Author Topic: StarWarsShop.com  (Read 76962 times)

SilverZ

Re: StarWarsShop.com
« Reply #480 on: November 13, 2004, 02:29 AM »
Got my replacement yesterday, checked it out today... and it's OK. Phew! So that was about a 6 day turnaround from my mailbox to a new one. Not too shabby. Packed exactly the same, but this time without some smashing being done to the inner tube at SWS. Makes all the difference.  ::) But I have a good poster now so they are off my ****list for the moment.

Funny little side note, my friend had his 3oth birthday party last night and his girlfriend threw him a Star Wars party, complete with circa-1980 ESB tablecloths and party favors. I used the damaged ROTS poster as wrapping paper for his present.  :)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #481 on: November 25, 2004, 12:14 AM »
I surprisingly have some good news to report on these guys today...

Just got my GG Chrome Vader bust (along with it's respective delivery confirmation e-mail) today.  The box was in good shape at least, so that was a good sign.  It's got "Please Handle With Care - Fragile" stickers on it, and the bust was double wrapped in bubble wrap, with a construction paper type of material filling in all the gaps.  Pretty well packed overall.

Opened it up, and everything looks to be just perfect.  So score one for SWS.com (for once)!   8)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: November 25, 2004, 02:31 AM »
My busts were shipped very nicely as well.  I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say that they are learning from their mistakes.  You can see that these were pretty safe in the bubble wrap and styrofoam pieces.  Two thumbs up here!   :D

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: November 25, 2004, 02:34 AM »
Yeah, they get on "streaks" where stuff gets shipped by the smart people, and then there are streaks where stuff gets shipped by the monkeys. And believe me, I've gotten packages from both. And the monkeys can't pack for ****.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #484 on: November 25, 2004, 02:36 AM »
Wow, you even got styrofoam peanuts Jesse?!?   :o  That's not fair!  I just got paper (and bubble wrap).

Oh well, let's hear it for the monkets!  Job well done, for once...   8)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: November 25, 2004, 02:40 AM »
Yeah, my Vader will probably come in an empty box, and be crushed to bits. Although I will admit that they shipped Jango pretty well packed. But that was a few weeks ago, and I'm sure the monkeys packed my Vader bust today, not the intelligent person who packed Jango. I think this next shipment is the "bad" one, since it seems to go good, bad, good, bad, good, bad, etc when I order from them. Trilogy DVD Banner - good. Episode 3 Teaser poster - bad. Chrome Jango bust - good. Chrome Vader bust - bad.  :'(

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #486 on: July 27, 2006, 02:09 PM »
So I just signed up to StarWarsShop.com and I'm already lacking faith in their customer service abilities. I went to order the Republic Commando/Lucas Family combo set and noticed I was charged $2 more for shipping than what is stated on their FAQ. I then went to order the Kir Kanos 2pack and Shadow Stormtrooper and again I noticed the shipping charge was $2 more than indicated. I made a few other sample order attempts and everyone had a higher than listed shipping charge.

I've sent a couple of inquiries to SWShop but have yet to get a response.  The stated shipping charges can be seen Here, and while I know charges can be subject to change, it seems a bit fishy that there is no listing of change nor a response.

Has anyone else noticed higher than listed shipping charges when ordering, or has this just slipped on by?
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #487 on: July 27, 2006, 02:17 PM »
I didn't notice it until now. I'll be interested to see the response you get as I purchase from them all the time and have probably been getting screwed as well.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: July 31, 2006, 07:58 PM »
I didn't notice it until now. I'll be interested to see the response you get as I purchase from them all the time and have probably been getting screwed as well.

Well unfortunately, I've yet to get a response. I came across this phone number... Lucasfilm Online Customer Management - 1-415-623-1000 so after several email attempts I'm trying this instead. We'll see what they have to say for themselves as it could be a huge issue where they are overcharging tons of people on shipping.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: August 11, 2006, 08:20 PM »
Well calling the phone number wasn't much help, I was constantly re-directed to someone's desk phone and only got their voicemail. No messages were returned. I did get a response almost 2 weeks later from one of my emails saying they have corrected the shipping charge error. But that wasn't to my order, as they haven't been fixed, so they must have fixed whatever software glitch they were having that caused all of the overcharging. I've asked them to fix my orders, but still no word back from them. If you've ordered from SWShop lately, I'd check to see if you've been overcharged on shipping and have them fix it.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: August 20, 2006, 12:29 PM »
Thought I'd give an update. SWShop did fix their shipping charges for new orders. I discovered this by placing new orders for the same items I had already ordered and the shipping rates were appropriate for the total costs of the items. However, my initial orders have not been been fixed and you can't cancel orders without contacting Customer Service, so I can't even place new orders and cancel the old ones. Quite frustrating, this is looking to be the only time I'll ever be ordering from SWShop.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: August 26, 2006, 05:39 PM »
Well after a half dozen emails and several un-returned phone calls, SWShop finally fixed the shipping charges on my order. I don't know if it was my last email indicating I had almost no confidence in their service, but it took them well over a month to get it done. Suffice to say, I'll only be making future orders with SWShop if it's absolutely necessary.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #492 on: July 15, 2011, 04:56 PM »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #493 on: July 15, 2011, 05:04 PM »
RIP StarWarsShop.com

Nice of them to do so right before SDCC.  ::)
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #494 on: July 15, 2011, 05:32 PM »
Hopefully Hasbro Toy Shop steps up to the plate on all the future exclusives.

SWS was so grossly overpriced generally, I can't say I'm totally shocked, but it was a nice outlet for the exclusive stuff.  So it'll be missed, yet at the same time it'll be forgotten quickly for a lot of other stuff.  It's like the Kay-Bee of online only sales.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77