Author Topic: StarWarsShop.com  (Read 77365 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: StarWarsShop.com
« Reply #90 on: March 11, 2004, 02:36 PM »
The letter is a good idea.  I really hope that those of you who got your orders in yesterday morning are able to get everything you wanted.  I personally was not able to get my order in, and I'm really hoping that there are still some Adventure Kermits left whenever they come back online, but its only fair that those who ordered their stuff first yesterday have that opportunity first again as well.  On that subject....does anyone know when the heck they are coming back online?  You would think they would be working 'round the clock to fix whatever bug there was...I was kind of surprised it wasn't back up and running this morning....but then again, I wasn't surprised too I guess :P.

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 11, 2004, 06:05 PM »
I just got this in my mail box:

Dear Customer,
We understand your concern regarding priority on orders of limited quantity
items such as the green trooper bust, vader cinemacast, etc. We are attempting
to come up with a solution that will allow those who purchased such items on
March 10 to retain their priority. We will update you on our progress
shortly.

Sincerely,
Customer Service
StarWarsShop.com

Hopefully they will come up with someway of letting those people in first.

Offline paploo

• Jedi Initiate
  • MORE EWOKS NOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 11, 2004, 06:16 PM »
i feel they should close shop now. they accidentally aloud personal information get to other people. Whether it is there fault or not, i will never trust them with my stuff
The secret of success is to know something nobody else knows-Aristotle Onasis

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #93 on: March 11, 2004, 06:58 PM »
Dear Customer,
We understand your concern regarding priority on orders of limited quantity
items such as the green trooper bust, vader cinemacast, etc. We are attempting
to come up with a solution that will allow those who purchased such items on
March 10 to retain their priority...

Well, that certainly would help matters, and keep them from creating a bigger disaster than they already have.  'Cause if people who snagged exclusives the first time around, aren't able to get the same exclusives if/when they finally re-open, all hell's gonna break loose!  Especially with the GG bust collectors...

But if they want to "do the right thing" here, they will reserve spots for those original people to regain their previously ordered exclusive merchandise.  They'll save themselves a lot of headache if they can at least pull that off.  Kudos to them for at least acknowledging the idea...   8)

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 11, 2004, 07:57 PM »
Well, I just got a personal phone call from the company that handled the credit card portion of the order.  I asked him exactly who he was and he said "we are a partner involved with the processeing of the orders for sw.com".

Anyways, he did state that the site will be back up in the next few days and I will be getting two Jedi movie patches and a $50.00 GC in the mail.

Interesting to say the least....

PS:  I just thought of something...he asked for Beth-which is not my real name (my real name is what is on my credit card).  Hmmmm....I'll have to look at work on my printed slip and see if I put Beth on my shipping address.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2004, 08:10 PM by jadesfire »
Beth

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #95 on: March 11, 2004, 08:09 PM »
Well, I just got a personal phone call from the company that handled the credit card portion of the order.

Yikes.  A personal call to you Beth?  That's a little... weird.  Or is it good?  I'm not really sure, but it's definitely out of the ordinary!  Did they ask for your opinions on anything, or just apologize and mention the free stuff?

For the folks that did place orders, I'd keep a vigilant eye on your credit card transactions for a while, just to be safe!   ;)

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 11, 2004, 08:12 PM »
Just got a phone call as well.  It looks like we won't have the $50.00 gift certificate until after the shop is back up and running.  I guess I will have to find something else to spend the $50.00 on.  I just wanted Kermit, the Greenie, and the Cinemacast Vader.  Unless I get lucky again and just happen to be one of the first to order when it goes back up I will be missing out on the three items I wanted the most.   :(

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 11, 2004, 08:14 PM »
I think it's GREAT customer service.  I do check my card online regularly so it's a concern for sure but I think it will be ok.

He was very upbeat and when I told him he had A LOT of calls to make, he laughed and said it would take a while.

He also said to send sw.com customer service an email about being able to order early to get any of the limited items I originally had.  I figure I might as well, it's not gonna hurt anything.
Beth

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #98 on: March 11, 2004, 09:17 PM »
I also got the phone call about twenty minutes ago.
I asked some questions and the guy on the phone said for any specific questions that I could e-mail customerservice@starwarsshop.com

Great service
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 11, 2004, 09:28 PM »
Yup, got the call as well. Very pleased overall. I emailed the address given to me, and asked about the bust. A lot of people are getting responses along the lines of "We are looking into giving order priority to those who ordered the bust"
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 12, 2004, 01:30 AM »
I haven't gotten a phone call yet that I know of been working alot lately 46 hours this week  ;D.  So hopefully they will call me and get me or end up asking my parents about it since its their house.  

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #101 on: March 12, 2004, 04:07 AM »
I didn't get to check the site, and I'm confused, but they WERE selling cases of SW 3.75" figures at the site?

That's a nice gesture if they were...  May have a new home for case ordering since New Force is hit or miss.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 12, 2004, 09:01 AM »
Wow, some guys are getting emails & phone calls from them. Guess they don't like to phone us Hosers up here!  :-\

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #103 on: March 12, 2004, 09:05 AM »
I didn't get to check the site, and I'm confused, but they WERE selling cases of SW 3.75" figures at the site?

That's a nice gesture if they were...  May have a new home for case ordering since New Force is hit or miss.
Yes...I believe in stock they had the Tatooine and Jabba Wave...they were preordering the VOTC, Dagobah and Yavin Wave cases

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 12, 2004, 10:20 AM »
My wifey advised me they called to confirm the patch and $50 GC.  They confirmed the address, read it off to her.

She was advise to call 866.892.7794 with any questions.

-Fish-