Author Topic: TRU - OTC Vehicles - WHERE ARE THE FIGURES  (Read 2876 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
TRU - OTC Vehicles - WHERE ARE THE FIGURES
« on: July 27, 2004, 05:50 PM »
Why in the heck is every TRU in the world getting in a ton of OTC vehicles (Vader's TIE, X-Wing, TIE Fighter) but is seems like none of them are getting in the basic figures?

:P

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: TRU - OTC Vehicles - WHERE ARE THE FIGURES
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2004, 07:25 PM »
Mine has yet to receive even the VOTC figures.

Of course, they have more vehicles and Screen Scenes than you can shake a stick at.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

SilverZ

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2004, 08:29 PM »
All the ones near me are piled high with Saga figures that show no signs of hitting a bin or going on clearance, and the remaining pegs seem dedicated to an unending supply of AOTC Preview Wave figures at full price. I'm sure there's warehouses stockpiling OTC until they clear that crap out, so they can put out OTC after everyone has found them elsewhere. Thanks, TRU!

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2004, 12:16 AM »
yeah, there hasn't been a single sighting of an otc or a votc figure in the toys r us near my house. but they are also stockpiled with the vehicles. and the part that annoys me is that there are actually half empty pegs - of course the figures that are sitting there mostly consist of april 23rd leftovers and potj. seriously. if i had a camera phone, i'd take a picture of it. it's really, really sad.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2004, 10:11 AM »
Nothing but SAGA (primarily Apr. 23rd) figures in my stores. TRU has the Vader's TIE, as well as an X-Wing... but no new figures.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2004, 10:18 AM »
As far as OTC goes, most TRUs around here have Jedi Scene #1, TIE and X-Wing, and Vaders TIE.  

A few of them have had the vOTC figures turn up, but there are still a ton of Saga figures piled up on the pegs... no room for basic OTC unless someone decides they need a bunch of Hoth, HoF, and Jedi Ladies (Aayla/Bariss)figures and buys them up.

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2004, 10:21 AM »
Its much the same here.  There has been more than enough Vader's TIEs sitting around (and I don't know that they are selling much, unless they keep getting new stock).  I have also seen the regular TIE and X-Wing there, although they seem to sell somewhat quicker.  Last time I was at TRU, they had several of the first Council scene...and they did have a case of the first VOTC wave come and go in about a day or so (there was 1 Obi hanging last time I saw).  As far as basic figures....nada.  They had some older Saga figures, as well as some POTJ Bespin Guards for the longest time...and now seem to have restocked with the 2004 Hoth and Tatooine waves, with a sprinkling of Jabba's palace.  Basic OTC figs seem to have come and gone throughout town, saw them a few weeks back at 2 Wal-Marts, that have since sold out.  I guess the repacks seem to be selling too, at least so far.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2004, 10:35 AM »
We have the same up here, Vader's TIE Fighters & X-Wings galore. Not to mention tons of 12" Mace's & Reek's on sale & they still can't get rid of them. Theres also a few Shmi's kicking around.  ::)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2004, 01:57 PM »
Ha, we have Jar-Jars.  Mercifully marked down to $1.96 but they're still hanging on.  Ketwol and Shmi refuse to leave the building as well.  Worse, it seems US Hasbro has shipped some Saga gold cards north, so we have Snowtroopers, Throne Room Luke and others.  Not OTC.  Grrrrr.  
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.