Community > Other Toy Lines

2024: What Are You Collecting?

<< < (66/78) > >>

Diddly:
My assumption is that the "one movie a year" schedule is wreaking havoc on Hasbro. Having to produce Marvel toys hurts them too. I don't see it a lot since I only frequent Star Wars sites but Marvel aisles are just as bad if not worse as Star Wars. Figures from 3 years ago still on the pegs, tons of overpriced role play items that don't sell, etc

GrandMoffNick:
I think Diddly nailed it on Star Wars. One movie a year is not beneficial for toy selling.

Ben:

--- Quote from: GrandMoffNick on July 13, 2017, 12:20 PM ---I think Diddly nailed it on Star Wars. One movie a year is not beneficial for toy selling.

--- End quote ---

Absolutely true. I saw on Twitter today that the Rogue One stuff is now on clearance at Target. What, half the line made it to the pegs there? I never saw wave 3 anywhere.

At some point, the licensees are going to run into a brick wall and say screw it.

Back to the topic. I guess it's just Transformers Titans Return, which is the only thing I've had any success collecting this year. I still buy vintage GI Joe when I can. Not very often. I'd say I was a Star Wars collector, but other than the U-Wing I got on clearance at Barnes and Noble, I'm not sure I've bought anything Star Wars since wave 2 of the Rogue One stuff dropped around the movie's premiere.

McMetal:
My dollars seem to be spread in a lot of smaller directions. Vintage toys, random one-offs like the Monstarz Creepshow figure, and the occasional ReAction or Walking Dead TV figure, both of which are pretty few and far between as a rule. I like that stuff has slowed down a bit though, space is definitely a growing concern.

For Star Wars, I'll keep buying anything they make for Rebels, but at this point I'd be happy just to get Fenn Rau.

6" SW figures are still my mainstay I guess, but I'm starting to rethink those more and more lately. At least the completist aspect of it.

Brian:
It's funny, I've been reading through some older threads here this week (nostalgia), and it is kind of funny reading our comments. Lots of "how much more can they possibly make?" or "I'm pretty much wrapped up with....." comments (myself included). Funny seeing us comment on how Marvel Legends was probably going to be scraping the bottom.....in 2004. Now we are getting more than ever, 13 years later.

It seems like a lot of us are narrowing other focuses for the most part, judging by the number of posts we see on the "other" forums anymore. Outside of Star Wars, i really only buy Legends any more. As I've bee going through things lately though, I could probably stand to cut back there too. I think they are doing an amazing job with the line, but I just don't have room anymore. Getting to the point where I want to work on my collection display looking nice, and not just high quantity and cluttered.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version