Author Topic: Star Destroyer Wave - :(  (Read 2008 times)

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
Star Destroyer Wave - :(
« on: April 1, 2004, 12:43 PM »
Today I picked up the Star Destroyer wave at Wal-Mart

Admiral Ozzel
Admiral Ozzel is sickly looking. I do not really care for the head sculpt at all.

Articulation is more than the standard.
The Sculpting on the outfit is nicely done but I do not like the thin sickly head.

Bossk
This could of been a great figure.  Bossk seems to be underweight. I like the first POTF2 version better. Though this version has more articulation.

Dengar
The best figure of the wave in my opinion. Nice details and sculpting job. Lots of color. I like this figure.

Well, this wave is out and in my opinion not one of the better waves of 2004.

For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Star Destroyer Wave - :(
« Reply #1 on: April 1, 2004, 01:05 PM »
Thanks for the report. I will have to see these in the store in order to decide if I want em. I have a POTF Bossk, and he is a good figure to display. Is the new Bossk smaller then the POTF one? I do not want to make him look like a wimp.
Dengar I am glad to hear is good. I do not have a Dengar so I will pick him up.
Admiral Ozzel sounds like a disappointment.

Your info is helpful. Anyone else have an opinion on these figures?
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: Star Destroyer Wave - :(
« Reply #2 on: August 6, 2004, 09:43 PM »
I JUST found this wave today at a grocery store of all places (Why is it that they get better figs than the big stores?).

Anyway, I will agree that Dengar is the best fig from the wave. Lots of detail, a great paintjob.... it looks just like its movie counterpart. My only complaint would be that it has no knee articulation, but that doesn't take away from the awesomeness that is Dengar.

I disagree with your stance on Bossk. He seems perfectly normal to me, and is about the same thickness as his POTF2 counterpart. The articulation is good, as is the sculpt. IMO, this is a GREAT figure, and well worth the money. My only gripe is that his hand is too big, and he can't hold is blaster tightly.

As for Ozzel, I think he has a good body, but the headsculpt is kind of dull. It could have been better, but I still think this is a good figure, and a welcome addition for my Imperial Army.
« Last Edit: August 6, 2004, 09:44 PM by Diddly Squat »
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks