Author Topic: CSS (Cascading Style Sheets)  (Read 1502 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
CSS (Cascading Style Sheets)
« on: May 5, 2010, 03:07 PM »
Anyone have a good recommendation on a book(s) for teaching yourself CSS and how to design html4/5 compliant sites with it?
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
Re: CSS (Cascading Style Sheets)
« Reply #1 on: May 5, 2010, 08:18 PM »
Anyone have a good recommendation on a book(s) for teaching yourself CSS and how to design html4/5 compliant sites with it?

No.  I usually just use the source copy and paste method from sites I like.  You can usually figure out the code without too much trouble and build a library of functionality in no time.  But then again I'm not overly creative and like to take as many shortcuts as possible.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: CSS (Cascading Style Sheets)
« Reply #2 on: May 5, 2010, 08:44 PM »

No.  I usually just use the source copy and paste method from sites I like.  You can usually figure out the code without too much trouble and build a library of functionality in no time.  But then again I'm not overly creative and like to take as many shortcuts as possible.

Thanks Dave, I've been scrubbing source code and css files from sites for years but I've never started one from scratch. I'm also trying to learn Dreamweaver after years of working with GoLive.  :P
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird