Author Topic: 2024: What Are You Collecting?  (Read 179846 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: 2005: What Are You Collecting?
« Reply #45 on: January 4, 2005, 06:12 PM »
Star Wars- I know I'm going to go wild when ROTS stuff comes out. This line stays like it does every year. I'm caught up till this stuff starts coming out. I only need the yellow animated Clone, provided it exists.

GI Joe- This stuff is getting better and better, plus I find new stuff regularly. That's on the list.

Transformers G1- depends. I started buying them again now that TRU has the past waves on clearance, so I might be suckered into this one again.

Lord of the Rings- I don't want to stop collecting it, but the situation at retail here ******* blows. I'm almost caught up for 2004. I just need Isildur, Transfixed Bilbo, Peter Jackson Hobbit, Gamling, and Hama. When the 2005 pics show up, and they suck, I'll be quite selective.

Plus there's other odds and ends like McFarlane Toys' stuff, especially the Dragons and Conan lines, there's Bust-Ups, Star Trek from Johnny Lightning, Playmates, and Art Asylum, and Buffy/Angel. That's enough stuff.

I think I'm done with Marvel Legends. They're too hard to get, and when I pull my head out of my ass, I'm not all that interested in the upcoming waves. I'm keeping what I have, though, because I like most of those characters.
I'm also done with carded figures. I found the Cantina wave today plus a Sandtrooper, and I left them all there in favor of the Animated wave 3. Those were new, plus I'd open them right away.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 4, 2005, 07:30 PM »
Star Wars:

Original Trilogy

3 3/4 stuff, but only if it is a new sculpt and has VOTC-like Articulation.  I've already skipped the Cantina Wave.

GI Joe:

Any of the ARAH era repaints/re-issues. NONE of the new sculpt stuff. But the Comic 3 packs for sure.

And THESE from DUSTY TRAIL TOYS:

if the actual product is anywhere NEAR the pics of the prototypes, I'd give up the two above catagories all together.

That means that my lines being dropped from 2004 are LOTR and my random Anime/Robotech Purchases..

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 1, 2005, 01:51 PM »
Well, its been about 6 months since we last visited this thread...what are you collecting this year.  Are you thinking about picking up anything new, are there any lines you have basically dropped?  Where are those collecting dollars going this year?  For me, it has been breaking down like this:

Currently Collecting

Star Wars -
*Basic 3 3/4" Line, Deluxe, Beasts/Vehicles, Playsets, etc. -  Not a completist, just what I like, but it ends up being most of it.
*Unleashed - Just the ones I like, usually focused more on OT characters (although I picked up all 3 ROTS so far)
*Galactic Heroes - All of the OT sets, and I've picked up all of the ROTS sets so far as well.
*Vintage 3 3/4" Line - Not much devoted to this area this year with all of the ROTS spending, but I'd like to eventually get a complete, loose figure collection, and then move onto a few playsets or ships.
*Miscellaneous - Burger King Glasses and Toys, Target Glass Sets, Magazines, Posters, Ornaments, Other Misc Star Wars collectibles here and there.

Other Collectibles
*Marvel - Marvel Legends, Spider-Man Classics, Movie Figures.  I think I'm almost done with ML, at least for the most part.  Spidey Classics I basically pick up any new villains (and, if ever, supporting characters) from the line.  I recently picked up 3 FF movie figures, and hope to get a couple more if/when I find them.  I also collect Spidey movie figures, and might pick up X-Men movie figures from the next film if they look very good (skipped the other movies so far).

*Other Superheroes - Very limited, but I do have a few Superman and Batman figures.  I recently picked up the "regular" Batman Begins Batman, and plan on getting a movie Supes as well when Superman Returns comes out.  I'm a movie fan in general, so I kind of enjoy having a "movie representation" of my favorite heroes.  Very limited here overall though, as I basically focus on Marvel when it comes to superheroes.

Considering Collecting

*Mostly the higher-end Star Wars stuff, basically.  There are a couple of lines I'd like to get into, although somewhat limited likely due to price, but I'm still working on talking the Mrs. into the higher end stuff.  The lines I am interested in the most are the Gentle Giant Busts, as well as the Master Replicas stuff (FX Sabers to start).  I would really like to get into the movie prop stuff more, but it is a little pricey for me right now.

Lines Dropped

*Lord of the Rings - I got the figures I really wanted from the line, and I think I'm pretty much done with it.  I would have liked to collect the line further, but didn't have the space (or the money, because of Star Wars).  Good line overall though, and if it wasn't for all the Star Wars stuff, I'd probably would have/would get into it further.

Overall, I'm pretty much limiting myself to Star Wars stuff, with a sprinkling of Marvel stuff here and there.  Those are the lines I enjoy the most, and have the closest connection to from my childhood as well.  Every once in awhile there are single products from other lines (GI Joe, MOTU, LOTR, DC Direct, Muppets, Simpsons) that interest me as well, but many of those lines are now basically dead or I don't have the space/money for.  So what are you collecting this year, Star Wars or otherwise?

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #48 on: June 1, 2005, 02:14 PM »
Well, looking back on my January plan...

Star Wars
With RotS, I'll stick to my basics.  2 of each of the NEW basic figures (1 to open, 1 to keep carded), 1 of each of the recards/repaints (to keep carded), 1 of each of the NEW deluxe/ultra type figures, NEW vehicles, NEW box sets, etc.  I don't buy repack vehicles (usually).  The only thing I keep packaged is one of every basic figure carded.  Everything else gets opened.  I'll also probably continue to pick up some of the Galactic Hero 2-packs to stash away.

No Unleashed, no Master Replica props, no Gentle Giant busts or Bust-Ups, no Code 3 vehicles, no 12" stuff, no Sideshow Satues, no Attakus statues, no Kotobukaiya statues/models, no Die Cast vehicles, no Micro-Machine vehicles, no Action Fleet vehicles, no Jedi Force figures, no SW board games, no Wookiee super-soakers, no more WotC minatures, no Hallmark ornaments, no posters, no replica helmets, no Attacktix figures, no SW plush "buddies", etc etc etc.

I seem to have stuck to this plan quite well.  I've managed to stay away from the non-3.75" stuff with one exception (C3 GG Mini-Bust).  I'm happy with the RotS stuff I've picked up so far, so I guess I'll keep on with the old plan.   ;)

Kubricks
I'll pick up any new Sesame Street, Muppets, Batman (villians and major characters such as Gordon, Alfred or NW), and of course Star Wars.  Probably try to track down my first box set (Early Bird, Speeder Bike, or TRU 5-pack).  Maybe branch out into some of the other lines too if I happen across any I like.  :)

Again, pretty much stayed the path.  I picked up all the box sets I was missing (EB Kit, TRU 5pk, Speederbike, Max Rebo), so I guess actually I've been a bit more aggressive on these than I was planning... it's no joke they really ARE more addictive than crack.   :-\

DC Direct
I'll pick up some of the Green Lantern Wave planned for March to add to my Green Lantern shelf.  Will also pick up any new Pocket Hero sets that they announce (but I think this line is dead :().

Hmmm... I ended up NOT buying the GL wave of DCD figures.  No new Pocket Hero sets are planned either, so I think I'm done with DCD unless something really cool pops up.   :)

And that's about it.  Nothing else on my radar right now.  Not really interested in any movie lines this summer or fall and I've managed to stay away from the other tempting lines (Marvel Legends, LotR, etc).  I guess it's just Hasbro 3.75" Star Wars and selected Kubrick lines for me.   ;)

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 1, 2005, 03:03 PM »
Hmm,
six months already?  Not much has changed.

Star Wars
ROTS 3.75 figures fairly selectively, lots I haven't yet purchased from the first 44 though I have multiples of army builders, as predicted.  Vehicles have been limited though, I have yet to purchase an item above the size/price point of an AT-RT.  Patiently looking for clearance items.

Vintage - dabbled further into Droids figures, but have been very frugal on them for the most part, save the Tig Fromm.  Also dabbled in the Ewoks series now but I suppose that was inevitable.  Still need that VCJ. 

Kubrick's - will acquire new series, but still don't have Rebo band.   :-\

Marvel/Spidey/DC - up to date with ML and only need Mysterio to catch up on Spidey.  May still get a Morbius if I stumble on one.  Thinking about picking up some selective DC Direct figures :-X so that's a new direction.

High End - getting the GG statue of Vader, continuing with the GG busts selectively, have the Sideshow Vader on order, but may yet cancel that. 

Bust ups - up to date except for Chewbacca exclusive >:(

Other lines, McFarlane etc. - largely dead.  Looking forward to a couple of NBA Legends and some hockey figures, though less than five total considering chase numbers + number of collectors are inspiring less luck.  Still can't leave a chase figure on the pegs though ::)
LOTR is dead, I don't even feel like finishing out the Fellowship with the hobbits and Legolas.  I've got a line of large figures (Superheroes) and don't have space or inclination for another.  I regret getting these and wish I'd acquired only the AOME stuff, if anything. 

All in all, the impending move has done a reasonable job of dampening my spending. Seeing my total from last year for all the stuff scared the snot out of me.  I'd suggest I'll end up around half of what I did at that time.  I hope.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 8, 2005, 02:17 PM »
Just looking back at my June post and thinking about things recently, I really need to try to slim down the different lines.  Although I know I'm not involved in quite as many things as others are, I still think that financially and space wise I need to try to streamline things a little bit.  Ideally, it would be nice to limit it to the following:

Star Wars Basic (Modern) 3 3/4" Line - What I like, usually ends up being most.  This includes any new/good vehicles that I don't already have, along with Deluxe/Ultra, Beasts, or possible playsets.  Most definitely the "bulk" of my collecting lies here.

Star Wars Basic (Vintage) 3 3/4" Line - Something that has really been neglected this year with all the ROTS stuff, but I plan to slowly continue to work towards a loose, complete collection.  If that ever gets finished, maybe moving into vehicles/playsets, or a small carded collection.

Unleashed - We'll know more last week, but sounds like this might be done.  Its a shame, but I guess that's one way to cut out a line.  I'll pick up most of the remaining ones (if these are the last waves), and I'd really like to get a Stormtrooper...which might be next to impossible here pretty soon.

Galactic Heroes - I really like this line, but I'm not sure where I stand on it (or where it stands).  If it continues in a non-transforming vehicle way....with new figure 2 packs and possibly some new vehicles...I'll keep on going.  If it moves to repacks, or more of those transforming vehicles, I'm likely out of these.

Other Star Wars Collectibles - Nothing concrete here, but a few areas I'm interested in.  I'd really like to get into higher end stuff like MR and Gentle Giant, but I just don't think I can afford it.  I'm really, really interested in joining the Kubrick club here at JD, and that's something I'm still figuring out.  I'd probably have to lay off the higher priced chases, but at least getting the "regular" figures would be fun.  I'm also kind of working on a Hallmark Ornament collection, but now just focusing on OT ones, and likely just the regular sized character ones for now.  A few other odds and ends (one more set of the vintage BK glasses) here and there, but the main "other" lines I'm interested in at this point (depending on what is cut/added in the next year plus) are Kubricks and Hallmark stuff.

Marvel/Comic - This will probably be less in the coming months/years.  There are a few Legends here and there I'd like to get, and the occasional movie figures as well, but overall it shouldn't be too much.  One more movie figure this year (Doom), then next year likely a Superman (maybe Luthor?) from Superman Returns...and we'll see what the X-Men 3 figures look like.  Haven't picked up any from the past movies.  I'll be curious to see what the Legends line will bring next year.  And...I hate to even say it....I kind of like the looks of the Marvel Kubricks that have been shown/talked about here as well.

Overall, probably not much different than my previous post...but there's so much stuff I'd like to collect, but only a few things I probably should.  I'm sometimes envious of the people who just collect the basic line...or the basic lines and Kubricks...or some combination like that.  Not quite as much to chase after and spend money on ;).  I wish I was as on the ball as many of you here, and already had my vintage collection complete (at least the figures), that would take the stress off a lot at jumping into Kubrick world ;).

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 8, 2005, 02:38 PM »
Well, looking at what has been announced for the rest of this year...and looking towards next year, I might be narrowing things just a bit.  With what I've seen lately, most of my Star Wars collecting might just be the basic 3 3/4" line.  That is the line that I have been with (and will continue to) through it all, and I'll likely continue with any new figures next year.

Basic 3 3/4" Line - Any "new" basic figures.  I'll likely avoid repacks and that unless they are figures I missed the first time (Original Trilogy) or crafty repaints (clones, OT).  I'm looking forward to a return of OT figures next year, and hope to pick up any new ones.  Also, any other things related to this same scale...Evolutions packs, deluxe/special figures, beasts, ships, etc.  Only ones that interest me, definitely not completist.  Vintage figures are a continuing quest for me, and I'll pick up a few loose/complete ones here and there when I have the extra cash.

"Other" Star Wars Lines - This might be winding down.  My favorite, Unleashed, is coming to an end, or at least going on hiatus.  A few more pieces that I'd like to pick up, but it might be via ebay or fellow collectors if these aren't showing at retail past the Obi/Anakin/Grievous wave.  I also enjoy Galactic Heroes, but from what we've heard and seen so far, it looks like that might be most (or all) repacks for next year, or at least the first part.  Other than picking up some of the Hallmark ornaments, those were my main "other lines".  I'm thinking about picking up a new one, since others are going on hiatus or into "repack mode".  I'm leaning towards Bust-Ups, because they are fairly affordable and somewhat easy to catch up with.  I'd like to go with Kubricks, but I just don't think I can afford them, and I'm WAY behind.

Everything Else - I try to limit this as much as I can, due to money and space.  Several great lines out there, but the one(s) I tend to stick with are comic-based ones.  That has comprised mostly of Marvel Legends/Spidey Classics overall.  I'm probably winding down with those a little bit too, but will continue to pick up a few here and there the rest of the way.  I'll pick up Spidey allies/villains if/when they are released too.  I am usually somewhat interested in the movie figures too, depending on quality.  I'm also getting deeper into DC stuff, Superman in particular, and I think that might be where much of my "extra collecting budget" goes towards.  There's not really a "mass retail" line out for that right now, so it shouldn't be a big focus at this point.  If the DC-Legends style line takes off next year, that might be a new area of interest for me.  I've got most of my favorte Marvel heroes represented, and DC is a world I'm getting more into now.  Also on that note, I continue to buy a few comics here and there, although I don't really "collect" them, just read and enjoy them.

I just got to thinking about this again today, because with the decline or disappearance of some of my favorite "supporting" lines, I might be back to just basic figure Star Wars collecting for the first time in awhile.  That is how I started out (and it was much cheaper :P), and it might be heading that way again.  I've always kind of enjoyed having another Star Wars line to dabble in, so I might be finding something else if Unleashed, Galactic Heroes, etc. go the way of the dodo.  Does anyone else here basically stick with just the basic line (and all it encompasses) and avoid all the "other" lines from Star Wars?  I think there is more than enough there (and with other franchises/interests) to keep me busy and poor, but sometimes those other lines just get tempting.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2005, 04:25 PM by mosnab »

Offline LiK

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
    • OmochaDX
« Reply #52 on: September 2, 2005, 08:24 PM »
kubricks, japanese figures, gashapons, trading figures, action figures, 1/6 scale - nothing specific, anything i happen to like
http://omochadx.com
Reviews, Rants, Ravings and Information about Toys and More!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: 2006: What Are You Collecting?
« Reply #53 on: January 3, 2006, 11:34 AM »
New year, thought it might be a good time to drag this one back up.  So, what are you looking to collect in 2006?  Are you condensing things down (or hoping to)?  Are you picking up some new lines?  How are things looking for the new year?  This is what I'm thinking about for 06, although I really want to make an effort to scale things back considerably.  Space is a big issue, as is budget, and its time for me to condense if possible.

Star Wars

Basic Figure (Modern) Line - Just the ones I like, non completist, but probably most.  A few army builders here and there.  Relating vehicles or anything else we might see this year that I don't already have and that look good to me.

Basic Figure (Vintage) Line - This really got put off last year, and I'm hoping to get back to my continuing quest for a complete, loose, figure collection.

Unleashed - The "big" ones, if they do ever come back.

Galactic Heroes - Any new Original Trilogy sets, if we see them.

Bust Ups - I'm looking at getting into these further, sticking to OT only though.  We'll see what the budget allows though.

Other Lines

Marvel (Legends, Classics, Movies) - Probably not as much as in past years, but this will be my main "other" area of collecting aside from Star Wars.  A few from Legends, a few Spidey Classics, and we'll see what the X-Men/X3 line brings.

DC (Superheroes, JLU) - There's one more 3 pack (Luthor) that I want to pick up for sure from the JLU line, and we'll see after that.  As far as DC Superheroes, it sounds like its just Supes/Bats for this year, and I'll probably try to pick up most of the Superman related figures.  Depends on what the budget allows though, as these seem to be priced at $10 a pop.  I might take a look at the Superman Returns movie figs as well, depending on what they're like.  I can probably safely say I'll pick up a basic Superman at least.

Comics - Not sure if this is really "collecting" to me, although I do keep my comics.  I mainly buy them to read/enjoy them though, and don't necessarily collect them.  I do buy a few titles fairly regularly though, and hope to continue to.  Mainly Marvel, and some DC (and Star Wars).

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #54 on: January 3, 2006, 01:19 PM »
GI Joe- I love the DTC stuff (now that I finally own some) and with the extra money I have each month, I'm trying to build that loose collection of vintage Joes I've always wanted.

G1 Transformers- Again, with the extra money I have, I decided to get into these hardcore. I bought a reissue Galvatron and a vintage Soundwave last week, which is awesome.

Marvel Legends- hopefully future series are as easy to find as 10 and 11 were.

Buffy/Angel/Serenity- I like these figures, but I wish they were a little cheaper and easier to find.

Dropped lines
LOTR- I'm pretty much done anyway, besides that last Orc and Eowyn, but I'm sure I could live without them.

Star Wars- piss-poor distribution in 2005 and random holo figures for 2006 just made me say "**** it". I also heard the new Saga figures are ringing up at $6-7, which is too much for what we get.
I have enough SW figures, and really don't want anymore.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Dhivael

• Youngling
  • Dark Lord of the Sith
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 3, 2006, 01:34 PM »
Im rather disappointed by Toybiz dropping the LOTR line, but whats done is done, and ill continue trying to get the ones i missed, but thats looking more and more difficult by the day.

Starwars. Ill get a few, im cutting back significantly this year to just the ones i really want, and army builders, now that i have been swept up in that fiasco lol.
-Dhivael

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 3, 2006, 01:43 PM »
Ah, I'm still as stupid as I ever was and seemingly always will be ::)

Star Wars
Modern 3 3/4 - 2005 I actually managed to not purchase some figures and not miss them, so I'll try again this year.  OT stuff is almost a gimme, PT is a maybe but I'd like to stop army building for no reason.  

Vintage - finished almost all of the loose vintage I wanted, only one or two variations left plus two Ewoks for the loose collection.  Started buying some vinty vehicles now and occasionally pick up a carded figure here and there ::)

Kubrick's - up to date but for one Fett chase and the newest TRU set.  I'll get both eventually and keep going with new stuff.

Marvel/Spidey/DC - stoopid obsession with chase figures ::) but up to date for what I've seen at retail.  Selective with ML, villains for spidey line, box sets and then selective with DC - really digging the Alex Ross stuff.  

High End - GG, Sideshow, Code 3, MR will probably all see some of my cash this year.  GG for busts/bust ups, Sideshow for statues, Code 3 for mini posters, MR - who knows?

Bust ups - up to date except for Chewbacca exclusive >:( and now series 5, but it hasn't shown at retail locally yet.  I'll keep up with these guys.

Other lines, McFarlane etc. - largely dead.  Looking forward to a couple of NBA Legends and some hockey figures, much as last time.  The Legends lines are far more tempting to me as these were the guys I grew up watching.  The era seems so much less jaded for all sports.  Definitely get both versions of Orr and whatever else seems interesting.  Very, very happy to have largely dropped this line though.  

All in all, the impending move has done a reasonable job of dampening my spending. Seeing my total from last year for all the stuff scared the snot out of me.  I'd suggest I'll end up around half of what I did at that time.  I hope.
That's a fairly laughable statement.  Between army building with shock troopers and #41's, buying higher end items (MR helmets, Sideshow statues) and rounding out vintage and kubricks I didn't end up much different at all from last year.  Too much crap, have I.  Too much crap, continue I to buy.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #57 on: January 3, 2006, 01:56 PM »
I'll be remaining faithful to the SW TSC line grabing 2 of each, and very limited army building at this pricepoint.

I'll be acquiring the Sideshow 12" line. I hardly bought any 12"ers  since the line was introduced back in the 90s. So starting fresh with this format/manufacturer is a lot easier to swallow. And the added accessories and overall quality easily justifies the pricepoint for me.

I'll be continuing with my new addiction thanks to Jeff: Kubricks.
Since October '05 I've picked up about 20 of them and there's no end in sight. :P

Finally the Xmas Ornaments:
I've been able to get all of them since 1997 from my Mom for Xmas each year. So even if everything else I get as gifts suck, at leasts I have those to look forward to.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 3, 2006, 03:00 PM »
**Sigh**  Maybe by 2007 I'll have figured out what I want to collect in 2006.

Other Toy Lines:  I think I've pretty much lost interest in everything out there.  I've picked up the occasional Spawn, Sportspick, Marvel Legend, MOTU and Predator figures in the past year or two, but I've pretty much got what I want.  Perhaps I'll pick up a fig or two down the line (like Orr and Cherry Sportspicks), but there's not too much perking up my ears.

Star Wars:  Where do I focus?  I'd nearly decided to give up the 3 3/4" line, but those cards look too damn nice.  So perhaps I'll continue with this, but carded only.  I'm sure I'll also try and grab a few clones to add to my little army.  The tough part is how hard am I willing to pursue exclusives and multi-packs?  Time will tell I guess.

I've grown interested in the vintage line - I'd like to pursue a loose collection of figures and a few Canadian Carded Vaders.  For now, I'm quite happy to take my time with this.

I still want to stick with the Bust-Ups and Kubricks, but I really don't care about any of the chases.  I'm quite content with the regular figures.

I've managed to stay away from the GG Busts (only own 3 and I'm happy with them) and all MR (I've ordered the mini Ep IV Vader saber but that's all I want), so at least I've found control there.  But I've devoted a lot of money to the upcoming Sideshow statues (Vader, Obi-Wan, Grievous, Leia) and a couple RAH figures.  Still kinda feel guilty about putting so much money into one item.

So what do I give up?  I think I'll give up the Galactic Heroes and Force Battlers figures.  I also don't plan on buying any 3 3/4" scale vehicles, except maybe the AT-AT.  I had started getting into the miniatures, but they've since lost my interest.  They're all in storage right now and may end up being sold, including my Mini AT-AT (Sell one AT-AT and buy another.  ::)).  Lego?  It's in storage too and I'll likely not buy more (unless they revive the MINI line).
« Last Edit: January 3, 2006, 03:01 PM by JesseVader08 »

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 3, 2006, 07:06 PM »
I'll buy whatever Master Replica puts in front of me (even though I am hoping for some control over signature sabers I already have).   I planned on buying the Sideshow 12" line but so far I have passed on Luke and Anakin.  I will try for Obi-wan on Friday but if that ends in a bust, I might just say screw it and stick with MR only.

I am sure to grab some new GH figures and the 3 3/4" ones also.  Why I continue to buy PT clonetroopers is a mystery.  I have so many now that they outnumber all the different core characters from the OT (and trust me, that is a lot of figures!!)

No other line interests me but Mattel did learn their lesson in the Kelly doll line and went back to the original mold.  I am sure to stock up on those for my daughter and grab a Barbie or two. 
Beth