Author Topic: 2024: What Are You Collecting?  (Read 179844 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: 2013: What Are You Collecting?
« Reply #255 on: January 4, 2013, 09:26 PM »
Boy, just about nothing really. 

Marvel Universe I'll keep up with as I can but I can't bring myself to spend over regular retail on these.

Star Wars I suppose if something OT has appeal in terms of single figures I might be inclined.  I think I'd still like to get some more Droids stuff but most of the line has died for me.  I keep an eye on GG but not really going there I don't think. 

I'll agree that Lego is dangerous and very tempting ergo I must stay away.  LOTR, Marvel, DC, SW all have great products I'd love to own.  But I've decided I'm space limited so nope. 

Scotch - yeah, that's right, Scotch whisky.  Gotta collect something.  Stoopid OCD.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 4, 2013, 09:28 PM »
Scotch - yeah, that's right, Scotch whisky.  Gotta collect something.  Stoopid OCD.

But, can you keep that mint in bottle?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 4, 2013, 09:39 PM »

But, can you keep that mint in bottle?

I've almost always been an opener, so no big.  ;)

Oh yeah, I keep hoping to find a good deal on a Master Replicas Obi Wan OT saber hilt.  Not likely. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 5, 2013, 12:36 AM »
I really feel like bagging it all but I probably won't.  I somehow convinced myself over the last two weeks that buying discount Lego sets was a good idea...  I'm such a sucker.

Star Wars - Yeah.  I'll be buying SW stuff this year, even if I don't know exactly what it'll be.  I'm thinking if there's going to be nothing new until late in the year maybe I'll spend some cash on some AT-AT Driver and Republic Gunship items I've been waiting on.  There are a couple Class I vehicles I'll pick up and maybe a Class II, and there is a new Republic Gunship coming from Lego later in the year.

G.I. Joe - There are a couple movie figures I want, if they get released, but I'm definitely not buying the whole line.  There's maybe 5 or so that I'm really interested in and one vehicle.  But, I may be going to the GI Joe convention this year and if I do I'll be in for one of the packages and probably some souvenirs along with anything else I find at the show.  If they do another SDCC exclusive of the TF/Joe crossover nature I might be in for that also.

Lego - I bought some discount sets over the last couple of weeks but other than that Gunship later this year, the blind bagged minifigs and some SW pollybag sets, I'm probably out of this line now that Harry Potter is done.

Everything Else - I've picked up a few Transformers recently and may grab one or two more, but that's a 1 here, 1 there type deal.  I'll leave room for the odd Hot Wheels TV/Movie vehicle and I'll probably pick up a couple more Glyos figures.  I have a Hot Toys Iron Man figure coming and I won't say no if they bring some other character that I find I can't do without.

Overall, I'm hoping to spend a lot less money on toys this year.  Of course, I say that every year.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 5, 2013, 08:11 AM »
I did spend a LOT less on new toys this past year, not so much by choice but as a result of Hasbro's unwillingness to sell more Clone wars toys. I knocked out a lot of stuff on my list last year though.

For 2013:

Star Wars: Whatever TCW swag they see fit to release, maybe another  class I, BP, and a few figures? Also need a few odd vintage variants, hollow tube tusken raider, red haired Hoth Leia, etc. and that pesky orange haired Luke!

DCU: new Watchmen figures courtesy of Club Black Freighter, cannot wait for these!

Hanna Barbera: new Zandor and Tundro figures from the Herculoids cartoon

Walking Dead: anything and everything they decide to bless us with, no Minimates though

Still trying to avoid that Hobbit line, I've made it this far, so that's good. Don't see any other new stuff out there with much appeal, but there's still tons of old stuff I've had my eye on...Micronauts, GI JOE, etc.

One thing that helped a TON in 2012 was selling on ebay. I had a nice little side business going most of the year, definitely helped defray the out of pocket expenses. I look forward to continuing that this year.

Mostly though, 2013 will be the year I get back to my music collection! It's been neglected badly since the SW bug bit me again a few years back, but I'm ready to dive back in...

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #260 on: January 5, 2013, 09:52 AM »
This will be an interesting year for sure.

Star Wars: We'll see, right? I actually look forward to a healthy break.

Vintage SW: I'll continue to work on completing my boxed ships/carded collection.

The Hobbit: Whatever comes out...

LOTR (Toy Biz): I'm going back to complete my vintage  ;D LOTR collection.

Offline Ghost of QG

• Jedi Initiate
  • Pimpin' the Midwest
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 5, 2013, 11:49 AM »
Dropped Hasbro completely so I will concentrate on Sideshow. Will also snag any Walking Dead figures and I'll finish off my Hot Toys Avengers figures.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 5, 2013, 02:08 PM »
Star Wars: Barring any catastrophic changes to the line (scale, reduced articulation all around), I'm still in for whatever, whenever.

G.I. JOE: I dunno...they are too expensive at $10 each. I never liked the change in scale. But not a year goes buy when I don't pick up something.

I avoid Lego, once you go brick, you never go back!

Last year I debated collecting the blind bagged Playmobil figures, but talked myself out of it...because I'm feeling/looking too old to collect such a kiddie line at all and like Lego, there's too much Playmobil out there. You slip up and buy a regular set, then it escalates.

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 5, 2013, 03:58 PM »
Star Wars - In Limbo for now...I would love a healthy break too

G.I. Joe - I will pick and choose what ones I want

The Hobbit - will buy what comes out

LOTR - I am like Darby, with SW on vacation I am going back and finishing

TMNT - Slow process but collecting Vintage 1 figure at a time.  Same goes with Modern Line

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 7, 2013, 06:42 AM »
Star Wars - Is there anything TO collect yet? Looks like I'll be picking up the mini rig Yoda fighter, and maybe the Endor AT-AT, though I'd almost rather track down the one from 2010. Still have some holes in my TVC line I'll probably fill, mainly the Imperial Navy Commander, Dack, AT-AT Commander, Snowspeeder and Cloud Car.

Marvel - Still picking and choosing. I mainly stick to anything Spider-Man and some X-Men, with other various characters along the way. Will probably skip most of the Iron Man 3 line... most movie lines I only snag one or two figures anyway, and those are generally comic versions, so meh

LEGO - hoo boy... I'll pick up anything Star Wars OT, maybe anything if it's cheap (ie Planet sets, troop building sets, etc). Marvel and DC I pick and choose mostly for the minifigures. :-[ And of course I love the blindbag minifigures. Might pick up small, cheap sets here and there

I'm scared I would get sucked into a LOTR line, if Bridge Direct does as well on it as they did the Hobbit line, which I have resisted so far...
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 7, 2013, 08:44 AM »
Currently:

Star Wars
G.I. Joe - probably not too many
Marvel Universe
NECA Predator
NECA Gremlins
NECA Aliens/Prometheus
NECA Rocky

update:  forgot The Hobbit, it has been too long since the first wave came out...

Hey, look at that Hasbro, you are losing me....
« Last Edit: January 7, 2013, 08:58 AM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 18, 2013, 12:00 PM »
One line I forgot to mention on my earlier post is the Batman: The Animated Series line from the 90s.  I've been slowly going back and picking some of those up (as well as a few I had from those days), and I hope to eventually get nice loose figures of the main heroes and villains.  It has long been my favorite show (despite being a bigger Spidey fan than Batman fan) and I have always loved the animation style of that universe, and wanted to pick up the figures as well.  When you take out all the zany Batman variations, it really isn't that many figures to pick up either.  So, if any of you picked some of these up in the 90s, and are looking to dump them, let me know :).

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 18, 2013, 12:12 PM »
Hasbro Star Wars - mainly just newer vehicles (still in it for Ewoks and logs though)

LEGO Star Wars - anything that grabs my attention + has to be a good deal

GI Joe - waiting for the movie reboot to see if there's anything good to eat

Transformers - hate the current lines, but still in the market for MPs and a few 3rd party bits
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 12:18 PM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 18, 2013, 12:58 PM »
I am assisting my 2 year old son in amassing a collection of Thomas the Tank Engine Trackmaster toys. Of course, he doesn't know he's collecting.  :)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #269 on: January 21, 2013, 10:10 PM »
Well...my collecting has calmed down.

MOTUC - all in

WWE Elite - random figures

DCUC - out
Marvel Legends - out
Marvel Universe - out