Author Topic: VOTC C-3PO  (Read 3010 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
VOTC C-3PO
« on: July 22, 2004, 03:06 PM »

Anyone as pissed as I am about this figure

I realize it vac-metal again, which is cool and all but...

Vac-Metal plastic doesn't lend itself to being very articulated.  And while the C-3PO costume wasn't very flexible either there are several scenes in the films where Herr 3PO is seen seated

I mean seriously...5 points?  5?  For $10?????  Come on...if there is a let down of 2004 (besides 31 repacks and 6 Cantina Hans) its this figure :(

Light up eyes wouldn't have hurt either

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: VOTC C-3PO
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2004, 03:34 PM »
He looks good, but yeah, 5 POA?  Nope.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2004, 03:47 PM »
I agree, it's irritating.  A removable limbs figure would've been neat...  It IS possible to do articulation on these style figures though.  I at least would've enjoyed knees.  And with howo the knee is designed on the costume, it would've been possible with some ingenuity to do it hidden underneath the can-shaped knee.

The R2 and 3PO both are less "amazing" than the other figures in the line.  Even Old Ben who, I thought, was the suckiest.

Again, I feel it's packaging that's costing, not the figures, but still these figures aren't anything impressive beyond 3PO's nice sculpt.  R2's not even really that impressive as far as sculpt goes though either.  Tough to improve on what they've done with astromechs as it stands.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2004, 09:53 AM »
I was disappointed in the articulation on this figure as well.  I would have been happy with just articulated knees added in though.  I will admit, looking through some of the coverage pictures, the sculpt looks very, very good.  Too bad it wasn't a little better articulated though.

SilverZ

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2004, 12:51 AM »
I'm really shocked they didn't come up with a single reason to justify the purchase of the figure, aside from its packaging. No removable limbs. No articulation. Nada.

All that I see that goes above the normal 3P0's is an extra level of wash over the metal that makes him seem slightly weathered. And that's been done before, too.

Other than the vac-metal, it's not even really better than the Saga Deluxe version. And historically in the line vac-metal is by no means anything other than a standard feature for 3P0. What a waste. I wonder if they realize this is a bit of a stinker, and are holding him for that Wave 2.5 case in hopes of chocking distribution on him to make him "rare".

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2004, 11:34 AM »
I will buy this 3PO of course, but I too was hoping for at least knee articulation so he could sit in an Endor Throne or sit in the Falcon!

As it stands, I'll just stick him next to OTC Lobot and the rest of the gang at Cloud City.

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender