Author Topic: Mailers  (Read 1618 times)

Offline Thomas Grey

• Jedi Padawan
  • What are you laughing at fuzzball?
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Mailers
« on: March 11, 2004, 02:45 PM »
I think Kellerman's book detailed the mailers from the vintage era well. Just curious if anyone has any of these in the original white box or mailer bags...

There's just something about these that I like even though they are figures available on cards. I love the idea of sending away for a Sears promo and receiving 10 figures to add to my collection. Reading the names that came in these boxes is enough to make me cry. And I like that they are rare and exclusive in their own right. It's great to see such detailed information (what came in the box, the item #'s and vendor). I see these from time to time on ebay and just cringe. Stinks to be someone with so much financial responsibility that I can't indulge in what I am most passionate about...
« Last Edit: March 11, 2004, 02:52 PM by Thomas Grey »
"There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny."

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
Re: Mailers
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2004, 03:56 PM »
For me I can recall waiting by the mailbox for my Boba Fett to arrive. I agree I like the mailers for the memories although it is not a pursuit of mine currently. I also have saw those ebay prices. With those prices I won't be collecting the multi fig  boxes anytime soon.

The only figs I have in mailers are pretty common. I have a Fett, Akbar, emperor and R2 bagged.
Wayne Roberts or you can call me Sarge

Offline Todd H.

• Youngling
  • GNT BLOWS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2004, 07:56 PM »
I remember sending out my POP to kenner and never receiving my Fett, those pricks

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2004, 08:00 PM »
Yeah, those mailers were some of the absolute highlights of the vintage era.  The chance to get the newest figure in your mailbox (for some POPs) before it ever hit stores...  Way too cool!  So what's the list of these?

Boba Fett
Bossk
4-LOM
Admiral Ackbar
Emperor
Anakin

Did I get those right, and in the right order?  Any others I forgot?  I think I probably got rid of my white boxes as well, but since most of my vintage loot is in storage, I won't be able to figure it out for sure for quite a while.   :-\

Good times back then, for sure!  Hasbro would be wise to toss us a bone similar in nature one of these days!   8)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2004, 09:30 AM »
I never mailed away for any figures.  :'(