Author Topic: Missing Figures: Episode II Padme Amidala  (Read 8675 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Missing Figures: Episode II Padme Amidala
« on: April 2, 2004, 09:50 AM »
Senator Padme

Minutes after almost being assinated, Padme appears in the Senate to the shock of many who though she was dead.  She also wears this gown to Palpatine's office in the next scene accompanied by the Jedi and various Senators.  I'll state right off that with Hasbro focusing on the OTC and the fact that only a couple of Episode I Padme's have been rumored, Episode II Padme figures all seem like long shots for the time being.

Packing For Home Padme

The Chancellor feels that Padme would be safer on Naboo and it is up to Young Padawan Skywalker to be her protector.  She is none too happy about this and is seen hurrying about her apartment in this gown.  This one is a real long shot, as the scene is not that exciting.

Outlander Disguise Padme

Anakin and Padme travel to Naboo aboard a Coach Starship and disguise themselves as Outlanders in order to blend in with the more common people of the Galaxy.  Outlander Anakin was in the first Wave of Episode II figures, it is a shame Outlander Padme has not been made yet.  Of any Episode II Padme, this one has the best shot.

Naboo Retreat Padme

Anakin and Padme hide on Naboo in the Lake Country.  Alone...what do two young people without supervision on some backwater planet in a breathtaking vista do?  They fall in love!  This is one of my personal favorite gowns worn by Padme, lets hope it gets made soon.

Padme Picnic Gown

Padme and Anakin have a nice little picnic in the hills of Naboo amoung the Waterfalls and pus filled herbivores. In a scene straight out of the Sound of Music, Padme runs through the tall grass in this beautiful dress.  Another one I hope they make.

Fireplace Padme

If there is a costume that makes fanboys around the world drool with excitement its Padme in her evening dinner gown.  Personally designed by George Lucas, this dress caused a stir everywhere when it first appeared in the AOTC trailer.  Figure chance on this one would be pretty good, its one that most people want from AOTC and I would think it would eventually get made.

Nightdress Padme

Who knew that we would see someone's Pajamas not once but twice in this movie.  Padme wears her Nightdress on Coruscant and back on Naboo where she learns that Anakin senses that his Mother is in grave danger.  A two for one shot type of figure (much like the Tatooine Padme) it could happen but women figures in their PJ's probably doesn't make for a good toy.

Tatooine (II) Padme

With Anakin away searching for the Tuskens who kidnapped his mother, Padme puts on this comfy dress and settles in with the Lars family.  She then consoles Anakin in the Lars Garage with some Blue Milk and Cookies.  One of the neater dresses from AOTC, since they have done one Tatooine Padme in recent months, I doubt we'll see another for some time.

Cut Scene Padme

One scene that was cut from AOTC and later appeared on the DVD was Padme and Ani meeting Padme's family on Naboo.  This would be an EU figure but its close enough that we'll list it here!  One in a million chance this one would ever happen

Stay Tuned for Part 3 of this report where we look at the remaning 5 Padme figures yet to be made for Attack of the Clones.

Mucho thanks to the Padawans Guide for the reference pictures!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 04:07 PM by Scott »

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
Padme Multi-packs?
« Reply #1 on: April 2, 2004, 09:57 AM »
What about a "Honeymoon Padme?"  :-*

Would it be in Hasbro's best interest to sell these figures as part of a boxed set? Most would probably amount to salt shakers, but I'd still like to see these as part of my collection even without uber-articulation. (Except for "Honeymoon Padme," of course. She needs to be pretty poseable.  ;D)
Post sober.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: What's Missing? Episode II Padme Amidala
« Reply #2 on: April 2, 2004, 10:00 AM »
As I've been looking at these dresses I sort of came to the same conclusion...sort of like the POTJ Mexican 4 Pack.  Just line these babys up and get them out there

Honeymoon/Conception Padme is one EU figure I'll gladly buy ;D

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: April 2, 2004, 10:06 AM »
Stay Tuned for Part 3 of this report where we look at the remaning 5 Padme figures yet to be made for Attack of the Clones.

I can't wait...

Mmmm... Padme.

Jeff
« Last Edit: January 7, 2005, 10:04 AM by Scott »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 2, 2004, 10:54 AM »
That is a great idea, to pack them all into one multi-pack!

But what about single carded collectors like me that would like to see all these Padme's onto her on card?

I think that in the near future we will say all Padme and Queen Amidala's released!

Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #5 on: April 2, 2004, 03:14 PM »
Wasn't a Refugee Padme on the rumor lists way back?  Maybe she's in the pipeline somewhere.  But yeah, they definitely should just bite the bullet and do these all at once.  Or Screen Scenes.  A Screen Scene with Senator Padme and Dorme would be perfect.   :)

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 2, 2004, 03:56 PM »
Oh really, was not aware of this!

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 2, 2004, 04:46 PM »

Mmmm... licorice...  8)
« Last Edit: January 7, 2005, 10:04 AM by Scott »
Post sober.

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 2, 2004, 09:53 PM »
Nice! ;)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #9 on: April 9, 2004, 03:42 PM »
Part Deux

Fireplace Padme

If there is a costume that makes fanboys around the world drool with excitement its Padme in her evening dinner gown.  Personally designed by George Lucas, this dress caused a stir everywhere when it first appeared in the AOTC trailer.  Figure chance on this one would be pretty good, its one that most people want from AOTC and I would think it would eventually get made.

Nightdress Padme

Who knew that we would see someone's Pajamas not once but twice in this movie.  Padme wears her Nightdress on Coruscant and back on Naboo where she learns that Anakin senses that his Mother is in grave danger.  A two for one shot type of figure (much like the Tatooine Padme) it could happen but women figures in their PJ's probably doesn't make for a good toy.

Tatooine (II) Padme

With Anakin away searching for the Tuskens who kidnapped his mother, Padme puts on this comfy dress and settles in with the Lars family.  She then consoles Anakin in the Lars Garage with some Blue Milk and Cookies.  One of the neater dresses from AOTC, since they have done one Tatooine Padme in recent months, I doubt we'll see another for some time.

Cut Scene Padme

One scene that was cut from AOTC and later appeared on the DVD was Padme and Ani meeting Padme's family on Naboo.  This would be an EU figure but its close enough that we'll list it here!  One in a million chance this one would ever happen

Part 4 of Missing Figures will look at the Pod Race from The Phantom Menace.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #10 on: April 9, 2004, 07:40 PM »
One scene that was cut from AOTC and later appeared on the DVD was Padme and Ani meeting Padme's family on Naboo.  This would be an EU figure but its close enough that we'll list it here!  One in a million chance this one would ever happen

Research droids.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #11 on: April 9, 2004, 07:52 PM »
Well...they were sort of a one shot deal and with 12 other different movie Padme's to choose from, its not going to happen

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2004, 02:43 AM »
Out of this second batch, the only one I see happening is the black leather one.  The others are too obscure/boring.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2004, 04:04 PM »
I think Tatooine (II) has a decent shot at making it to plastic.  It has a simple top with vibrant colors and with the underskirt makes an easier figure than the picnic dress.  I am surprised that Tatooine I made it before the Picnic dress and that's the one I'm hoping to see next but if not, I'll take Tatooine II over any of the others....just as long as they get her face right.
Beth

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2004, 11:22 AM »
Re: Research Droids/Padme deleted scene figures

Well...they were sort of a one shot deal and with 12 other different movie Padme's to choose from, its not going to happen

Well, I don't think that Padme is going to happen, either, but the point being that creating action figures from deleted scenes is not unprecedented.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."