Author Topic: jokabofe's collection updated 4/23 - new pics in last post  (Read 10252 times)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Fooling around with my digital camera for a bit today, took a few pics of some of the stuff I have laying around the house. Not sure if I'll ever be "done" with my collection, 'cause I always seem to be moving certain things from place to place as I run out of room for certain parts of the collection. Most of these pics are from my back room, where I have my carded/loose figure collection. Click on the thumnails for larger versions.

First wall - carded POTF2 orange/green/shadows/expanded universe/freeze frame figures, and 3 cases of loose vintage:

I actually took a shot of the other 2 walls, which have my Episode 1/POTJ/Saga/OTC/VOTC figures on them, as well as another 10 of those cases housing my loose modern collection, but they came out way too dark. I'll have to try and take them tomorrow, maybe when the sun is up if I open the window a little and get some natural light to shine in they will come out a little better.

Closeups of the three loose vintage cases. The background logos were made by scanning some vintage cardbacks at high resolution, then breaking each image into 4 equal pieces so that they could be printed on my printer, and putting them back together on the background. My loose collection isn't 100% complete, but most of the figures are in great shape and have 99% original weapons. FAQ: No, that isn't a real rocket firing Boba Fett proto, I purchased that from Ryan (Bantha5) over at the RS forums - and it's great work. And No, that's not a real vinyl Cape Jawa - just a custom job I did a few years ago.

A few of my "exclusive" carded POTF2 figures - Toy Fair Vader, Silver Sandtrooper/Clone Trooper/Boba Fett/Darth Vader/R2-D2, Autographed Boba Fett, and Luke Jedi w/Brown vest, and then in the second pic: Darth Vader w/Luke Face Reveal Sticker (thanks Dale!!), Jorg Sacul, and Theater Edition Luke Jedi.

A few Clone Wars Prototype figures - Arc Trooper, Super Posable Clone, Obi-Wan, SaeSee Tiin, and Durge:

A shot of my Custom corner (in the back of my collection room) and my Toys R Us Episode 2 banner:

And a few new shots of my current Gentle Giant bust collection:

Whew. That's a lot of pictures, and a lot of updates. Enough for today. Maybe more tomorrow :)

OK, a few more pics of some various crap:

Action Fleet collection:

Imperial Army:

(just noticed that one of my ****** friends must have knocked down some of my troops. what a bunch of ********)

A few autographed pics:

I'm also a sucker for some Warner Brothers fine art. First is an Animaniacs storyboard autographed by the three voice actors, then a Marvin the Martian sericel, and finally one of my all time favorite pieces - a Marvin the Martian and K-9 watercolor print:

Above the watercolor I have a long shelf with some model kits and various other crap:

Then I have my book collection - or at least a part of it - and some other crap that sits on top of those bookcases and on the shelves in front of the books:

I also have a small Alien collection consisting mostly of busts, model kits and McFarlane stuff - along with the old Kenner 18" Alien missing his head dome :( :

And then my DVD/CD wall:

Well, that's enough for today.... enjoy!!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2006, 12:05 AM by jokabofe »

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: jokabofe's collection updated 3/15
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2004, 01:15 PM »
Very nice bust display.  It looks classy how you have them displayed.  Thanks for sharing.

-Fish-

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: jokabofe's collection updated 3/16
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2004, 12:43 AM »
thanks fish... i wish gg would hurry up and make some more so i could fill up those shelves a little better. and if i could get my hands on that damn blue clone  ::)

updated with some more pics of my collection rooms. yes, i said rooms... when you live alone it's not a problem to have toys displayed in every room of your house...  ;D

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2004, 09:30 AM »
Very nice collection. Nice to have all that room to display them.  8)

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2004, 07:24 PM »
I love your Imperial army setup you have there Dave.  Very, very nice!   ;D
dustrho

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2004, 01:34 AM »
Neato. Wish I had as much room as you guys do.  ;)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: jokabofe's collection updated 11/20
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2004, 12:02 AM »
Updated with some new pics of my collection taken today. Lots more to come, but I was fooling around with the digital camera today and took these. Hopefully I'll take a few more tomorrow.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2004, 12:22 AM »
Very nice Dave, that Vader with face reveal sticker looks familiar.   ;)

Nice collection.  :)

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2004, 12:22 AM »
hey dave, a really nice setup you got going, the modern cards on the wall look surprisingly cool despite their generic design. I especially like the vintage cases, i think you pointed them out to me before, they are definitely something i would want in the future. and hey I see the speeder bikes we were talking about the other nite! cool stuff for sure.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2004, 11:30 PM »
Thanks Jason - I'm going to try and get some better pics of those bikes I was talking about with you, but not sure when. I still want to do a little weathering and stuff to them as well, so it might be a while :)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2004, 03:44 PM »
Nice collection Dave, really set up well too.  I was curious, do you know where you got those wooden cases (with glass fronts) that your vintage and modern loose figures are stored in?  I have been looking into getting something like that, at least some day, and those look really nice.

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2004, 04:06 PM »
I think you need to expand your collection a bit jokabofe.  Doesn't look like you have very much stuff.   :P

Looking forward to seeing the rest of the walls!  Nice work.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2004, 07:56 PM »
Nice collection Dave, really set up well too.  I was curious, do you know where you got those wooden cases (with glass fronts) that your vintage and modern loose figures are stored in?  I have been looking into getting something like that, at least some day, and those look really nice.

Thanks Brian. Those cases came from Ikea, they are CD storage racks, and they were like $20 each. Pain in the neck putting them all together - I had to get 13 of them. But they were cheap, and they had glass doors - which were the main 2 features I was looking for.

Now my big problem is that I have absolutely 0% space left on any of the walls, or in any of the loose cases. And with the ROTS figure explosion about to happen, where the hell am I going to put all of this stuff? I guess it's time to expand to another room?

I think you need to expand your collection a bit jokabofe. Doesn't look like you have very much stuff. :P

Looking forward to seeing the rest of the walls! Nice work.

Yeah, I know, not too much there really. I do have a few other items to photograph, but that stuff is probably going to have to wait. The back room (my collection room) is also my storage room, and with the holidays approaching, it functions more as a storage room than anything else. So now I have a bunch of boxes stacked up in there, in the middle of everything. But that's just for now, by the beginning of the year I'll find somewhere else to stash all that stuff and hopefully snap a few more pics.

Thanks for the comments guys :)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2004, 01:31 AM »
added a few more shots to the collection....

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: jokabofe's collection updated 11/25
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2004, 02:06 AM »

Just out of curiosity, have you ever counted the number of troopers you've got there?  I was just blown away by that pic.