Author Topic: Religion / Politics  (Read 1075 times)

Offline Chewy˛

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Religion / Politics
« on: April 6, 2005, 03:39 AM »
Now that we're free ..., I felt the strong urge to start this thread.  I don't really have anything to contribute to it but just the freedom to post it feels GREAT.  We are allowed, correct?

Hi btw.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Religion / Politics
« Reply #1 on: April 6, 2005, 04:44 AM »
Actually, no, it's not ok here...

We (the staff) made a conscious decision some time ago after much behind-the-scenes discussion to NOT allow War/Politics/Religious debate, long before Rebelscum did actually, and we've been sticking by that. 

I took the heat for it at the time, and I'll take the heat for the decision today to lock this as well, as it was my idea to just disallow it in the first place.  Any questions you have can be directed towards me in PM if you'd like, but I felt too much anymosity spilled OUT of that kind of discussion for our boards...  It's something they say not to bring up on a first date, or a business luncheon/dinner and I tend to agree with the notion that, if you want to keep your friends who maybe don't always agree with your POV on major things going on in the world, arguing about it on a Star Wars forum tends to be a bad thing for the forum in general.

Sorry guys, locked up.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77