Author Topic: MOVED: Me be a newbie.  (Read 4773 times)

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
MOVED: Me be a newbie.
« on: March 25, 2004, 01:01 AM »
I'm going to let the other mods review this in our Top Secret Hidden Forum of Doom due to the mild content. While I agree Philip Wise sucks - we'd like to keep the RS bashing to a minimum. You also may or may not be asked to change your user-name. I'm leaving it all up to the other guys.

They may decide I've over reacted by moving your thread - but I'm just doing a quick judgement call.

ANNNNDDDDD.... Welcome to JediDefender - we're pleased to have you join us - despite my removing your first post.  :P

« Last Edit: March 25, 2004, 01:11 AM by Angry Ewok »

Offline Please Change Name

• Youngling
    • View Profile
To: Angry Ewok.
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2004, 01:22 AM »
 :) In regards to your comments about keeping RS bashing to a minimum, I agree with you. It isn't my intention to bash RS anymore. Philip Wise does a good enough job of hurting his reputation all by himself.

I was just pointing out in my newbie post the circumstances that led me to end up on jedidefender.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2004, 01:24 AM by Philip Wise Sucks »

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Re: To: Angry Ewok.
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2004, 01:29 AM »
Thanks for understanding, and Welcome!  ;D Since most of us go by a first-name, what'd ya like us to call you?

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2004, 05:56 PM »
I'll just throw in a welcome here. :)

Were you a member at RS? If so, what was your name?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2004, 05:21 PM »
Welcome to JD "Please Change Name".   :P  Glad to have you swing by to check us out, even if it was just due to you getting the boot from Philip.   ;)  Enjoy, and I'll see you around the boards...

- Matt

Offline Rob L

• Jedi Initiate
  • Timelord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2004, 09:24 PM »
Welcome! - I got kicked off RS too :)

No…wait…I think I just imagined that.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2004, 09:24 PM by Obi-Robz »
Palitoy...it ain't yellow :)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2004, 12:04 AM »
Welcome! - I got kicked off RS too :)

Let's kick scum off of US!!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2004, 12:04 AM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Please Change Name

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2004, 01:48 PM »
:-\ I am willing to change my name whenever I think of a new one. However, I have to say that I am a bit confused about why I was not allowed to keep the name "Philip Wise Sucks". Philip has no control over this site or anyone on it, does he?

One member said in his PM something like " we like to lay low on this forum". That statement seems to me like some people here are worried about repercussions if Philip gets pissed off.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2004, 02:46 PM »
...However, I have to say that I am a bit confused about why I was not allowed to keep the name "Philip Wise Sucks". Philip has no control over this site or anyone on it, does he?

No, it's just a common courtesy kind of thing.  While some/many folks will likely agree with your former name, we'd still prefer to show a little respect to a fellow site's administrator by not dragging his name through the mud in such fashion.  I know most of us would probably be upset if our name was used similarly at another site...

One member said in his PM something like " we like to lay low on this forum". That statement seems to me like some people here are worried about repercussions if Philip gets pissed off.

Absolutely not the case at all.  In fact Philip's already plenty pissed off with most of us as it is.   :P  We just operate a little differently over here at JD, and prefer to run a more mellow, friendly, and especially flame-free site.  With the occasional exception of a GNT or RS bashing thread from time to time, we prefer our staff and members to keep things on the up-and-up by acting civil and mature towards others at all times.  We strive to keep JD a friendly, relaxing place, without all the ridiculous juvenile and disrespectful drama that goes on at other boards.  That's all...

We probably wouldn't have a problem if you just made a post that PW sucks, and why, but keeping it as your name is just a little too much.  Hope you understand.  Looking forward to whatever you come up with for a new one!

- Matt

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2004, 11:23 PM »
Welcome. I like your current name. Its uber origional.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline P'dubs

• Jedi Initiate
  • Bow to the might that is the Sith.............
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2004, 07:45 PM »
Welcome to JD 'PLEASE CHANGE NAME'  
"They were all around me and they kept on saying "Utini Utini"."

smileyfaceguy

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2004, 11:17 PM »
YATTA!

:D

Offline Mandalorian Rage

• Youngling
  • Fear the Mandalorians
    • View Profile
    • Ethos
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2004, 01:00 PM »
...However, I have to say that I am a bit confused about why I was not allowed to keep the name "Philip Wise Sucks". Philip has no control over this site or anyone on it, does he?

No, it's just a common courtesy kind of thing.  While some/many folks will likely agree with your former name, we'd still prefer to show a little respect to a fellow site's administrator by not dragging his name through the mud in such fashion.  I know most of us would probably be upset if our name was used similarly at another site...

Absolutely not the case at all.  In fact Philip's already plenty pissed off with most of us as it is.   :P  We just operate a little differently over here at JD, and prefer to run a more mellow, friendly, and especially flame-free site.  With the occasional exception of a GNT or RS bashing thread from time to time, we prefer our staff and members to keep things on the up-and-up by acting civil and mature towards others at all times.  We strive to keep JD a friendly, relaxing place, without all the ridiculous juvenile and disrespectful drama that goes on at other boards.  That's all...

We probably wouldn't have a problem if you just made a post that PW sucks, and why, but keeping it as your name is just a little too much.  Hope you understand.  Looking forward to whatever you come up with for a new one!

- Matt

Woah, that's cool...man, I liked this site before, but after hearing that....I LOVE IT! haha, it's nice to hear from some mature people for a change...;D
Utinni!

Durge

Re: MOVED: Me be a newbie.
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2004, 08:41 PM »
Philip Wise is an asset to the collecting community. It's just not wise to get on his bad side.

Offline SWcollectorDUDE

• Youngling
  • Http://allsith.com
    • View Profile
Re: MOVED: Me be a newbie.
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2004, 08:51 PM »
Philip Wise is an asset to the collecting community. It's just not wise to get on his bad side.
Phillip, I don't like at all he does not represent a true collecotr.  Someon ewho goes to work and when they buy that figure they have been dieing for they feel they earned it.  As for phillip he just goes w/e i'm, rich I buy what I want.