Author Topic: NFL Offseason 2004  (Read 51031 times)

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: NFL Offseason '04
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2004, 08:41 AM »
Hey Dallas got a guy who quit baseball and hasn't taken a snap in 4 years.

I know what you are thinking, "wait, they already have the failed bit of Chad Hutchinson"

I guess Dallas is playing the averages, now they have Drew Henson.  Maybe he'll be playing in NFL Europe too.  I am sure the signing was merely to make us fans all feel better about Quincy.  

I think they are going to get Nolan Ryan to play running back.

I don't know what I expected, but I guess I expected more.  

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2004, 01:22 PM »
Owens whines his way into Philly!  Great pick up for the Eagles, I love TO as a player, McNabb finally has a legitimate WR, wow they might be scary this year

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2004, 01:35 PM »
Finally looks like the Eagles are taking the right step.  They have had plenty of cap room in the past few years and didn't do anything with it.  The question now is it a little too late?

They might also both their starting cornerbacks as Troy Vincent signed with Buffalo and Bobby Taylor is an UFA.  Like I said earlier, I think the young players can step up and take their place, but their leadership is top notch.

Chalk me up as another who loves TO as a player and most of his antics are pretty amusing.  As a lifelong Cowboy hater, his "disrespecting" of the Star was great as was his Sharpie and pom pom celebrations.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline SPIDERLEGS

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hear me, baby, hold together...
    • View Profile
    • SPIDERLEGSdotNET
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2004, 03:00 PM »
As a lifelong Cowboy fan, Mikey D, I'm thinking of a finger...

TO is bad for the NFL. Yes, he's good, but he sucks as a person. I'm not looking forward to seeing him twice a year. At least Kearse will probably be injured by the time the Eagles and Cowboys play. He's ALWAYS injured.

If Henson had commited to the NFL draft, he would have been the first player taken. He can hold a clipboard for a year and start in 2005.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2004, 03:18 PM »
As a lifelong Cowboy fan, Mikey D, I'm thinking of a finger...

Real classy.  I won't waste my time with a response.

Offline SPIDERLEGS

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • SPIDERLEGSdotNET
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2004, 07:20 PM »
Oh, come on. That was funny. We're talking about sports, not religion or anything. Lighten up!

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2004, 07:57 PM »
Yeah, Spidey was just kidding there Mikey.  You hate the Cowboys, he loves 'em.  You can both give eachother the finger and call it even...   ;)

But my finger from "The Snowjob" still stands of course.   ;D

Hell, I've given more fingers out around here than...  well...  what has a LOT of fingers?  I dunno, but I've given them to OCB, Morgbug, chuckles, Nick, etc., etc.  If you ain't a Laker/Ram/Raider/Dodger/Angel/Kings/Ducks/Clippers :-[/UCLA fan, then I have a standing finger extended throughout every sports season to the whole lotta you!   :-*
« Last Edit: March 18, 2004, 08:03 PM by JediMAC »

Offline SPIDERLEGS

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • SPIDERLEGSdotNET
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2004, 08:44 PM »
Now THERE'S one of my own kind...well, except for those lousy teams you root for... ;D

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2004, 07:32 AM »
You can both give eachother the finger and call it even...   ;)

Fair enough.

Thanks to Billy for the pic

And that goes to the following teams:  Yankees, Mets, Devils, Rangers, Islanders, Giants, Yankees, Jets, Dolphins, Bills, Cowboys, Redskins, Rams, Raiders, and the Yankees.

And here's something I like to see at least once this year:

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2004, 11:13 AM »
The fat, loud mouth over rated piece of sh!t ass clown Warren Sapp signed with the Raiders.  Looks like the trend of hiring over the hill players continues.  He was close to signing with Cinncy, but then finally realized how much he sucks in cold weather and decided to go to a warm weather team, where he won't quite suck as much.

John Lynch is reportedly close to signing with the Broncos, after thinking about the Jets, Pats and Colts.

Offline SPIDERLEGS

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • SPIDERLEGSdotNET
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2004, 11:39 AM »
You can both give eachother the finger and call it even...   ;)

Fair enough.

See, Johnny Cash would NEVER flip me off.

And here's something I like to see at least once this year:

Nice Photoshop (not!). TO will have a season ending injury in training camp. It couldn't happen to a more deserving chump!

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2004, 01:50 PM »

And that goes to the following teams:  Yankees, Mets, Devils, Rangers, Islanders, Giants, Yankees, Jets, Dolphins, Bills, Cowboys, Redskins, Rams, Raiders, and the Yankees.

i take it you're not a yankee fan, eh? according to my count... 4 fingers for me (yankees x3)  :P - but it must be hard being a red sox fan and coming soooo close, year in, year out, year after year, decade after decade.

my hero (circa 1986):

disclaimer: please don't get pissed off, i'm just joking around

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2004, 07:11 AM »
Its tough, but then football season starts and I get over it.  

Last year was about as evenly matched as you could get and I expect more of the same this year.  Hopefully, the Red Sox come on top this year.

Aaron effing Boone >:(

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2004, 11:01 PM »
Hey Mikey D, what is the deal with the NE coach and Ty Law?  I saw him on a talkshow and they had the lead in where he was talking serious smack, but I had to leave.  Not that Dallas needs another DB, but he seems good.

ANd has Denver quietly had a very busy Off-Season.  Lynch signed with them today.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2004, 06:55 AM »
Its all about the money right now with Ty Law.

There's a good article in today's Boston Globe that will tell the story better than I can.

Ty Law story

I like him as a player, but his attitude is starting to piss me off.  I guess two rings is good enough for him and now he wants the money, which the Pats aren't willing to pay.  And who can argue with the way Kraft, Belichick and Pioli run that team?  Nobody, because that way produced two of the last three Super Bowl Champions.