Author Topic: NFL Offseason 2004  (Read 51081 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: NFL Preseason '04
« Reply #105 on: August 5, 2004, 03:27 PM »
Well I already have my Super Bowl winner (three guesses who) but division winners I'm still thinking about.  Probably won't do it until right before the season starts, for reasons you already stated, among others.

Hmmm... 2001, Pats.  2002, Bucs.  2003, Pats.

Sounds like its' the Bucs turn.  :)

You guys can win it all next season.

Offline SPIDERLEGS

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hear me, baby, hold together...
    • View Profile
    • SPIDERLEGSdotNET
« Reply #106 on: August 6, 2004, 02:31 AM »
I just laugh at the Stupidity of Jerry Jones in drafting Q Carter in the first place...in the second round no less.  He was easily the worst draft pick of that draft and one that everyone in the world said the Cowboys reached about 3 rounds too high on...

Cowboys aren't making the Playoffs anyway so it matters little, I'll say their D may get them close but with Vinny or Hutchinson or a Baseball Player, no way in hell are they gonna make it

Will you retract the above statement when they go 10-6 on their way to winning 1 playoff game before being eliminated? I realize your hatred for the Cowboys runs deep (I would hate them after they took 3 trophies in 4 years, too, were I a fan of any other team), but surely if they have success despite your prognostication, you will endeavor to admit you...erred?

Carter tested psotive for marijuana, not cocaine. It was his second violation.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 6, 2004, 10:14 AM »
I'm not sure if Testaverde's got 10 wins left in him.

I'm thinking he stumbles out of the blocks, everyone starts missing Carter (which would make a big statement...), and Henson finishes the season to see what he can do.

And for the first time in Parcell's career, he fails to improve upon his first season win/loss record with his new team.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 7, 2004, 09:39 AM »
I just laugh at the Stupidity of Jerry Jones in drafting Q Carter in the first place...in the second round no less.  

Right, how one man can do something like that after Jedi Mind-Tricking  some sad sack team in Minnesota into taking Herschel Walker for  every draft pick they will ever have, it boggles the mind......... ;)  Until Bill Parcels got here Dallas has not had a good draft since Jimmy was here.

I like Dallas chances better with Vinnnie and the two kids than with Carter anyway.  Q-Car was not exactly what Dallas needs as a QB as far as leadership goes and of course it may just be the media joining the dog-pile, but I've heard that he was locker room cancer.  Taking credit for all the wins and placing blame for all the loses.  

I'm just about ready for the season (and College ball too) to start...

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #109 on: August 7, 2004, 11:12 AM »
I will say I erred on that statement but its one I honestly believe, they may only be the 3rd best team in their division behind Philly and Washington, add Seattle and Saint Louis, all 4 NFC South Teams, Green Bay and Minnesota and that is a lot of team to get ahead of for a Playoff spot.  I just don't see it happening with washed up players on Offense.  Got to be realistic in one of the best years of NFC football in years

No comment on the Hershel Walker deal :'(

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #110 on: August 9, 2004, 09:58 AM »
First game tonight!

Are you ready for some football?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #111 on: August 9, 2004, 10:37 AM »
Congrats too to Elway, Sanders, Brown and Viking Carl Eller for the induction into the HOF yesterday.

I went to the Hall 2 years ago, fun time, good place to visit, lots of stuff to see.   Makes me start feeling old when players I grew up watching are now Hall of Famers

Sanders is one I'll tell my boys about, he was truly awesome to watch and I feel lucky to have seen him a couple of times a year for the 10 years he played.

Elway, too, was amazing, I never cheered for another team more than the two years they won the Super Bowls in the 90's against the Packers and Falcons.  

I'm too young to remember any of the Vikings Super Bowl losses and the Purple People Eaters, but my dad loved Carl Eller, glad to see he finally got his chance.  That should be about it for Vikings Hall of Famers until Cris Carter goes in in a couple of years.  Randall McDaniel should also get a really shot, he was the best O-lineman of the 90's.  After that, it may be a while, unless Moss continues to dominate the game for many more years.  Its still too early to tell on him,  Jim Marshall is borderline, he never was dominant he just played for a long, long time.  Gary Zimmerman was one of the best lineman of the 90's too but I don't think he's gonna make it

Should be a bunch more too in the coming years...Marino,
« Last Edit: August 9, 2004, 10:40 AM by OCB »

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 17, 2004, 06:39 PM »
so, how about some predictions for the coming year?

afc east: new england
afc north: baltimore
afc south: indianapolis
afc west: kansas city
afc wildcards: n.y. jets, oakland

nfc east: philadelphia
nfc north: green bay
nfc south: tampa bay
nfc west: st. louis
nfc wildcards: minnesota, seattle

afc champions: kansas city

nfc champions: philadelphia

super bowl champs: kansas city

even though i'm a seattle fan, and everybody is pumping seattle this year to win big, i just don't see it happening just yet. maybe next year, but not this year.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #113 on: August 17, 2004, 06:54 PM »
My prediction:  Rams vs. Raiders in the Superbowl.  Yeah.  You heard it here first!

Other prediction:  Mikey's Pats go winless.  The ViQueens too.  Yeah.   8)

Not a snowball's chance in hell that Seattle takes it this year.  Or the year after that.  Or any other year thereafter.  Why?  'Cause they're the Seahawks.  That's why.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 17, 2004, 07:18 PM »
My prediction:  Rams vs. Raiders in the Superbowl.  Yeah.  You heard it here first!

Not a snowball's chance in hell that Seattle takes it this year.  Or the year after that.  Or any other year thereafter.  Why?  'Cause they're the Seahawks.  That's why.

we'll see about that... let's see. your two teams are the rams and raiders, right? how about a friendly little wager that my 'hawks end up with more wins than both, combined?

:P

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #115 on: August 17, 2004, 07:19 PM »
Anyone notice there is no "D" in Green Bay Packers?They have no D either, they won't even come close to sniffing Wild Card this year

I'm waiting on my picks...too many things can happen in the next 3 weeks

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 17, 2004, 07:21 PM »
I'm waiting on my picks...too many things can happen in the next 3 weeks

sissy boy...

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #117 on: August 17, 2004, 07:52 PM »
so, how about some predictions for the coming year?

afc east: new england
afc north: baltimore
afc south: indianapolis
afc west: kansas city
afc wildcards: n.y. jets, oakland

nfc east: philadelphia
nfc north: green bay
nfc south: tampa bay
nfc west: st. louis
nfc wildcards: minnesota, seattle

afc champions: kansas city

nfc champions: philadelphia

super bowl champs: kansas city

I Am Michael Vick's Broken Leg 2003...

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 18, 2004, 07:48 AM »
Yeah that'll happen  ::)

Keep talking, sweater boy.  I guess I would be too if I rooted for suck ass teams like you :P

My predictions shall be forthcoming.  I know you're all on the edge of your seat in anticipation.  And just to show I'm not living in the past, once the season starts, I'm changing my avatar.  Any suggestions?

Common sense isn't so common

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #119 on: August 27, 2004, 08:23 PM »
Just watching the Vikes-49ers and the 49ers may be the worst team in Football this year, oh how the mighty have fallen

Culpepper has 2 TD passes in the first 6 minutes of the game