Author Topic: Daily Show  (Read 1079 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Daily Show
« on: March 31, 2004, 01:13 AM »
Anyone catch this tonight?  The Daily Show's at its all-time best.  The story on the spammer was simply great.

It showed this guy that's a spammer trying to justify his actions, and honesty it made this guy just look like a fool from start to finish (really little needed to be done to make him look like a fool.  He did all the work).

The guy even gave out his email address of Scottrichter422@yahoo.com and they flashed it up on the screen.  :)  

Too Funny.

Stewart's taken this show to a whole new level... The new staff they have are great and don't miss a beat when old staff move on...  The whole thing's just great. :)  Anyone else live to see this at 11 every night?  I know I watch my local news early just to be sure I don't miss this, haha.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
Re: Daily Show
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2004, 01:18 AM »
Catching the Daily Show is an essential part of my day. I'm also in complete agreement that the newer members of the staff have fit right in, but that being said I really miss Vance Degeneres and Even Steven. Seems like both Steven's are still on the show, just not with enough regularity.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Daily Show
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2004, 04:22 AM »
Yeah, I saw Even Steven not TOO long ago, but it seems like it's been a while for what it once was...  

I like that once or twice a week we get Lewis Black Editorials.  They are easily my highlight of the show, short of John Stewart himself.  And that says a lot since I love damn near every spot that show does.

Vance Degeneres is missed sorely, and he is irreplaceable, but there are good substitutes in at least.  I'd actually not even really missed him till you mentioned his name, but when you think back to the great bits he did he is missed then.  The new people have done such a great job though that I haven't missed a beat with the show, and Stewart is the perfect host...  

I liked Craig Killborne (sp?) at the time, but Stewart makes him look like a chump, seriously.  

Tonight's episode had me howling...  I think tomorrow is Back in Black night...  Not sure.  I think they do it semi-regular on Wednesdays?  I actually look forward to this little 30 minute program every day...  :)  Way to go Comedy Central.

CC is like the only decent TV on anymore to me.  Short of Star Trek TNG Re-runs on Spike (DS9 reruns too, yay!), Comedy Central just has me fixated.  They have some stupid ideas at times, but shows like Insomniac, Chapelle, South Park, Tough Crowd, and the Daily Show keep me locked on there most of the evening when I'm at home.  

The only other channels I can say I actually watch are the History Channel, Spike, and the local news channels...  CNN if something "big" is up, but beyond that it's CC all the way. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77