Author Topic: Lakers suck  (Read 30536 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Lakers suck
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2005, 03:56 PM »
Game 1 - MN 88, LAK 74
Game 2 - MN 113, LAK 108
Game 3 - MN 95, LAK 82

Still sucking and still no response from my favorite LAkers fan...  :-*

Sorry, my bad!  For whatever reason, I haven't ducked into the Sports Board here for a while, despite watching it nearly every night on TV.  Anyway...

Yes, the Wolves have had our number all year.  In two of those three games we had 14+ point leads mid-way through the third quarters, looking like we had the game well in hand.  Only to tank the fourth.  But yes, you guys own us right now.  As for the Rams, ppphhhththht.

But, as for the Lakers in general, they've finally turned things around after a very poor and sloppy start.  Near the end of that 3-8 slide that we had, even Kobe's biggest fans and supporters (including myself) were starting to rip him after averaging 36 shots a game and about 37% shooting.  ::)

But then that beautiful 5-1 road trip happened, and a couple wins over Dallas the past week, and now all seems to be back to normal - thank God.  Last night's game was just crazy, where Kobe got sick on the Mav's for 62 points in just 3 quarters.  Would've been more fun if it wasn't a 30 point blowout so Kobe could've continued playing, and go for more...  Hell, he outscored the Mavericks team all by himself when he came out at the end of the third - 62 to 61.  Not bad!  :P

Anyway, I'll try to chime my sorry butt in here more often - whether the Lakers are sucking ass or playing well.  Just been rather lazy of late...
« Last Edit: December 21, 2005, 03:59 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2005, 04:20 PM »
I was disappointed they didn't leave Bryant in.  I thought he had a genuine shot at Chamberlain's record.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline john todd

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm the llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2005, 05:50 PM »
I was disappointed they didn't leave Bryant in.  I thought he had a genuine shot at Chamberlain's record.

bad things usually happen when guys try to pad their numbers.  i know i have lost my cool and thrown some hard fouls when i have had to guard guys i just couldn't handle.

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2005, 05:15 PM »
Kobe got suspended for two games for his elbow into Miller's throat.  Kobe's comments;

Any player that was going to come down the lane at that point in time, I was going to let him know that he just can't walk through there," Bryant said. "I think we as a team have to do a better job of establishing that. And me, as a leader of the ballclub, I've got to take the initiative to do that - and hopefully, everybody will see that.  This being our home court, people come here and think it's Hollywood and all sorts of stuff, so they think they'll come down (the lane) and look pretty and shoot jump shots and dunk the ball and finger-roll the ball and do all sorts of cute stuff. And we've got to stop that.

Good for him.  If that is how he plays "tough defense in the lane," then he'll be playing in 1/3 of the remaining Laker game.

Play 1 game, sit out 2 games,
Play 1 game, sit out 2 games

What a thug.   >:(
"WE HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE.  TODD WILL COOPERATE."
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 8, 2006, 01:23 PM »
GO LAKERS!

Offline john todd

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm the llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 8, 2006, 10:28 PM »
kobe finally got what he wanted.   he is a one man show.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 9, 2006, 09:01 AM »

Really?  I know the guy was hot and the Mavs couldn't stop him, but to just tie Chamberlain's record, Kobe would've had to score 38 points in the fourth quarter.  The record for most points in a quarter is 33 (held by George "The Iceman" Gervin).  I don't care if Kobe didn't miss a shot the rest of the way, scoring 38 points in one quarter would've been next to impossible.  Most teams rarely score 38 points in a quarter anymore.  I think that 80 points would've been realistic.  Seeing that only four players in history have cracked 70 points, and Wilt's 100-point game is the only game over 80, leaving him in to reach 80 would've been something.

Offline john todd

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm the llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 9, 2006, 05:55 PM »
i retrospect i guess it would have been nice to see what happened, but i would bet he would not have gotten 80.  now he has the bragging rights to not knowing what amazing things he might have done, but more realistically he probably would have gotten a concussion from a guy more than willing to take a double t to stop the grand standing.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2006, 10:32 AM »
Kobe Bryant just became the third person in NBA history to have 4 straight games of scoring over 45 points.  Like him or not, that's impressive.

Offline john todd

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm the llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2006, 05:10 PM »
seems like allen iverson did that too a few years ago when he was just padding his numbers on a suck ass team too.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2006, 07:36 PM »
Nope.  He scored over 40 a bunch of games in a row, but he never did this.  The other two were Wilt Chamberlain and Elgin Baylor.

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2006, 12:49 AM »
OMG!  Kobe goes for 81 against the Raptors.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2006, 01:57 AM »
That was absolutely insane to watch...  :o

Relatively tame first half for Kobe with "just" 26 points, but then he blew up for 27 in the third quarter and 28 in the 4th.  Sick.  They needed most of 'em too, since the Lakers were down by 18 at one point against the Raptors, and the game was still close early in the 4th, so Kobe single-handedly pulled this one out, which was much needed since we'd already dropped 2 in a row.  The rest of our team was looking like **** too, so there just wasn't any point for Kobe to defer to them tonight.

28 for 46 shooting, 18 for 20 from the line, 7 of 13 from behind the arc = 81 points...  2nd most in NBA history.

This almost makes up for the Mavericks game last month, when Kobe came out after 3 quarters with 62 points, since it was a blowout.

In the press conference, Kobe even threw in a couple of Star Wars quotes too.  He mentioned Phil Jackson and him are basically always so in tune with eachother that they're "like Jedi".  Then he also mentioned that Tex Winter was like Yoda.  Good stuff...

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2006, 08:46 AM »
I'll have to keep an eye on ESPN Classic.  It's a given that they'll be running this game sometime soon.  I'll have to record that one.
Damn.

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2006, 09:16 AM »
Amazing feat, even from a Spurs fan.   :o

More impressive that the Lakers won.   ;)

But as the topic indicates.......
"WE HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE.  TODD WILL COOPERATE."
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate