Author Topic: Can you limit profiles?  (Read 2469 times)

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
Can you limit profiles?
« on: March 11, 2004, 09:42 PM »
I have a question. Is it possible to limit the number of profiles a person can have on Jedi Defender? I ask this because I have seen lots of people here (or maybe it is just one person who is doing this) who just want to fly off on the handle about a topic, to someone, ect. They create a new profile just for that one remark which I find to be a waste.

I know when I was at another forum long ago that they limited your computer to two profiles no matter how many e-mails accounts that you may have. I think they tracked your CPU ID.

I think it is time that there be some cracking down on those people who abuse the forums just to say something with a new profile never to use it again.

I have always thought that if you want to say something then say it. Come on! Tell me what people are so afraid of? If someone has something to say then say it. Do not try to hide behind a false name in order to protect yourself.
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Can you limit profiles?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2004, 09:47 PM »
David, we can only limit registration by e-mail addresses. I can ban by any IP, any e-mail, and any username. Currently, we are not able to limit in any other way and I am not sure that any other forum software offers something better. Be sure though, that we will keep any situation under control. The JD staff is quite aware of any situation in our forums and will promptly have the problem taken care of.