Author Topic: StarWarsShop.com  (Read 76942 times)

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
Re: StarWarsShop.com
« Reply #60 on: March 10, 2004, 11:52 PM »
I really hope the site opens soon!!!!

I haven't even seen it yet! :-[
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2004, 01:39 AM »
Bad News  :'(
"Message to Star Wars Fans and StarWarsShop.Com Customers
Shortly after our new StarWarsShop.com opened Wednesday morning March 10, we received emails from several customers indicating that some transactional information on individuals’ orders had been transmitted to others. We immediately shut down the shop, because security of information on orders sent by our fans is our top priority.

Our eCommerce partner, Analysts International, has assured us that no one’s personal credit card information was compromised.

We are very sorry–and surprised–that this problem occurred. We are working closely with Analysts International, which is responsible for handling the transactions on the site, to find out how this could have happened. We won’t reopen StarWarsShop.com until we are certain that this issue has been resolved.

As a result of the situation, we will not be processing any of the transactions placed Wednesday morning. You will need to place your order again when the shop reopens. All customers who placed an order before the site was taken down will be mailed a free set of Jedi movie patches and a $50 gift certificate to use for Star Wars merchandise on the site. We will give the entire Star Wars community sufficient notice before we relaunch the site.

Again, we apologize for the current situation and promise to keep you updated. We know that Star Wars fans want–and deserve–the very best, and we will continue to strive to ensure that our high standards are met."

This sucks since I had got both of the orders for the CLone Bust and now I have to re-order.  With them giving us sufficient notice means we fans will be waiting and crashing the site on that day.
"
The only good news will be that $50 gift card, I wonder if I get two since I had two orders.  

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #62 on: March 11, 2004, 01:44 AM »
What are they, novices?

It's not like the LFL has problems taking people's money... ::)

Don't mind me. I'm just sore cause I missed Indy Kermit. I guess it's just as well, I owe jokabofe and Doctor Padawan anyway.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline SiteC

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • SiteC's Figure Collection Page
« Reply #63 on: March 11, 2004, 01:44 AM »
Total BS.

Absolute, total, B.  S.

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 11, 2004, 03:11 AM »
Hmmmm, wonder how many people are out there with our credit card #'s going hog wild?  

"Our eCommerce partner, Analysts International, has assured us that no one’s personal credit card information was compromised."

If this were the case then why is there an issue?   ::)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #65 on: March 11, 2004, 03:31 AM »
Completely and totally pathetic.   >:(

Unbelievable...  What I can't figure out for the damned life of me, is why not a single online e-tailer can EVER manage to handle Star Wars exclusives properly, especially upon initial release.  There's ALWAYS a problem with site's crashing, order processing, availability, etc, etc, etc...

I'm really not all that surprised with this news, due to all the previous screwups by everyone else.  Considering this is the Official Site's gig though, I thought they may stand a slightly better chance of getting it right.  Guess not.  Fools.   ::)

Unbelievable that they're CANCELING everyone's orders from this morning.  Absolutely unbelievable...

So now I was late to work for nothing!   :-\  Damned clowns.

SilverZ

« Reply #66 on: March 11, 2004, 04:41 AM »
But aren't you guys getting a $50.00 gift certificate for the trouble? That's pretty generous and almost worth the hassle, isn't it? That's of course coming from me who was sound asleep during the whole fiasco.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #67 on: March 11, 2004, 05:42 AM »
The $50 is nice, but by now you have to figure these people know how to run an online store.  I didn't order anything myself, but I feel for the folks who did.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 11, 2004, 07:01 AM »
Mikey, you want my third Kermit you're welcome to it.  I could still use a clone trooper unleashed in return.  You can just buy it too if you like.  

From what I hear, everyone's ordered got cancelled.  If you're still planning on ordering when (and if) the site is re-opened, I'm game.  CT Unleashed works for me.  Let me know.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 11, 2004, 08:46 AM »
Well like they mentioned, you get a $50. gift certificate & the free set of Jedi movie patches. That gift certificate will come in handy for Kermit! Maybe I can bump my order up to 3 of them!  ;) That depends when they get back online!  :-\

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #70 on: March 11, 2004, 09:00 AM »
I ordered twice, I wonder if I'll get two gift certificates?  I am also wondering if I should take a chance and order some figures by the case

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 11, 2004, 09:40 AM »
Bummer about my order being cancelled but with a $50.00 gift certificate to spend to entice me back, obviously I will try it again and I get the patches to boot.

Two ways to look at this and I've decided to go positive.  I'll try again and hope for the best.  

Beth

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 11, 2004, 10:01 AM »
Definitely not a stellar debut for the store.  I didn't get in quite in time to place an order (was hoping to get a Kermit as well), but I guess it works out ok.  It really stinks that those of you who got orders in got them cancelled, but the $50 gift certificate makes up for it I think.  Hopefully no pertinent credit card information or anything like that leaked out, otherwise, things should be ok.  Plus, it sounds like you are guaranteed to get those patches too.  I hope every still is able to get what they wanted, but I will give the store credit for trying to make things right with the GC.  Some places would just say "tough" and "order again".  Good luck to everyone who did place orders though, hope it all works out and you still end up getting what you wanted.

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 11, 2004, 10:32 AM »
I ordered twice, I wonder if I'll get two gift certificates?  I am also wondering if I should take a chance and order some figures by the case
I in the same boat with having two orders so hopefully there do give the $50 GC per order since it would be a nice thing to do.  
The problem that I have with this whole thing is that now the chances of me or anyone who had a Clone in thier hands (some people's CC had been charged) now have to try and re-order it but the chances will be harder since everyone and they mother will know when the store opens up again.  I still don't get why they had to cancel all orders (especially if you have an Email conf. letter).  They should let those who ordered in the store first and only let them buy what they had orginally ordered.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 11, 2004, 10:38 AM »
Mikey, you want my third Kermit you're welcome to it.  I could still use a clone trooper unleashed in return.  You can just buy it too if you like.  

From what I hear, everyone's ordered got cancelled.  If you're still planning on ordering when (and if) the site is re-opened, I'm game.  CT Unleashed works for me.  Let me know.

This is depressing news in one sense.  The GC on the other  hand is a nice touch and I still get my patches.  Not so keen on the having to reorder again.  I'm not sure I understand why?  The information should be present in their files, so why not honor those files?  Any damage with credit cards has been done already, so why the cancellations? ??? :-\

Anyhoo, Mikey, yep, I'll order three again, whenever they open.  I just hate having to find out when that's going to happen, given my job doesn't allow me to sit at a computer all the time, so I may now miss out.  

I guess I'm back in the same boat as previously.  Need a couple of clone trooper busts and 3 kermits :-\

That GC is going to make my order of the vinty style figures positively affordable.   :)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.