Author Topic: StarWarsShop.com  (Read 76950 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: StarWarsShop.com
« Reply #420 on: August 3, 2004, 09:30 PM »
Three words, folks: Better. Business. Bureau.

I haven't ordered a Sandtrooper, therefore I have no legs to stand on, but those words are something you who ordered them should think about. :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: August 3, 2004, 10:20 PM »
Three words, folks: Better. Business. Bureau.

I haven't ordered a Sandtrooper, therefore I have no legs to stand on, but those words are something you who ordered them should think about. :)
I will end up sending the BBB a compliant once I see what happens to my replacements.  After they arrive I will notify the BBB about the hassle of this company.

I also don't buy the whole will its not our fault they came like that.  The reason why I don't buy it is that all of the figures I have seen and heard about are mostly jamed into a small box which causes it to bend.  The damage bubbles maybe but for a figure to come out of a Hasbro case bent in the same areaa it would be if you but it into a tight box seems kind of strange to me.  
« Last Edit: August 3, 2004, 10:31 PM by Darth Kenobi »

Offline Stim

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: August 9, 2004, 08:36 PM »
Well, still no sign of my replacement Silver Sandtrooper figures...but I received my Revenge of the Sith T-Shirt today!  So much for shipping on the 23rd!  So I guess you win some you lose some...

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: August 9, 2004, 08:54 PM »
Fedex redeleviered my figure to me.  I'm trying to sell it here but don't think I should since  I will lose money (Shipping and tax).  I may email Starwarssshop ans talk to them about it.  

Offline Stim

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: August 10, 2004, 10:21 PM »
Well, I received my two "replacement" Silver Sandtroopers today...and they are just as bent as the original ones I received.  

These were packed better -- those air cushion things -- and in a bigger box, but still no bubble wrap.  All the corners were folded and creased.  I'm not even 100% sure the damage happened in shipping...I think they may have just sent me damaged figures to start with.  

I guess these guys really don't want to keep me as a customer.  I think I have no choice but to just ask for a refund and head to ebay.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2004, 10:21 PM by Stim »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #425 on: August 13, 2004, 02:37 PM »
Those of you who have the language filter thingy turned off may want to reread my post on page 27

http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=3914.390

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: August 20, 2004, 04:50 PM »
And speaking of taking it up the pooper....

I just emailed (again) to ask about the status of my gift certificate.  Yup, the one from March 10 (at least it was 2004).  I had to wait to check my credit card bills, but all orders have been filled and they never did credit any of my purchases with the $50 that they were requested to. 

So,
1. anyone wanna bet my gift certificate no longer exists and I am out of luck?  or

2. offer suggestions of a bulletproof plan to
a. get something from them that I actually order or
b. get something they can't completely **** up the packing on. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: August 20, 2004, 05:13 PM »
The odyse if my silver Sandtrooper is finally over.  I emailed them about a week ago telling them FedEX re-delivered my package to me instead of them.  They said they would resend FedEX to pick it up sometime, no date or time giving.  I figure that it would be sometime over the weekend and someone would be home since I was going to Vegas with my brothers.  Our plans changed due to a death in the family and we all have to go up to NoCal for the weekend.  When I got back I figured FedEx came by but no one was home.  I emailed them again and got a response within a few hours that said they are sending me out another Trooper and that I could keep the other one for all the toubles that I have had.  TOday I finally recieved the mint Trooper so now I have three since my cousin got me one at Comic Con.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
StarWarsShop.com "Sale"
« Reply #428 on: August 23, 2004, 11:42 AM »
Well, SWShop.com is now selling individual action figures... and the prices suck.

Take for instance Saga Skiff Guard Lando.  He is on sale for 30% off the list price.  His sale price?  $6.99  :o  yep, that's 30% off their list price of $9.99

Or how about the Ultra Ewok w/Gilder?  Only $10.99, that's 27% off the list price of $14.99   ::)

*cough*ripoff*cough*

>:(

I hate that place more and more.

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: August 23, 2004, 05:52 PM »
Are they associated with Brian's Toys or something?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: August 23, 2004, 05:59 PM »
Are they associated with Brian's Toys or something?

No s*it.  They are always a last resort on new stuff although some of there vintage is not too bad.  Unfortuneately, since they have grown so much over the years, their grading and customer service has declined. 

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #431 on: August 23, 2004, 09:55 PM »
Oh dude, I'm so stoked we can shut off the language filter now.

Yeah, I had no idea we could until now.

Um, SWS.com sucks.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: August 23, 2004, 10:00 PM »
So how much is that Holo Emperor going to cost again? And how much will SWS jack up the price? And how much will it be damaged?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: August 23, 2004, 10:48 PM »
So how much is that Holo Emperor going to cost again? And how much will SWS jack up the price? And how much will it be damaged?

My guess?  $11.99.  Getting the opener will be easy, the card will be tough.  Hopefully there'll be some obscure convention where someone can pick them up in person.   

Still waiting on a response on my GC. 

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: August 26, 2004, 11:07 PM »
Thought it might be timely to update it. 

Christine is a human being, not a machine.  They/she went so far as to call me to apologize.  My credit card was credited with the gift certificate amount.  According to Christine, it was entered and their records show that, but was never credited in the process.  Yes, another glitch in the system ::)

I did inform her it was rather unlikely I would order anything but exclusives from them, ever again, to which she responded (politely) she had been hearing that a fair bit.  I got the impression she is a little more stressed than she'd like. 

Regardless, my issues with them are closed, satisfactorily.