Author Topic: StarWarsShop.com  (Read 77239 times)

SilverZ

Re: StarWarsShop.com
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2004, 03:04 PM »
Wish I could have seen the store. I guess I missed my window of opportunity.  ::) Were the figure cases in stock with current assortments like the Jabba's Palace wave by chance?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2004, 03:11 PM »
They had the Jabba Wave and The Tatooine Wave in stock, the Yavin Wave was ETA'd in March, they also had the Dagobah Wave Up for Preorder, no sign of Bespin, SD or Endor Waves

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2004, 03:46 PM »
Mikey, you want my third Kermit you're welcome to it.  I could still use a clone trooper unleashed in return.  You can just buy it too if you like.  
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Online Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2004, 06:03 PM »
Hmm, I go to the site, yet get told that they are opening soon. ::) Great way to get some business. ::)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2004, 06:50 PM »
So how long was SWS.com actually open for?  An hour or two?  Tops?  I hopped in super fast just to order Dave the bust (which made me get in trouble for being late to work this morning D...   ;))

aww man, you didn't have to do that  :-[ - but i do appreciate it  ;D

i feel bad about making you late for work... but at least i'll have a fun story to tell about my green clone trooper bust  ;)

any idea when they are going to re-open? i wanna check out the crap stuff they have for sale...

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2004, 07:13 PM »
I was killing a few minutes at work before a meeting this morning and must have really lucked out.  They must have just opened the site up for business (this was around 9:15 ET) because I didn't encounter any glitches, slow transfers, or congestion whatsoever.  I was able to get in, get out, and get what I wanted (Indy Kermit) with no problems whatsoever.  Then again, I was hoping to go back and browse around, but the site was down by the time I got home from work.  You'd think Hasbro was the group behind this, what with the underestimating demand and all.   :P

One thing I was curious about was the shipping rates and what shipper they will use.  I was charged 4.95 for the Kermit to be shipped, and in my confirmation email it said I would be sent a tracking number once it went out.  But, like an idiot, I forgot to see who would be shipping it.  If it is USPS, I'm really worried, since they've already lost my power bill this week...please let it be UPS, let it be UPS. ;D

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2004, 07:28 PM »
I was killing a few minutes at work before a meeting this morning and must have really lucked out.  They must have just opened the site up for business (this was around 9:15 ET)

are you sure it was that early? because i went there at about 9:30am and it wasn't open yet. this was right before i sent a pm to jedimac asking him to pick something up for me, which made him late for work  :P

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2004, 07:36 PM »
It was online at around 9:30 Eastern, I had ordered by the time I posted at 9:35 AM

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2004, 07:48 PM »
are you sure it was that early? because i went there at about 9:30am and it wasn't open yet. this was right before i sent a pm to jedimac asking him to pick something up for me, which made him late for work  :P

I got your PM at 9:26am EST, Dave.  Perhaps you never really did check the site, and made me late for work for nuthin'!   :-*   ;D

It was online at around 9:30 Eastern, I had ordered by the time I posted at 9:35 AM

Or maybe you just missed it by a few minutes Dave...  Either way, I was late for work!   :-X  And you're gonna get FREE goodies on top of it!   >:(   ;)  But at least I don't have to ship it to you...   8)

Hopefully me snagging this Clone Sargent bust for ya' will make up for the fact that it's highly doubtful I can score you the Pilot bust in a couple weeks at WWLA (since you're third in my line)!   :-*
« Last Edit: March 10, 2004, 07:50 PM by JediMAC »

Offline paploo

• Jedi Initiate
  • MORE EWOKS NOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2004, 07:55 PM »
its not working for me now at 8:00pm est
The secret of success is to know something nobody else knows-Aristotle Onasis

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2004, 09:24 PM »
Hopefully me snagging this Clone Sargent bust for ya' will make up for the fact that it's highly doubtful I can score you the Pilot bust in a couple weeks at WWLA (since you're third in my line)!   :-*

:'(

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2004, 09:57 PM »
I feel as though I am the only one that did not buy a bust or Kermit.  Anyhoot, I picked up the Clone Wars Postcard Set.  I was debating on it, but for the free patches and promo cards, the deal seems o.k.

Did anyone notice it looked like there were two promo offers.  One had a clone closeup that I could not get in my shopping cart.

Congrats, to all who got what they were hoping for.  Sounds like early birds got the worms.

-Fish-

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2004, 10:42 PM »
are you sure it was that early? because i went there at about 9:30am and it wasn't open yet.

If it wasn't at 9:15, it was within a few (ten at most) minutes of that.  I had to run off the floor to talk to a patient at 9:30 and I placed the order for Kermit shortly before that.  I literally placed the order, grabbed some papers, and ran out the door to the elevator.  

I still can't believe that the site was up for that short a period of time; what's more unbelievable is that people continue to underestimate the popularity of Star Wars.  I know that a lot of people think it's not cool anymore, but there is still a really sizeable fanbase and one that is defintely large enough to warrant a little more bandwidth than what was allotted this morning.

Anyone get an estimate of how long it would take them to actually ship the orders that got through?  Again, that was something I was planning on double-checking when I got home, but we all know how that plan went out the window. ::)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2004, 10:44 PM »
I read somewhere (scum I think) that people's cards have already been charged, I'm guessing stuff might come by next week ;D

SilverZ

« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2004, 11:39 PM »
Well, it's still down. Some shopping experience, in my perspective. Wonderful first impression. Not interested in anything other than maybe a casepack of figures. Oh well. Being "official" doesn't give them a get out of jail free card for my business. I'll be patient and wait for EE to get theirs.