Author Topic: E-mail from Amazon.com  (Read 3129 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
E-mail from Amazon.com
« on: March 16, 2004, 11:41 AM »
Although I don't often buy figures via Amazon.com, since they run a few dollars higher on their site, I (for the first time) used their "notify me when in stock" feature on the Jabba's Palace Lando Calrissian, as well as the Ultra Jabba the Hutt.  I haven't seen anything of these figures around here, although they might still be on the way.  I just thought I would check with Amazon as a "back up plan".  Anyways, I received this e-mail today from them regarding each of the figures:

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Greetings from Amazon.com.

We've recently learned from our supplier that the item you requested to
be
notified about, Star Wars 3.75" Basic Figure: Jabba's Sail Barge -
Lando
Calrissian, will not be available in the foreseeable future.

It's possible that someone may be selling this item through Amazon.com
Auctions or zShops.  We encourage you to search for it there if you're
still interested in purchasing this item:

http://www.amazon.com/auctions
     http://www.amazon.com/zshops

We're sorry not to have better news for you.

Please note: This e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that
cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message.

Sincerely,
Amazon.com Customer Service
-----------------------------------------------------------
I got the same message for the Jabba.  Now, like I said, this is the first time I have ever done this at Amazon....so maybe they send these e-mails out often only to restock with the items at a later date.  I just thought I would post this here for anyone that might be interested.  It seems there have been a lot of dry spots around since the Tatooine wave showed up a month or two ago (depending on the area)...so maybe these figures are still just "in the system" and on the way.  I just thought I'd post this in case anyone was interested though.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: E-mail from Amazon.com
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2004, 12:47 PM »
Coincidentally, I signed up for their e-mail notification system for the first time ever a month or two ago, to find out when they'd have those 3 VHTF Action Fleet ships back in stock.  Guess what?  Got the same exact reply that you did Brian, a couple days ago.  Looks like no more Star Wars goodies from Amazon.com, I guess...   :-\

Wonder if they're even going to carry the Silver Clonetrooper, like the Silver R2 they had not too long ago...  Someone remind me, was that due to be a TRU exclusive again?

SilverZ

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2004, 02:27 PM »
Got the same message on a couple of items. They've been known to do this and still carry the item, though. I think their automated system kicks out those emails after a set amount of time of the item not returning to stock. So I plan on keep checking. Finding SW toys at Amazon.com is like digging for buried treasure. :) Seriously, if you're bored, try clicking on a figure, and then click "similar items" and you'll sometimes find figures NOT listed on a general search.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2004, 11:35 PM »
They send those same e-mails out every year to people who order the Simpsons exclusives online and every year people get in a huff about it...

I also see Mark at Rebelscum is hitting the panic button yet again...nothing like starting a hornet's nest for no reason ::)

SilverZ

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2004, 12:21 AM »
And thus guaranteeing follow-up "news" for the next 2 days.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2004, 12:49 AM »
Seems like a crock to me. I know new Star Wars stuff is dry right now, but no reason to go apes--- about it.

It kind of sucks though, because I was going to order a bunch of stuff from them. Guess I'll have to wait now. Or wait until the local Wal-Marts decide the really need more than two figures across eight pegs. ::)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2004, 02:25 AM »
Ha! A crock:

Dragonspy Moonbase received an interesting peice of e-mail from the folks at TRU.com stating that the Trilogy Arwen figure...well...read it for yourself:

"We've recently learned from our supplier that the item you requested to be notified about, The Lord of the Rings Fellowship of the Ring 6" Figure: Arwen, will not be available in the foreseeable future."

NOTE: We are investigating the reason behind this e-mail. Sometimes TRU.com sends messages out like this by 'default' when an order has been backlogged for over 90 days. If anyone else has any details about this, please let us know!

The same thing for Trilogy Arwen, and the folks from the GD are going nuts.

I'm sure some f--kwit at Amazon is just loving this whole 'get dorks in a tizzy' thing.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2004, 10:28 AM »
I have noticed something about this type of  e-mail that was sent recently.

ONLY those who are on the "Notify" list got this e-mail. The people like me who have the toy already pre-ordered in their cart did NOT get this e-mail.
I think it is a way for Amazon / TRU to lessen the frantic sales on the items. Think about it, if you have not already preordered the item in your cart and asked to be on the notify list about when the item comes in wouldn't you if you were Amazon / TRU e-mail those people saying the item will not come in? In their thinking I think they are hoping less people will frantically order the item.

I know when I look at my cart the items that in it (though currently said to be none available) are still listed in my cart with an expected shipping date.

Maybe I am just thinking about it to hard. That is my idea on the e-mail that people are getting. It is just a way to make people panic or to piss them off.
I would not worry about it too much. Those items will be on their site again.
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

SilverZ

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2004, 04:15 AM »
Exactly. They'll be back, I believe as well. As of tonight, the Jabba's Palace and Yavin wave are completely removed from the site. They'll probably show up in the next few days, and I'd put money on them being at a different pricepoint (somethine reasonable) as well.

Offline buffet1fan

• Youngling
  • son of a !!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2004, 02:10 PM »
I was worried about the demand of this figures because of the e-mail people were talking about. I thought the fan choice would pull another epant-mon. I however just picked them up today in Knoxville, TN of all places, and if we have them. They shouldn't be that hard to find. Hopefully!!