Author Topic: Hellboy - Good movie.  (Read 3449 times)

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
Re: Hellboy - Good movie.
« Reply #15 on: April 6, 2004, 10:04 PM »
I absolutely loved the movie, but I do agree, Samael is kind of a week character. I was also expecting the grand forces of evil to be much more sinister/hellish, and much less "Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within". Kroenen and Rasputin, along with Ilsa (DAMN those were some tight pants at the end of the movie), kicked about 9 or 10 different levels of ass, especially Kroened. The Hero side was well rounded as well.

Definitely enjoyed it though, and want to see it again. Hopefully we can get a sequel, sans squid demons.
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2004, 09:52 AM »
Saw the first showing yesterday.  I've heard of the character, but haven't read any of the books.  The only time I've read something with HB in it was when he guest starred a few times in Savage Dragon and the recent $0.25 issue with him and the corpse.

Excellent movie.  A good mix of character development and action.  Perlman is perfect for the part, pretty muched nailed the character from what little I know.  And Selma Blair, what an under rated hottie.  Definitely would have liked to see more of her.

I too, hope for some sequels and will definitely be buying the dvd.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2004, 11:31 AM »
I've been secretly in love with Selma Blair for years.......
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2004, 02:22 PM »
I saw it a second time last week at an IMAX theater - if it's playing at an IMAX in your town - check it out.