Author Topic: The Hulk Movie  (Read 8489 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
The Hulk Movie
« on: January 25, 2003, 09:23 AM »
I just saw the New Hulk movie trailer. This is to be aired during the Super Bowl.
All I can say is

http://www.superherohype.com/cgi-bin/news/fullnews.cgi?newsid1043430241,82458,

A big Thanks to membraneman for posting about it on Snowtrooper.ca.  ;)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2004, 04:16 AM by JediMAC »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re:The Hulk Movie Tralier.
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2003, 10:33 AM »
It looked good, CGI is a little scary, Jar Jar is one thing, the Hulk is another

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2003, 10:48 AM »
What get's me after all these years is, the Hulk is bigger in this movie & yet his Pants still stay on.   ;D

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2003, 10:50 AM »
You know what Radiation does to one's...shall we say...bits and pieces?  Ask George Costanza after he's been swimming ;)

Offline Kobal

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2003, 12:10 AM »
I didn't see it during the Super Bowl (not much of a sports fan), but I did make sure to stop by the official site  (http://www.thehulk.com) today and check it out.  Hmm, well, the Hulk was appropriately big, that's for sure, but he seemed a bit too...cuddly, I guess.  His face looked like the big lovable bear type of a guy (my wife mentioned Shrek, and she's not too far from the mark).  

I understand that as the protagonist, we're supposed to identify with him and all.  But we're all familiar with the line (that's even in the trailer), "You wouldn't like me when I'm angry".  Well, if you're just a big green teddy bear, who wouldn't like you?

I'm sorry...I'm ranting.  I am looking forward to the movie.  I'm just hoping they don't screw it up like so many other possibilities have been screwed (anybody see the piece of trash they call the D&D movie?).  But, I guess on the plus side, I didn't see the Hulk spewing any cheesy one-liners. ;)

Offline Batman

• Youngling
  • I'm Batman!
    • View Profile
Hulk
« Reply #5 on: June 8, 2003, 01:29 PM »
How many of you can't wait for this movie to come out on 6/20?  OR how many of you think this this movie is going to suck?  I think the Hulk looks fake in the previews, but we will see when the movie comes out :P.  
« Last Edit: June 8, 2003, 01:30 PM by Batman »
Corey aka Batman

"Even the smallest people can change the course of the future."

Offline BushiFox

• Youngling
  • Say no to Priority mail.
    • View Profile
Re: Hulk
« Reply #6 on: June 8, 2003, 01:34 PM »
I dunno, but I have this comic book that is Batman Vs. Hulk.  :)
Optimists believe this is the best of all worlds.  Pessimists fear the same may be true.

Offline Batman

• Youngling
  • I'm Batman!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 8, 2003, 01:35 PM »
I dunno, but I have this comic book that is Batman Vs. Hulk.  :)

Really?  Batman wins right ;)?
Corey aka Batman

"Even the smallest people can change the course of the future."

Jango Fettish

« Reply #8 on: June 8, 2003, 01:51 PM »
Pass. The Bruce Banner portryal/actor looks pathetic.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 8, 2003, 02:01 PM »
The CGI on the Hulk does not look that good IMO.
Who is the best Hulk?

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 8, 2003, 02:15 PM »
I'm going to pass on this movie since the CGI on the Hulk looks fake.  I'm not a fan of the Hulk fanchise but remember some of the tv show and don't know when Hulk became as big as a two story house (16'-20' i guess) and have the ability to jump what looks like a long distance and other thing in the trailer that seem kind of stuipid.

Offline TopJedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • The Toy Whore!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 8, 2003, 02:16 PM »
I saw the full Hulk trailer at the theater Friday night right before F&F2 came on.

Honestly, I am a Hulk fan...as well as my wife.......and I liked what I saw of the Hulk scenes.....but I think that another actor would look better for Bruce Banner's portrayal.

Still, I'll see this movie......and hopefully it won't be too bad ;)
Brian AKA TopJedi
sniperman76@hotmail.com

Always interested in trading for Clone troopers,Battle Droids and other army builders

Offline BushiFox

• Youngling
  • Say no to Priority mail.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 8, 2003, 02:24 PM »
Bah.  The T.V. show was terrible.  Hulk is the strongest character in the Marvel universe.  He is about 8-10 feet tall in the comic book.  He can jump for several miles at a time.  I think the wussy t.v. hulk has you guys spoiled...

The CGI looks ok except for his face in my opinion.  That is what is killing me.

As far as Batman vs. hulk.  He is able to get him one time, cause Batman throws some knockout gas, and the Hulk holds his breath, so Batman punches him in the sternum and makes him breathe in the gas and get knocked out.  World's greatest detective indeed.

(he tried it a second time and it didn't work though...Hulk Learn.)

The banner guy looks like he will be O.K.  I'm probably gonna see the movie.
Optimists believe this is the best of all worlds.  Pessimists fear the same may be true.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #13 on: June 8, 2003, 04:27 PM »
I'll see it, mainly because I'm interested to see Ang Lee's take on it.  The CGI looks a little fake, and I don't remember the Hulk being able to fly.   ::)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 8, 2003, 04:40 PM »
I think where Hulk may have difficulty capturing an audience, as compared with the other Marvel movies is this:  we're talking about a 10 foot plus tall green behemoth.  Not something you'd expect to see everyday.

The other Marvel movies, like Spiderman, X-Men, and X-2 have dealt with relatively normal people in terms of stature and appearance.    The apparent humanity of these characters makes them much easier to grasp.

The Hulk is a far stretch from the above situation.  Like I said, you're dealing with a giant, green monster.  Suspending your disbelief will be difficult.  But, also think about it this way:  how fixated were you on the appearance of the Cave Troll in The Lord Of The Rings:  The Fellowship Of The Ring?  Or how about the Balrog?  Were you really fixated on how good of a cgi character they were, or were you drawn into their respective roles in Fellowship?  And you can also bring up Gollum, an impressive example of a digital character done well.

I'm gonna see the movie.  I was a fan of the Hulk from when I was a little kid watching the show on CBS, and reading some of the comics, up through the animated series.  I'm going to go into the movie with an open mind, and see what Ang Lee has in store for the moviegoer.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback