Author Topic: I give this movie... the finger!:  (Read 3115 times)

SilverZ

I give this movie... the finger!:
« on: March 30, 2004, 03:13 AM »
(To paraphrase Hollywood Shuffle).

No. I have no monsters. I have a middle finger though, and its pointed mightily towards the heavens in salute to this abomination. This was #1 at the theaters this weekend. NUMBER 1.

SCOOBY-DOO 2: MONSTERS UNLEASHED, debuted at the top of the box office this past weekend. The SCOOBY sequel took in an estimated $30.7 million dollars, which is a solid performance for any movie opening at this time of year...

"Look Doo's back in theaters"

::) Couldn't put it better than the poster tagline itself.

I'm sorry, but I had to vent on this one. What's it all coming to? Eternal Sunshine has made just about $16m so far. Are we just about finished as a society? You guys have any other movies you absolutley hate?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2004, 03:16 AM by Tydirium »

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
Re: I give this movie... the finger!:
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2004, 08:16 AM »
For a kids movie I bet it is great. I cannot say anything bad about the movie since I have not seen it yet.

I do know that Frank D. (NiubNiub) did some post production work on this movie. So congrats to Frank on this step into his career and movie future. What is next... only something cool.
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2004, 09:53 AM »
My soon-to-be 3-year-old daughter loves the first movie. She insists on seeing the sequel whenever a commercial comes on. A (meathead) colleague told me his (dumbass) wife took their (halfwit) children to see it and said they enjoyed it far more than the first.

I was supremely disappointed with the first one. I had heard that the live-action Scooby would be aimed squarely at the FIRST generation of fans, in age as well as adult content, and that it would be as satirical as the Brady Bunch movie. Rumors abounded of the true ingredients of "Scooby snacks," a lesbian scene with Daphne and Velma, and a shot of Shaggy holding a sign that read "Pot for Sale," only to reveal him selling a clay pot from the back of the Mystery Machine.

Needless to say, they chose a different direction.

I asked Matthew Dillard at a licensing show if there would be any such outtakes on the DVD. He said he was hopeful since a lot of stuph got cut. It could only get better, right?

(And I found the Scooby parody from Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back infinitely more satisfying.)
Post sober.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2004, 11:05 AM »
I still don't understand why they didn't call this movie Scooby 2.

Is it me?  It's me, isn't it?
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2004, 02:47 PM »
Oh, so this is what Sarah Michelle Gellar quit Buffy for.

I guess in Hollywood, you keep failing upward.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

smileyfaceguy

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2004, 02:53 PM »

How about Scooby Deux?

:)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2004, 03:18 PM »
I used to dig Scooby Doo, watched it every morning, its too bad they didn't go the way that MrPL describes...it would have been great for those of us who grew up with the big loveable lug and his stoner companion.

Once I heard Scooby was CGI, I was done, tanks but no tanks.  However, Velma in real life is almost as hot as cartoon Velma

Almost
« Last Edit: March 30, 2004, 04:49 PM by OCB »

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2004, 04:12 PM »

V, I found myself wondering that...myself.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
Re: I give this movie... the finger!
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2004, 04:48 PM »
However, Velma in real life is almost as hot as cartoon Velma

Yeah, when Velma's hotter than Daphne, I knew something was amiss.

I was really hoping they'd have gone with someone pretty for Daphne. She was my childhood, 2-D crush. Ms. Gellar just doesn't do it for me the way a real redhead would have.
Post sober.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2004, 06:52 PM »
How about Scooby Deux?

:)

Even better.

Damn you, smileyfaceguy.

Re: Daphne

Like others, the cartoon Daphne gave me the hot!  In fact, she's what helped me discover the joys of masturbation at age five.

But the movie Daphne--gives me the not.

Can't stand Sarah Michelle Gellar.

(Not withstanding the lesbian kissing scene from Cruel Intentions--that was okay.)
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2004, 07:06 PM »
Five?! Dang boy! You were firing off with the boys in Gernada then... j/k

I personaly have not seen the Scooby Doo movies and don't plan to, seems like they've butchered the entire series.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2004, 09:00 PM by Supreme General Vator »
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2004, 08:33 PM »
Oh, so this is what Sarah Michelle Gellar quit Buffy for.

My favorite quote was when someone asked David Boreanaz if he was upset about SMG not coming back as Buffy during the final episodes of "Angel" this spring.  He said something to the effect of "we don't need her.  She can do whatever she wants to do with her Marmaduke movie, and we'll be fine."  I can't remember the exact quote, but it had me rolling for an hour. :D

And you know what?  I agree with him.  SMG basically spit in the face of everyone who made her what she is.  She ran Charisma Carpenter off BTVS because CC got more fanmail than she did, her friendship with Alyson Hannigan fell apart because AH became more popular than she did and had more success as an actress than SMG, and her announcement that BTVS was ending was made to the press instead of telling everyone she was leaving to their faces.  AH said she found out about it from the magazine like everyone else did.

So, um, yeah, I give SMG the finger.  Have fun with Marmaduke you talentless strumpet. :P

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2004, 11:43 PM »
,,|,,

Yup, a big F you to this film out of principle.  I could stomach about 10 minutes of the first one on Skinemax one night then said forget it and changed it to Comedy Central.  
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2004, 07:04 AM »
The first one was playing on a flight I had from California to Boston.  I watched five minutes, decided I had better things to do and took a nap.  You know a movie's bad when you don't even watch it on a five hour plane ride with nothing else to do but stare out the window or sleep.

Another one I'll give the big "F U" to you is Dude, Where's my Car?  I like Ashton as Kelso on That 70s Show and any man that's porking Demi Moore gets my respect, but this movie was a complete waste.  I just didn't get it and I'm usually a fan of gross humor.  I only watched it once and basically forgot what happened (not a good sign).  Maybe I have to watch it again to see if I'm missing something.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2004, 01:46 PM »
Yup, the movie's suck.  SMG is toooooooooo thin.

But Velma?  This is Velma....
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.