Author Topic: Favorite POTF2 Figure.  (Read 24462 times)

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite POTF2 Figure.
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2006, 11:19 AM »
Put me down for RH Vader as well. If you are new to collecting the line, that one can be had for less than 10.00 easy, and is well worth the money.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2006, 08:03 AM »
I wound up with RH Vaders through trades over the years...  Great figure, it's really good to have for even nostalgia as it was really kind of a landmark figure when it was made.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2006, 07:31 PM »
CT Stormie.

Nuff' said.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2006, 10:49 AM »
CT stormie is definately good, it makes up the bulk of my stormtrooper army. The RH vader was just so much better than any vader before it, and still holds up well compared to the new ones. I think the CT stormie was eclipsed by the VOTC version.

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2006, 09:22 AM »
I wound up with RH Vaders through trades over the years...  Great figure, it's really good to have for even nostalgia as it was really kind of a landmark figure when it was made.

I highly agree. I just sold all of my POTF2 figures and he was one that I couldn't part with. My other favorites would have to be:

* Slave Leia - God, I remember the hype when this figure 1st came out. One time I had a guy follow me out to the parking lot offering to give me $20 each for them.
* Ewok 2 pack
* Jawa 2 pack
* SOTE Chewbacca Bounty Hunter Disguise

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2006, 10:06 PM »
For me it is either the EU darktrooper or the Endor Rebel. Wierd choices I know, but they were my favorite figures when I was younger. Somehow I found the darktrooper at a TRU when I was little, I had to have been about 13, I had no idea what it was but I thought it looked cool so I bought it.
"This is the way."

Offline Mitsukara

• Jedi Initiate
  • Casual/Poor Collector and Customizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2006, 11:15 PM »
Well, back in the day Jedi Knight Luke, Trenchcoat Han, and General Lando were my big favorites :) Guess I was a bit of a ROTJ nut then, too...

Trenchcoat Han looks pretty bad these days though, but I have to say that there's still something endearing about that Luke. He makes the head sculpt look a lot better than the first Luke or Degobah Luke did, and his outfit is pretty cool. But maybe it's the high heels ;)

These days, though... well, I need to get some Commtech Stormtroopers, a Commtech Greedo, and a Commtech Luke, but of what I have/had and have taken apart for customizing...

#1 EU Dark Jedi Luke
A great headsculpt and a pretty gnarly- if a little weird- outfit, plus a removeable/turning hand- when I first got this figure it tempted me to avoid my custom figure plans for the head, and just leave the figure as-is.

#2 EU Grand Admiral Thrawn
Again with the great headsculpt, and except for his wimpy shoulders and short stature, his imperial uniform looks a bit better than Tarkin's or Piett's in the way the "skirt' piece meets at the hip joints.

#3 Commtech Han Solo
Decent sculpting and great articulation for back then, plus a normal-sized gun with good detailing- and a removeable vest. This figure really helped start some good trends, I think, and he's the king of custom fodder (and Corellia?).

#4 Ceremonial Gear Luke Skywalker
Great young Mark Hammil headsculpts began here, and he's not over-buff and his outfit is pretty cool, plus he'd make wonderful custom fodder... good all-around.

#5 Flashback Luke Skywalker
Commtech Luke looks better, but this Luke packed some pretty cool accessories...

#6 "All New Likeness" Leia Organa
Why is this still one of the best Leia headsculpts? Am I missing something they've made since?

#7 Hoth Gear Luke Skywalker
Still the best neutral version of this figure, and he manages to evade buffness as well- plus he's just pretty cool overall :)

#8 Obi Wan "Ben" Kenobi
Of the original line, only he and C3PO really looked anywhere close to right, and Obi Wan stands the test of time a little better I think.

#9 Yoda
Like Ben, Yoda looked pretty good and actually doesn't look bad amongst newer figures now.

#10 Admiral Ackbar
The best Ackbar we've gotten...
« Last Edit: April 30, 2006, 11:16 PM by Mitsukara »

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #37 on: May 1, 2006, 09:45 PM »

#10 Admiral Ackbar
The best Ackbar we've gotten...

Its the only!

"ITS A TRAP!"

Top 3 fo' me were

1. Luke Bespin
2. Momaw "The Hammerhead' Nadon
3. Muftak
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Mitsukara

• Jedi Initiate
  • Casual/Poor Collector and Customizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 1, 2006, 09:52 PM »
Bespin Luke looks pretty good, but I never got one and I'm pretty fond of my Saga Bespin Luke. I want to make a custom combining the two though... or maybe a commtech Luke head on Saga Bespin body. Maybe do a little repainting to make his outfit look less wind-weathered, as well, and you've got a heck of a general-purpose Bespin Luke.

Really, Bespin Luke is very much akin Dark Jedi Luke, with similar headsculpts and the same style of hand. Some of the better stuff in the POTF2 line, methinks.

Also, you might wish to edit your post and move the "
" tag from the end to right before you "Its the only!" line- it looks like your entire post is a quote :)

Ackbar is cool, but I think they should redo him eventually. The sculpting was good but I'd like to see one with hinged knees or something, and maybe more useable hands. I find his arm cannon a little amusing ;)

Offline hcmv007

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2006, 09:54 AM »
New here.  Love them all!  THE best line ever, and was upset that they ended it.

Offline nitro

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 4, 2006, 01:56 PM »
I'm torn between RH Vader and Bespin Luke...

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 9, 2014, 10:07 PM »
If I had to go and choose one favorite, it would just be Luke Skywalker Jedi Knight.