Author Topic: I'm getting a tattoo, need help  (Read 3817 times)

Offline Playgirl

• Jedi Initiate
  • Slice and DICE
    • View Profile
Re: Tattoo?
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2004, 08:00 PM »
being original isnt my thing. now kicking ass is my thing!

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2004, 08:01 PM »
Well... I've been thinking about getting a Cobra logo (red ink), or an Imperial logo (black ink), or a celtic rune/cross (black ink), a little crow (white ink), etc, etc... I've got a ton of ideas for myself, but I'm in no rush.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2004, 10:15 AM »
Barcode on the back of your neck.

Or maybe some design on the small of your back...something that kicks ass, of course. Maybe the Mandalorian skull?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2004, 10:16 AM by LandotheScoundrel »
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2004, 10:35 AM »
My first advice is to wait until you're 18.  Tatoo parlors don't let anyone under age get one unless you have a note from your parents. (This may not be an issue this summer, I don't know when your BD is)

Secondly, being bored is not really a good reason to get a tatoo.  You run the risk of not liking what you get or worse, having thoughts like "I'll always get it removed later".  

It took me years to finally decide what I wanted for my first one and then two years later got my second.  That was four years ago and I'm still at two.  I've been having serious thoughts of getting another, but have been debating what to get.

I guess what I'm saying is seriously think about it and make sure it's something you really want to do.  I know tatoos are the "cool" thing to do nowadays, but there's nothing worse than a tatoo you hate.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Playgirl

• Jedi Initiate
  • Slice and DICE
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2004, 01:38 PM »
leave it to lando to come up with the most ass kicking ideas.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2004, 02:11 PM »

if you are going to get one, get something that is important to you. Something that in 10 years you wont look at it and go, what an idiot i was.

And that's precisely why I never got one.  I cannot think of a thing that a) I can guarantee will be meaningful in 10 years or b) something that is suitably original and not done to death

I've been a Star Wars fan for a long time, but there's no originality to be had there.  I've been a spiderman fan for even longer.  Ditto.  I loved the logo from one of the Valiant comics (who?).  

I daresay that the most original thing out there is to not have a tatoo at all.  

I've seen the barcode on the back of the neck.  A tad cynical, IMO, though not necessarily wholly inaccurate ;)  Funny things happen between 20 and 40.  The best laid plans.... :-*
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.