Author Topic: Disney Marvel Cinematic Universe  (Read 2866 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Disney Marvel Cinematic Universe
« Reply #60 on: September 18, 2018, 02:48 PM »
Looks good, gotta watch it again because I didn't realize that was supposed to be a Skrull.  :o

Glad to see the movies are getting a lot of mileage out of the FF villains, if not the team themselves. Ronan, Klaw, Skrulls, etc.
I promise you I will not entertain you in the hallway, and do not attempt to walk with me

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #61 on: September 19, 2018, 07:51 AM »
Now this is interesting...

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/loki-scarlet-witch-tv-series-marvel-disney-streaming-service-1202947551/

6-8 episode series featuring the same actors that played the characters in the films!
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 19, 2018, 09:40 AM »
They seem to be going pretty deep with the whole Kree backstory - Ronan, Korath, Mar-Vell, and that whole Kree strike team.  And then you tie in Fury and SHIELD, and the story of Coulson being brought back after the first Avengers film with what turned out to be reverse engineered Kree technology (including a Kree corpse), and it brings some things together nicely.  I hope that the de-aged Fury and Coulson don't look ridiculous!

I'm glad to see the Skrulls being brought into the MCU at last, too.  Ever since projects like Thor, Avengers and GOTG took the stories beyond the bounds of Earth, the Skrulls have been a notable absence.  I had heard something to the effect that they were part of Fox's realm of the Marvel film franchise along with the Fantastic Four.  But now that Disney is buying Fox, that doesn't seem to be as much of a thing.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2018, 07:50 AM »
Yeah, I'd heard Skrulls were F4/Fox properties as well.  Maybe when they were negotiating the merger (which isn't yet finalized), they loaned Disney rights to Skrulls the same way Sony did with Spidey.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 20, 2018, 08:02 AM »
Normal Skrulls are fair game, it's just Super Skrull and the other FF characters Marvel can't use (yet).
Common sense isn't so common