Author Topic: AT-AT walker  (Read 18612 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: AT-AT walker
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2005, 11:32 AM »
The AT-AT is really one of those that I wish I would have been really "into" collecting soon enough to pick one up.  I'd like to get one someday, if I could find a decent deal on ebay or something (or if they re-release it or something), although I don't know where exactly I'd be able to put it right now.  I'd sit it on the floor if I had to though, sounds like it is a fun piece.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2005, 05:00 PM »
The At-At was one of the toys I really wanted in the vintage line, but never got when I was a kid, so I was really estatic when the POTF2 version came out. Truth be told though, I was disapointed with the electronics bacause I wanted to put my INT-4 in there.

Durring TRU clearance, I picked up 4 for $10 each. I don't know why, but I couldn't pass it up. Finaly, a few years ago, I bought a vintage one from e-bay for $60 shipped. Aside from a creased decal, it was in exceelnt shape with working electronics. It's one of the prides of my collection and has my INT-4 sitting inside. :)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2005, 02:33 PM »
Yes, there is a little display inside that has a display and some buttons that make the display light up and some recorded phrases from ESB play when you press them.  It takes a good chunk of the troop carrying capability out of the "hold" but it's still a pretty cool feature.

I was disapointed with the electronics bacause I wanted to put my INT-4 in there.

Since I don't have one of these bad boys, I didn't realize that the electronics impacted on the size of the cargo hold.  Besides this addition, is the POTF2 AT-AT the same mold as the vintage one?  Any other differences?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2005, 01:05 PM »
The chin guns and the side guns are completely different molds and in my opinion larger and bulkier, but other than that, the body is identical.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2005, 04:30 PM »
Thanks for the info.   8)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2005, 03:49 AM »
I was poking around inside the POTF2 AT-AT, taking the batteries out for long-term storage. Anyway, I couldn't find a way to take the stupid electronic box out. Is it possible? I'm just curious, since they stopped working on one of my AT-ATs, even after I put fresh batteries in.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline bobafett1121

• Youngling
  • Boba Fett Rules!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2005, 10:48 AM »
I have two AT-AT walkers. the first one I have I paid 100 dollars for from action figure expess. the second I paid 67 dollars from e-bay but I also got a snowtrooper with cannon, and a rebel trooper with his cannon all MIB.
Boba Fett Rules!!!!!!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2005, 07:38 PM »
I was poking around inside the POTF2 AT-AT, taking the batteries out for long-term storage. Anyway, I couldn't find a way to take the stupid electronic box out. Is it possible? I'm just curious, since they stopped working on one of my AT-ATs, even after I put fresh batteries in.

I was going to try, but never go around to it. I think you can, but you have to do some dissasembling.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #23 on: July 4, 2005, 12:21 AM »
Hm. I might try it. I already removed the legs for long-term storage, so those are out of the way.

The electronics box feels loose, so I'm guessing it's just screwed in under the belly or something. I don't have it near, so I can't check.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 5, 2005, 03:17 AM »
AT-AT's rock, I think I'll go poke on mine...see if I can tear that box out!

Most of the initial vehicles are just rehashed of old, they are even still stamped with the old Copyright.

my 1995 Falcon has 1977 on it. =)

my 1996 C-3PO case has 77 on it too.
who Learned you To spoke!

Offline SilentKnight

• Youngling
  • May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I wont
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 2, 2006, 09:41 PM »
I got one, but when I was nine, my mom sold it because she thought I didn't like it. I was so upset, and now I can't find one anywhere. It soooo sucks!
(Yeah, I'm young, 16-17 or below)
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain

Offline Alpha_17

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 9, 2006, 01:52 AM »
I have a vintage AT-AT. I was never able to find the POTF2 version in my area.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2006, 11:17 AM »
With the announcement of an Endor AT-AT, we should be seeing these again sometime soon. I understand Toy Fair doesn't generally show exclusives, and I'm pretty sure this was scheduled for Target or Toys R Us only. I would guess we are looking at a 60.00 price tag minimum.

Since it is supposed to be from Endor, I am wondering if they will leave the electronic gadget out of this one. Everything from that was from Hoth anyhow. I hope they leave the paint alone though. I don't want a bunch of green and brown paint splattered on it.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2006, 04:55 PM »
Finally got to crack open a boxed AT-AT and I must say that the figures are piss poor, really piss poor - atrocious for that matter.  I'm a carded collector and only violated a few clones to display around the entertainment center.  I won the JD give away for the TSC Hoth wave a few months ago (which were opened) and I must say that I'm rather disgusted by the pack in figures with this set.  They look to be on par right with the vintage stuff, if not worse - wow waist/torso articulation.   ::)

If Hasbro can put so much work into updating a figure, then I wish they'd do the same with this vehicle - or any other one for that matter (save for the Tie - besides those sagging wings.)  I have no problems with the AT-AT as I never owned one as a kid, but imagine the possibilities if Hasbro were to rework this thing.  Yes I know they'd never do it and it would cost a fortune if they did, but it's nice to dream.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2006, 11:58 AM »
Yeah, revamped would be great, but I'd suggest getting a vintage one in the interim. You wouldn't believe how much cooler it is not having the electronic consul in there.