Author Topic: NFL Offseason 2004  (Read 51038 times)

Offline FX-7

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: NFL Offseason '04
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2004, 01:29 PM »
Broncos signed Lynch!  Great pick up by the Broncs, doesn't make up for losing Portis though.  Still might be able to get Dillon...if they do, we did upgrade this offseason
Medical Droid Extrodinaire

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2004, 12:13 PM »
Bailey and Lynch in the backfield, you're right Len, if the Broncos pick up a RB they are a ton better than last year.

Rams signed Chris Chandler...I wonder what that means for Kurt Warner???  That whole thing is totally messed up, he was the MVP for cripes sakes 2 years ago, he's still got it, it wasn't his fault his O-Line was as porous as a strainer in the only game he played last year.  I hope he signs with the 49ers and beeeotches the hell out of the Rams twice a year.  The Chargers and Raiders seem interested in him...I'd make a deal or wait for him to be cut.  Mike Martz...thanks for continuing to be an idiot

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2004, 12:34 PM »
Colts Patriots will be the first game of the year 9/9/04...GB plays Monday night, the Vikes/Cowboys will be the National game on Sunday.  I'm giddy with excitement already

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2004, 04:52 PM »
Dillon to the Patriots for a second round pick...that's a steal

Plus it sounds like the underclassmen might be inillegible after all

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2004, 01:36 AM »
Hello, my name is Mike Martz...I am an idiot

Rams to Release Warner

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2004, 08:32 PM »
Dillon to the Patriots for a second round pick...that's a steal

Plus it sounds like the underclassmen might be inillegible after all

Excellent pick up.  Playing in Cinncy during all those losing years will make most people develop an "attitude" problem.  His work ethic is there and Belichick knows how to motivate.  Plus he has a real good shot at winning a Super Bowl.  Last year people were saying Rodney Harrison wasn't worth it, blah, blah, blah.  What did he do?  Had arguably the best year of his career and won a SB.  I expect similar things from Dillon.

And don't forgot, the Pats still have two #1s, a 2nd, 3rd and two #4s (I believe).  They've set themselves up nicely for the long haul.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline SPIDERLEGS

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hear me, baby, hold together...
    • View Profile
    • SPIDERLEGSdotNET
« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2004, 03:03 PM »
The Patriots will find out what Cincy has known all along: Dillon is a locker room cancer. I was afraid the Cowboys might sign him. Apparently Parcells doesn't think much of the 30 year old malcontent. He may work out for the Pats. But realistically, look for about 600 yds after some injuries and complaints about # of carries.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2004, 12:38 AM »
The Patriots will find out what Cincy has known all along: Dillon is a locker room cancer. I was afraid the Cowboys might sign him. Apparently Parcells doesn't think much of the 30 year old malcontent. He may work out for the Pats. But realistically, look for about 600 yds after some injuries and complaints about # of carries.
Wha???  He's been a stud every year except this last one due to injuries and the emergence of Rudi Johnson.  I'm sticking with the fact that the Patriots got a steal and now have a legitimate RB to pair with what may be the best QB post Beth Farve

1200 Yards 9 TD's...easily

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2004, 02:18 PM »
Draft this weekend. SOunds like the Chargers and Giants will be trading with the Giants taking Eli Manning...

Lots of choices for the Vikes...they need a LB, WR or DE...all of which I would think they would take in the first 3 rounds.  A Kicker would be keen too, but not until round 4 or so

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2004, 04:35 PM »
I'd love to see the day that a kicker was sooo good that he got some 1st day draft excitement.....

Now to Eli Manning.  He is now on my list of whiny people that I hope nothing but failure for.  I will laugh my butt off if/when the San Diego Chargers get to the Super Bowl before he does.  I will refer to him as Eric Lindros from now on.....

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2004, 04:54 PM »
I'd love to see the day that a kicker was sooo good that he got some 1st day draft excitement.....

You must have been sleeping that day a few years ago

1st Round, 17th Pick by Oakland Raiders ::)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 22, 2004, 05:41 PM »

You must have been sleeping that day a few years ago

1st Round, 17th Pick by Oakland Raiders ::)

And what a great waste of a 1st rounder he ended up being too...

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 22, 2004, 10:20 PM »
I must have...but it couldn't be too exciting if I didn't remember it.  Well good for him, perhaps I should rephrase and say I'd like to see the HYPE factor over which kicker will get picked first on day one....

Oh and the latest news on Eli Manning is that he will sit out the 2004 season if he is chosen by the Chargers....I'd love to see a rule that said if these overpaid whiners did that, then they could go get real jobs like the rest of us...oh wait, only a small percentage actually have degrees and real jobs...

Besides what do these guys think "Draft" means?  If he didn't want to play for San Diego he should have "tanked" the combine...I wonder what Vanderjagt thinks of this Manning....

Offline SPIDERLEGS

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hear me, baby, hold together...
    • View Profile
    • SPIDERLEGSdotNET
« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2004, 12:03 PM »
Look for the Cowboys to draft the VERY underrated Chris Perry.

Position: Running Back

School: Michigan

Height: 6-1

Weight: 228

40-Yard Dash: 4.55

Positives: Chris Perry is a shifty runner, but he can also run with power. He has good size, quickness, and speed, and he picks up yardage after contact. He has good vision and instincts for finding the hole. He possesses good cut-back ability, catches the ball well in the flat, and is a solid blocker. He's tough in short-yardage situations.

Negatives: Perry is one of the most complete backs in the draft, but he does not have breakaway speed. There are also concerns that because he has played behind very good lines his entire college career, he might not be quite as good as he has looked at Michigan.

Projection: He is probably not a franchise back, but he is a solid football player. He will most likely be a second-round selection, but he could slip into the end of the first.

They said the same thing about Emmitt Smith when he came out, especially the part about not enough break away speed or that he could not be a franchise back. The vision they talk about was the key to Emmitt's success in the NFL. Well, and the fact Emmitt played behind one of the most dominant lines in history.

If Perry is not available, look for the Cowboys to draft an OL, possibly Shawn Andrews, OT, Arkansas, unless Kenechi Udeze, DE, U.S.C. drops (he has been dropping lately).
« Last Edit: April 23, 2004, 12:05 PM by SPIDERLEGS »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2004, 04:11 PM »
If Perry is not available, look for the Cowboys to draft an OL, possibly Shawn Andrews, OT, Arkansas, unless Kenechi Udeze, DE, U.S.C. drops (he has been dropping lately).

Udeze was dropping in part to FALSE rumors about him having a problem with his shoulder.  I was under the impression that he is still projected a top ten pick.