Author Topic: TOMY/Kotobukiya "Real Mask Magnets"  (Read 46877 times)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Re: TOMY/Kotobukiya "Real Mask Magnets"
« Reply #105 on: June 2, 2010, 12:47 PM »
Like Scott, I've always wanted to grab these, but never pulled the trigger.  I always figured they'd be easy to display on the bar fridge.

I wasn't as lucky at finding a full box, so I only grabbed the last 17 my local Target had.  Haven't had a chance to open them to see what I got. 

Anyone know an easy way to determine what's in the bag without opening it?  At a cursory feel, it seemed it'd be a bit tough to determine the character.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 2, 2010, 02:04 PM »
I don't recall any way to tell what was in them, but it's been a long time since I bought these as I was only in during the first release.  I think they're cool, but still only really liked the helmets.  If you had dupes of any of the following you'd have an instant market:

biker scout
royal guard
series 4 vader
AT-AT driver. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 3, 2010, 10:36 AM »
I always sort of admired these from afar as well, so I may check what our local Targets have as well.  I don't necessarily need them all, and if nothing else, I'd at least like to get the R2 and 3PO for the fridge.  Pretty slim odds of just finding two of them like that though I suppose, but the others look great as well.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 4, 2010, 04:03 AM »
I have the Vader from the TOMY release, but didn't realize they had also put out a "revealed" (removable helmet) version as well.  It's now part of Artbox's rereleases, so I've already managed to get a deal on one from someone so I don't have to track it down on ebay.

Offline Crackbrick

• Jedi Padawan
  • Crackbrickhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 4, 2010, 10:29 AM »
Like Scott, I've always wanted to grab these, but never pulled the trigger.  I always figured they'd be easy to display on the bar fridge.

I wasn't as lucky at finding a full box, so I only grabbed the last 17 my local Target had.  Haven't had a chance to open them to see what I got. 

Anyone know an easy way to determine what's in the bag without opening it?  At a cursory feel, it seemed it'd be a bit tough to determine the character.

I don't think so.
You can feel around the bag and guess a few but its a stretch.
I grabbed one from the box, there were only a few left, I ended up with Nine Numb (already had).
I missed a few secrets with these but I think there is only one of them in the Target releases, Leia Boussh, so I'll just take a shot once and awhile to see if I can get it.

cb
I Dream of Yumbos...

Offline Crackbrick

• Jedi Padawan
  • Crackbrickhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 4, 2010, 10:32 AM »
Never got these:

Shiney C-3PO (chase)
Commander Gree (variant chase)
or Boussh

This is one series I'd love to complete though.

cb
I Dream of Yumbos...

Offline Crackbrick

• Jedi Padawan
  • Crackbrickhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 4, 2010, 10:53 AM »
Not sure where to get these:

Also coming in March from Ensky is a nifty set of R2 magnets, previously offered at last year's Celebration Japan with the exception of R2-Q5 -- that's the black one -- which has been added to the set for this new offering.

I Dream of Yumbos...

Offline ddrlenz

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 4, 2010, 03:31 PM »
Anyone know of a good place to trade these?  I have a couple dupes and I'm looking for a few.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 4, 2010, 03:38 PM »
Anyone know of a good place to trade these?  I have a couple dupes and I'm looking for a few.

Given they seem to have just come out recently stateside I think you'll see slim pickings trading wise.  If I recall correctly on their initial release it was only Japanese retailers (and maybe later SWS.com?) that had them and you could only order by the case.  I think I have a spare Tusken Raider somewhere but most people would only have a single spare piece (or two, I can't remember exactly what the box content was) from each wave, so unlikely to be a big market out there unfortunately.  You're probably better off trying to sell them and seeing if you can pick up what you otherwise need. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline ddrlenz

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 4, 2010, 05:18 PM »

Given they seem to have just come out recently stateside I think you'll see slim pickings trading wise.  If I recall correctly on their initial release it was only Japanese retailers (and maybe later SWS.com?) that had them and you could only order by the case.  I think I have a spare Tusken Raider somewhere but most people would only have a single spare piece (or two, I can't remember exactly what the box content was) from each wave, so unlikely to be a big market out there unfortunately.  You're probably better off trying to sell them and seeing if you can pick up what you otherwise need. 

Thanks MorgBug.  I appreciate the input.  I wonder what Yoda, a Stormie, and two Luke X-Wings will fetch on eBay.  lol

Offline ddrlenz

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 4, 2010, 05:22 PM »

Also coming in March from Ensky is a nifty set of R2 magnets, previously offered at last year's Celebration Japan with the exception of R2-Q5 -- that's the black one -- which has been added to the set for this new offering.

Oh yes...and FYI, you can grab that at HLJ.com for $8.00 on clearance.  I grabbed two sets myself.

Offline Crackbrick

• Jedi Padawan
  • Crackbrickhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 4, 2010, 09:07 PM »
That's a great price!

CB
I Dream of Yumbos...

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #117 on: June 5, 2010, 12:01 PM »
Bought Series 3 from ToyWiz.com and got all 8 which means the only one I am really missing is Gree

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 5, 2010, 04:11 PM »
Bought Series 3 from ToyWiz.com and got all 8 which means the only one I am really missing is Gree

How much was w3?  I'm too lazy to check at the moment - installing new closet doors.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 5, 2010, 05:00 PM »

Artbox was selling those at their booth at last year's San Diego Comic Con.  I had to wait until the last day of the show to actually get these because they kept on selling out.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback