: 2015: What Are You Collecting?
« Reply #291 on: January 16, 2015, 01:03 PM »
New year, so time to do this again.  I try to post an update at least every "new year" but for some reason this year seems more like a fresh start than others.  It may be with the new movie(s) on the horizon, plus the fact that I'm really trying to focus in on what I collect, but it feels like a good place to start the year.  Here's what I'm looking at for 2015:

Star Wars
I don't really expect us to see much prior to the Force Awakens stuff hits.  For Black Series 3 3/4", maybe just another wave beyond what we've already seen?  Also, with possible price hikes (if they stick), that will definitely effect my collecting if its going to be $13 (or more) a figure.  That being said, here's what I'm planning on for Star Wars

3.75" - Most to all OT Black Series offerings.  We'll have to see what happens with new movie stuff, but I'll likely be hyped and in if the figures aren't horrible, whether they are articulated or 5 POA.  Haven't really seen Rebels stuff yet, but I'm still trying to decide whether to jump in or not.  I like the show, but with movies looming, space is an issue.  I have picked up most of the OT-based Legends/Mission Series stuff too.  OT Vehicles if its new to me, or if they make any.

6" - All OT figures, beasts, or whatever else they make.  Really enjoying this line.  Again, we'll see about the Force Awakens stuff.

Marvel
Legends - I was pretty much all in on these the past couple years, and would like to continue to, but I'm going to have to make some cuts somewhere.  I may get more selective here, depending on the Build a Figure.  From what I've seen, I'm in on the Avengers ones, and the Spidey wave I may just be picking and choosing.  Can't wait to see what that Guardians multipack will be like that they mentioned last year at SDCC I believe.

DC
DC Collectibles Batman: TAS and Batman:TNBA Line - All in here.

LEGO
OT-based sets as I can afford them and/or get gift cards.  I sometimes stray to the Marvel stuff as well (or LOTR), but we'll have to see.  I really like the LEGO stuff and building them with the kiddo, but I really only get these as I have the funds.

So, primarily Star Wars and Marvel again for me.  It seems like Marvel stuff is shifting more towards 2.5" and 6", based around the movies, so I'm basically back to just Legends there.  I'll pick up some of the "Infinite" 3.75" stuff if I can find it, primarily Spidey or Guardians-based stuff.  I really think Star Wars is going to be all about the Force Awakens this year, with a slow period from now until Sept/Oct.  It will depend on the movie, the quality of product, etc., but I'm guessing I'll be mostly in for the Force Awakens lineup.  Although they are crazy expensive, movie years can really be fun as hunting for figures isn't always quite as difficult, and Star Wars is a great focus in the toy aisles, always fun.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 16, 2015, 02:38 PM »

Star Wars- Everything from the 6" line, guestimating 12-15 figures for 2014, maybe an exclusive or two. Anything from the Clone Wars series they happen to make in either 4" line. Definitely ALL the Rebels stuff, psyched for that...

Walking Dead- Everything as far as the comic and TV waves, any 10" figures they bring out after Daryll, love this line...

Pacific Rim- Any and all, Wave 3 for the 7" and both 18" figures, maybe even the Sideshow GD. Love this line SO much!

Hobbit- Still need 4" Azog, but after that I guess I'm done until they see fit to release those other $%^&  dwarves...

Prometheus- Wishful thinking, but somehow get us Fifield and Holloway already...

My list surprisingly hasn't changed too much this year:

STAR WARS: All Black Series 6"
                              All Rebels 3&3/4" stuff
                             Random Clone Wars offerings in the Saga Legends line...

WALKING DEAD: Anything from the TV Series line
                                    Anything from the 10" line
                                   Anything from the Lego-esque building line

PACIFIC RIM:  Anything from the 18" line
                                 Anything from the 7" line

FUNKO REACTION: Select properties only, Aliens, T2, etc

:)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: 2013: What Are You Collecting?
« Reply #293 on: January 16, 2015, 05:23 PM »
At this point, dust.

LOL.  Not far off myself. 

Marvel Universe selectively though they're making it hard enough to find that I'm not collecting much anyway. 

Thinking about a Sideshow premium format Snowtrooper but hoping they sell out before I get around to it. 

That's about it.

Stayed away from the Sideshow Snowtrooper but gave in on the Gold Stormtrooper bust from GG  ::)

MU is about it now.  Really wanting to downsize, but too damn lazy to sell with all the horror stories from EBay.  In the back of my mind I think I'm just waiting until new stuff launches and collectors get a little crazy again filling holes with old stuff.  I hope. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 17, 2015, 10:14 PM »
I'm still doing Hasbro like always.  I collect Gentle Giant SW mini-busts.

I also collect OT Star Wars Lego, and am collecting a bunch of 80's and 90's Lego from the space, castle, and pirates lines.

I've also gotten hooked on the Super 7 ReAction line. 

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #295 on: January 20, 2015, 11:20 PM »
The end of 2014 and now into 2015 saw the end of most of my collecting habits. I have stopped everything (except MOTUC, and this line am tired of it) and am focusing on Hot Toys Star Wars and Marvel figures.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #296 on: January 21, 2015, 12:08 AM »
Still trying to collect Star Wars. Still somewhat successful, except for not being able to find Doallyn. I cherry pick the 6" guys, but after seeing how Hasbro cheaped out on Vader and Yoda, I might stop with those.

GI Joe- Hasbro just appointed a new brand manager for this line, and in an interview with the Club, started talking about figures and vehicles (!) but we'll have to wait and see. If it turns out to be 2.5" stuff like the Avengers/Marvel stuff, there could be a lot of incredibly disappointed collectors.

Transformers- The rumors for stuff this year will make this interesting. There's a $150 Devastator in TRU computers, for starters...

MOTUC- I've cherry picked for years now, and will continue to do so until the end. There's supposed to be a "huge" announcement at Toy Fair, and I'm left wondering what it could be.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 12:09 AM by inadvertent imitation »
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #297 on: January 21, 2015, 12:20 AM »
At the moment, dust.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 30, 2015, 12:24 PM »
Ha! 

2015:

Star Wars
Black Series 3 3/4" - All
Black Series 6" - All
Mission Series - All
Legends - Cherry Picking
Rebels 3 3/4" - All for now including the ships
Varioius Lego Sets
Vintage lots here and there
Episode 7 Figures...?

Marvel
Legends - Avengers & Guardians figures
Marvel Infinite - Avengers figures
Minimates - Avengers figures
12" Figures - One or two when I see a sale or something really incredible

Transformers
Hasbro/Takara - Official Masterpiece Figures (G1)
Third Party - Masterpiece Look & Feel (Warbotron's Bruticus & Fantstoys Dinobots among others)
KREO Minifigures - Most of the G1 based figures

Other
Funko - a few figures here and there.  Probably stick with Aliens and Terminator
DC - I'll grab a 6" figure or two if they catch my eye

Funny, I would have said just a handfull of lines, but once I typed them all up there is more than I thought.  The limited releases from Star Wars and Marvel have redirected a lot of my funds and interest towards Masterpiece Transformers.  I've picked up a few Seekers and Alternators of the years, but after getting Quakewave (Not Soundwave) about a year ago, I'm all in on the MP Transformers figures.  Trying to build a solid collection of G1 figures - I have so far acquired a version of AUTOBOTS: Optimus, Blaster, Jetfire, Red Alert, Iron Hide, Rachet, Grimlock, Swoop, Wheelie, Bumblebee, Prowl, Smokescreen, Bluestreak, Wheeljack, Huffer, Eject, Ramhorn, & Brawn to fight DECEPTICONS: Soundwave, Starscream, Thundercracker, Skywarp, Ravage, Lazerbeak, Rumble, Frenzy, Ravage, Buzzsaw, Shockwave, Acid Storm, Sunstorm, Brawl, Blast Off, & Swindle.  I have the rest of the Dinobots and Combaticons on pre-order, along with 3P versions of Megatron and Perceptor, but I'm fast approaching a full cast for these guys (I hope!). Still a few of the cars to be made (Sunstreaker, Jazz, Mirage, Tracks) and the Conehead Seekers I suppose.  Maybe a few more combiners as well.  Luckily these are hitting about one per month, so a little easier to stomach the $100-200 price tags. 

I have been tempted by some of the vintage Funco figures, Acid Rain, and even a variety of Legos, but I'm struggling to make space for my collection as it is.   :P

Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: 2013: What Are You Collecting?
« Reply #299 on: January 30, 2015, 01:07 PM »
At this point, dust.

At the moment, dust.

Do you have any pics to share?  Are you keeping it in jars or just letting it collect naturally around the room?  How do you keep your cats from rolling around in it?
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender