Author Topic: Lakers suck  (Read 30607 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Lakers suck
« on: January 31, 2003, 10:44 PM »
well, right now.  But hey, they are doing better than they were.  Not in the lottery anymore as I understand it, right?

remember, you asked JM. ;D :P

when Irish eyes are cryin'... :'(
« Last Edit: January 31, 2003, 11:56 PM by Morgbug »
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Lakers suck
« Reply #1 on: February 1, 2003, 01:51 AM »
Oh dear...  I didn't expect that quite so quickly or harshly Brent!  But welcome aboard anyways!

At least my boys spanked Sacto pretty badly tonight while the silly little Celtic gals got annihilated by 52 points by the Pistons - at home!   :o   Wow!  Haven't seen a blow out like that in many years...  And this 1-15 shooting Antoine Walker is actually an All-Star?!

Anyways, glad to see you stop by B.  Now go slap a copy of your trading list in the forums, and I might just hook you up with that Holiday Droid set!   ;)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re:Lakers suck
« Reply #2 on: February 3, 2003, 12:01 PM »
Hey Brent, thanks for stopping on by!   I'll stick with you on the Lakers sucking, they are the suckiest suckers that have ever sucked.  But I cannot pledge allegiance to the Celts either, my boys the T-Pups seemed to have turned it up a notch and are pushing for home court in the first round.  Maybe then we will make it to Round #2

BTW...Moe's is still available, sweet, sweet Duff, how good would Casual Homer look in that playset???  ;D

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 7, 2003, 12:34 AM »
You sir may stop that right now.  Thank you for the welcome.  One more McFarlane series and then I can save some money for a new puter.

JediMac, I would respectfully ask that you not pollute my trading threads with your west coast rhetoric.  Jeez, whaddid they do, reach 500 or something?  I can hear the chants all the way from the coast.

We're out of the lottery!  We're out of the lottery! ;D :P

Offline Obi-Juan

• Youngling
  • Don't make me Pimp Smack you Vader!!!
    • View Profile
Utah Jazz suck!!
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2003, 10:08 PM »
The Utah Jazz suck also!   >:( >:( >:(
Pimp-Jedi.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Lakers - Can you say 4-peat?!
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2003, 04:20 AM »
JediMac, I would respectfully ask that you not pollute my trading threads with your west coast rhetoric.  Jeez, whaddid they do, reach 500 or something?  I can hear the chants all the way from the coast.

We're out of the lottery!  We're out of the lottery! ;D :P
What on earth might you possibly be referring to Brent?  :P  Just checked your trading thread here, and aside from it looking a little empty and lonely, it looks just fine - no West Coast rhetoric that I can see.  Maybe you're just getting confused again.  Happens sometimes at your age...  ;D  Besides, I would never stoop so low as to hijack somebody's trading thread somewhere just to say Celtics suck, or anything to that effect!   :D  What kind of pathetic loser would that make me (no need to answer that, thank you)?!  Sheesh.   That would almost be as bad as getting benched for the All-Star game, like Antoine Walker did...  :P

And for the record, my Lakers are now above .500, and back in cruise control on their way to #4!  The only tiny little chance the Western Conference foes actually had against the Lakers in the playoffs just got wiped out when Commissioner Stern changed the first round of the playoffs from 5 games back to 7 games this past weekend.  That just sealed the deal.  Game over.  Thank you very much.  Come again...  :)

BTW Obi-Juan, sorry to hear you're a Jazz fan.  Must've been a rough couple of decades for you, huh?  Talk to Scott though, as he could certainly offer some kind words of encouragement in this area (re: Vikings)...   :o   ;)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2003, 03:27 PM »
I agree that the Lakers still suck but I just wanted to give some props out to my beloved T-Wolves.  They have really turned it on with the comeback of Wally Sczerbiak and are poised to make a run at the #2-#4 seed in the West and they are doing it all without their #1 point guard and #2 money earner Terrell Brandon.  How anyone can think anybody but Kevin Garnett should be the MVP is ludicrous, and don't even start saying Crybabe Bryant

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2003, 03:39 PM »
You still on the anti-Kobe kick of yours, Scott?  Man, the kid just dropped 51 points in 31 minutes last night, and has been averaging well over 40 points over his last 7 or so games.  The kid's just sick!  MVP all the way!  Though I'm not opposed to the idea of giving Garnett the runner up status.  Besides, when's the last time you heard Kobe make a stink about anything?  He lost the cry-baby status last year I think.  Still makes the occasional face at the refs on some non-calls, but not much more than that...

And I'll also have to respectfully disagree again that the Lakers are no longer sucking!  7 in a row, and the Lake Show steamroller is back in full effect again!  Watch out league!  Now that we've got the machine well oiled again, and with the lengthening of the first round of the playoffs from 5 to 7 games (thanks Stern!), there's virtually nothing that can stop us at this point aside from a major injury to Kobe or Shaq...

Can you say 4-peat?  I know I sure can.   ;D

They better, to make up for my Raiders goofing the whole Super Bowl up!  >:(
« Last Edit: February 13, 2003, 03:42 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2003, 04:00 PM »
The T-Wolves would be in LeBron Jamesville if not for KG, the Lakers would be stilla round .500 without Crybaby just because of Shaq-Fu.  

Dallas          38 12 .760 -
Sacramento 35 17 .673 4
San Antonio 34 16 .680 4
Portland       32 17 .653 5 1/2
Minnesota    31 20 .608 7 1/2
Utah             30 21 .588 8 1/2
Phoenix        29 22 .569 9 1/2
Houston       27 23 .540 11
LA Lakers     26 23 .531 11 1/2

The highest I see them getting is a #4 seed and that is a lot of teams to jump with 33 games to play.    Hopefully they don't tailspin again or it may be lottery time!!!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2003, 04:01 PM by Scott Pearson »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2003, 06:38 PM »
I see ya' comin' Brent!  Better watch it...   :-X
Ah, chickened out, huh?  Wise choice Mr. Leprechaun lover!   ;D
« Last Edit: February 14, 2003, 07:32 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2003, 01:07 AM »
 ;D

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2003, 01:07 AM »
 ;D

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2003, 01:11 AM »
 >:(   >:(   >:(   >:(   >:(   >:(   >:(   >:(   :-X

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2003, 11:55 AM »
Looks more and more like the T-Pups will be playing at home or on the road against Portland, I don't think the Spurs, Mavs or Kings are catchable.  I like their chance against the Blazers...could be a second round matchup against the Mavs which will be AWESOME

The Lakers might just be able to get LeBron after all, oh wait the Lottery isn't fixed is it???  Lottery here we come!!!

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2003, 11:54 PM »
Lakers do suck.  Didn't the Bulls beat them in the Finals before?  hehehe

What a sweet year that was!
dustrho