Author Topic: Lakers suck  (Read 30524 times)

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
Re: Lakers suck
« Reply #90 on: May 15, 2006, 12:57 AM »
Matt's alive?

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 16, 2006, 01:39 PM »
Matt's alive?

Matt's Pinkie's alive? :-X

:-*

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #92 on: July 17, 2006, 09:46 AM »
I see that Kobe had knee surgery, Fathers, lock up your daughters!

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 17, 2006, 10:05 AM »
 Denver is in lockdown.  The governor has called out the national guard.

Did you guys ever read the police report about what happened that night?  Apparently Kobe confessed that they started doing it consensually, and then she objected when he tried to, um, do it somewhere else.  Publically, he held a press conference and said that was his first act of indiscretion, but when the police asked him if he normally likes to put his thing in that other place as opposed to the normal place he said something to the effect of, "Yeah, you can ask this girl Michele in NYC, we do it that way whenever I go see her there."

::)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2006, 10:06 AM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 18, 2006, 07:52 PM »
Having not been a big fan of Kobe Brayant over the past couple years, it really came to a head this weekend when I bought the NBA Dynasty Series DVDs: 90s Chicago Bulls. I spent most of my childhood messing around the TV while all my relatives and friends were watching the Bulls games, or seeing them play at the United Center, and the attitudes of Scottie Pippen, Michael Jordan, Tony Kukoc, and hell, even Dennis Rodman, far outweigh the # of baskets Kobe can score in one game. In my opinion, Chicago fans are a hell of a lot more enthusiastic than LA fans. No offense, Matt. ;)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #95 on: August 12, 2006, 03:37 AM »
In my opinion, Chicago fans are a hell of a lot more enthusiastic than LA fans. No offense, Matt. ;)

None taken, and I agree with that 100%, Justin.  In fact, I'd say that L.A. might have the worst fans in the whole country when it comes to sports.  They're completely fair-weathered, they show up to games late and leave early, often only attending to "be seen" or because it's the hip thing to do around town.  One of my former bosses had season tickets to the Lakers for the past 7 years, but didn't know a single thing about basketball, or the NBA.  So he'd hound me constantly for info on players, teams, rules or just general reasons that things transpire as they do in a game.  Totally bizarre.  But he wanted to be in the "hip" L.A. crowd, and maybe do some business networking at the games.  He eventually caught onto most aspects of the game, and became a decent fan over the years, but it all still seemed so goddamned superficial to me.

Not to mention that L.A. fans are about as quiet as they come.  Nobody makes a peep during games (especially Lakers) for fear of looking silly or embarrassing themselves.  It's not until the last couple minutes of the 4th quarter in a close game that the crowd finally feels it's safe to get involved and start cheering the team on.  It's actually quite sad, I think.  Dodgers fans are a little better, at least as far as loyalty goes, but many of the same things apply:  Come late, leave early, pretty quiet, etc.  I won't even mention the NFL, since our fans (and some dickhead owners) were so weak we couldn't even keep a pro franchise in town!  ::)  Kings games are often a mixture of decent and loyal hockey fans, mixed in with some of the "I want to be seen" crowd that you get at Lakers games.

I've been to a lot of other pro (and college) sports games in other cities, and it doesn't even compare.  In a lot of those cities, their sports teams are the main attraction in town, so all of the community's support and energy goes thrown behind their team(s) 100%.  It's really a great thing to be in that type of atmosphere, and makes me very jealous that we don't have that type of setting out here at our games.  I think with Southern California having so many other points of interest as far as entertainment goes, and/or distractions, the competition for people's time and money is too diversely spread out, and the sports teams suffer because of it.

I think the greatest sports environment that I've ever been in was the "Shark Tank" for UNLV basketball games back in the late 80's and early 90's when they had some of the greatest teams in college hoops history.  That stadium full of insane college kids and Vegas suppoters rocked like nothing I've ever seen.  Absolutely electric.  You could almost get a natural high just being amongst it.

Anyway, yeah, Lakers fans generally aren't too great.  But when their superstar is completely quitting in Game 7 of the playoffs, can you really blame them?  ::)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2006, 03:37 AM by JediMAC »

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 29, 2006, 04:01 PM »
Upon further review..Lakers still suck. Their record still looks good on paper(lead their division by a half game over 2 teams) but I mean..come on..they lost to the...? the Bucks at home last night??! The assemblance of ?future? Kobe supporter/role player- stands ins (Kwame,Bynum,Evans)...do nothing to help the team or Kobe win a game. Really when you look at it...for what you are going to pay for 1 guy...there's really not much moolah left for fielding talent for the rest of the squad so I guess the results are to be expected.

Well, once log ago they did spend their money on 2 really good players and that equaled championships...but then Egos set in ...causing false beliefs that only 1 superstar was needed to continue the tradition-something that really worked out to be true........NOT!

The DS

PS: Oh yes I forgot...."well, they still almost had a chance to win the game anyway". Yes, They were supposed to win against a ****** team like that(at least at home) and did not. Lakers suck.

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 29, 2006, 08:16 PM »
Didn't your Kings lose to the same Bucks squad in the beginning of the year?

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 29, 2006, 08:42 PM »
Clever catch Jay, however- I consider roads losses on the road to ****** teams as somewhat more acceptable than a home loss to one. No loss is really acceptable to a ****** team but a home loss to one is downright embarrassing. My team has lost 2 home games to really good BB teams none to crappy ones(yet).

This WAS a Lakers suck thread though right? So, I felt my thoughts on the game applied here. I understand your feelings for your team though.

--J 

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 30, 2006, 01:36 AM »
And since I love you Jon.   :-*

I know it's a few years ago, but still brings a smile to my face.   ;D
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 01:37 AM by JayDouble »

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 30, 2006, 10:09 AM »
Was that the shot NOT before halftime in LA that replays proved was late but refs counted good? Or was that the end of game shot?

They still suck(Lakers) :(
What have they done for you lately?

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 30, 2006, 02:27 PM »
Game 5. 

They made the playoffs last year unlike the Kings.  Although I will admit, that's not really the Lakers' standard.  As long as I see improvement from the team I'll be happy.  I'm a realist and not some deranged Laker fan who thinks every year they'll win a championship.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 30, 2006, 03:40 PM »
Game 5. 

They made the playoffs last year unlike the Kings. 

You need to check that statement Jay ;)

Yeah ..Since my team doesn't ever win championships I'm a realist too..if I see anything good I cheer.

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 30, 2006, 05:09 PM »
My bad, forgot they faced the Spurs.   :-\

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 11, 2007, 11:30 PM »
Ouch.   The Mavs roll into town riding a 16 game win streak and beat the Lakers down to the tune of their worst home loss in franchise history?

Kick ass.  8)