Author Topic: I'm getting a tattoo, need help  (Read 3781 times)

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
I'm getting a tattoo, need help
« on: July 19, 2003, 09:09 AM »
Hopefully somebody could help me out, but I had this idea for a tattoo to get across my back that was somewhat cryptic and at the same time meaningful to anyone who could read it.

I'm thinking about getting the first line of musical score of a Led Zeppelin song tattoo'd across my back... As it is I can't read music, but my dad's a friend of the Musical director here at the UofA and I'm thinking he could check over the line and make sure it sounded/looked right.

Do yall think that's original and awesome? All my friends that I've asked think its just awesome and a great idea, but, I wanna know everyone's opinion.

BTW- I haven't decided on which song.

Offline paploo

• Jedi Initiate
  • MORE EWOKS NOW
    • View Profile
Re: I'm getting a tattoo, need help
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2003, 02:22 PM »
i have a tattoo that i got when i was 18, and now that i am 26 and in the business field, i really need to pay close attention to what i wear so it is not readily seen. Think twice...if you do decide to get one, you should get something special to you, it is a cool idea for the music, but if you cant read it, then it is not something special to you. Think about it for a long time, it isnt cheap to get them removed
The secret of success is to know something nobody else knows-Aristotle Onasis

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2003, 03:52 PM »
A tattoo is for life. I have two tats on mybody so far. A Great White Shark on my ankle and a Tribal Geckp on my back. I have been pondering of getting anoter one, maybe Jar Jar Binks. :)

I say if you want it enough then get it. But think about it first. It is for life. I am happy that I have my two tats. They are meaningful to me.
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline Lemon-Viper

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mudhole? Slimy? My home this is.
    • View Profile
    • Son of Bob.homestead.com
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2003, 11:50 AM »
I've got a tatoo on my upper left arm.  I'm also planning on getting more.  I think it's a great idea to get a tatoo in a place easily covered by clothes(like your back).  Make sure you're getting the tatoo for the right reason, and check out several tatoo shops in your area to make sure the artist has done high quality work in the past.  

Most artists I've visited with have had a large binder full of pictures of their finished works.  Check these out and pick your tatoo artist.  Also ask around about different artists from people you know that have tatoos by shops in the local area.  It's also usefull to bring a pic of the tatoo you want so that you can get an estimate for the job.  I've had 5 different estimates from 5 different artists for the same drawing...
Stressed out?  Poop.  It'll make you feel better.

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2003, 12:25 PM »
Yep make sure the one you settle on is a good pick for you and not a current whim. To many people do that. My friend ran a tattoo shop a few years back. I have 4 and 2 are 3 are military related.  Here are picks of 2 of them

« Last Edit: July 30, 2003, 01:17 PM by Reconsgt »
Wayne Roberts or you can call me Sarge

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2003, 05:30 PM »
Those are pretty cool tattoos there Wayne!
dustrho

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2003, 06:13 PM »
Very cool, Wayne...

I'm still thinkin about gettin the line, but I really don't know where I'd put it, what kind of size I want... I was thinking somethng really subtle, but placement is everything, ya know.  :-\

Offline Karma

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2003, 08:48 AM »
May I suggest starting off small for your first tattoo, and maybe placing it where you don't need to worry about future dress codes...? This way you can also find out if you like the idea of being inked and want further work done....

I've got 6 tats so far...I started small and inconspicuous as I didn't know where I'd wind up in the career field. These days I pretty much know I will never wear a suit to a job and my art has gotten bigger.

Next up is some kind of SW-related tattoo but I am waiting until after Ep3 to get it. That way I've the whole SW saga to choose from.   ;D

Offline Playgirl

• Jedi Initiate
  • Slice and DICE
    • View Profile
Tattoo?
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2004, 04:07 AM »
If i was going to get a tattoo, where and what should it be????  If i'm really bored this summer i'll probably go and get one.

Bang shot you.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Re: Tattoo?
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2004, 05:25 AM »
Be original.

Bang, I shot back!  >:(

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2004, 11:51 AM »
Well, actually...get a bullet hole tatood on you. Haha!

*uses Brad as a human sheild*

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2004, 02:32 PM »
Why not get a W on either Butt cheek, so when you moon people, its says "WoW"?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2004, 02:56 PM »
A tattoo of this guy would certainly be unique

Binders full of astromechs...

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2004, 04:46 PM »
If i was going to get a tattoo, where and what should it be????  If i'm really bored this summer i'll probably go and get one.

Bang shot you.

If it's your first tatoo regardless of what people say, it hurts!  Especially if you are going to get shading done.  Also, keep in mind it cost much more money to get one removed.

Maybe Kevin and Brad will get theirs done with their suggestions first?  Fellas?

-Fish-

Offline paploo

• Jedi Initiate
  • MORE EWOKS NOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2004, 05:45 PM »
i have the road runner on my arm, i got it when i was 18. My friend owned a tattoo shop and i didnt have to pay. I am 26 now, and i wish i never got one. Not because of the content, but because now that i have a real job, i have to make sure it can not be seen.

if you are going to get one, get something that is important to you. Something that in 10 years you wont look at it and go, what an idiot i was.
for example a tattoo on your butt of a sign that says "do not enter exit only"
The secret of success is to know something nobody else knows-Aristotle Onasis