Author Topic: Catwoman  (Read 7724 times)

Offline P'dubs

• Jedi Initiate
  • Bow to the might that is the Sith.............
    • View Profile
Re: Catwoman
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2004, 01:35 PM »

Anyone else realize that Halle Berry is suddenly WHITE in these photos?
"They were all around me and they kept on saying "Utini Utini"."

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2004, 01:11 AM »
Julie Newmar or bust, yo.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2004, 01:56 AM »
Well, I'm sure I won't be able to bring myself to pony up the cashage to see this in theaters.

Maybe I'll see the DVD.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2004, 11:09 PM »
Oh my god, this bootleg trailer is just so... ::)

Catwoman Bootleg Trailer

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2004, 11:21 PM »
Anyone else realize that Halle Berry is suddenly WHITE in these photos?

Halle Berry is half-and-half.

Is that the proper terminology?
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline P'Dubs of the Sith

• Youngling
  • Bow to the might that is the Sith............
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2004, 09:38 AM »
Well, the proper term is Malato (sp?)

But she doesn't look half/half. She looks full blown white in these.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2004, 09:40 AM by P'Dubs of the Sith »

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2004, 02:00 PM »
Actually, I think that's a derogatory term. I'm really not sure what's PC these days.

This movie looks like the biggest piece of garbage I've ever seen...like Battlefield Earth bad.

I don't understand why Catwoman isn't wearing ummm...I don't know...a Catsuit??

Give me Julie Newmar or Lee Meriwether.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Playgirl

• Jedi Initiate
  • Slice and DICE
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2004, 10:08 PM »
I knew it would be bad, but I didnt think it would suck so bad as that trailer seems to suggest.  I'd rather videotape myself puking for an hour and just watch that.  I imagine thats what I'll be doing if I watch that anyway... Puking for an hour...

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2004, 10:45 PM »
I do not think she looks white! :o

You can tell she is black! ???

It is the light direction?
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 6, 2004, 02:06 PM »
The horror, the horror!  :-X

Go to TRAILER New!   ::)

Even the Barbie Sucks!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #25 on: July 6, 2004, 03:32 PM »
How did this get made?  Seriously, who were the brainwizards that green lighted this one?

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 6, 2004, 04:35 PM »
Scott, do you really want to know?

It started when WB wanted to spinoff Michelle Pfieffer's Catwoman from Batman Returns into her own franchise. She said she'd love to so long as Burton directed it. Turned out getting these two in the same studio together was tougher than scheduling Indiana Jones IV and the project went away, especially after what happened with Burton's failed (but expensive) Superman project and Schumacher's Batman nosedive.

Years later, the project was still considered viable with a new leading lady but the same Crow-knockoff origin from Batman Returns; Timid chick gets murdered and is resurrected via kitties to avenge her own death. But in order to distance this Catwoman from the last Bat-disasters, it was decided that this would be an entirely new character. No Batman, no Gotham, but the same origin with a twist; this time she gets super powers!

Ashley Judd was romanced for the lead role, but after reading the script and realizing it had nothing to do with the Batman mythos, she bowed out. Enter the next flavor of the moment, Oscar™ award-winning actress Halle Berry. Now all they needed was a cheap new director with a visual flair to package it. That's where French newcomer Pitof came in.

After seeing the extended trailer in front of Spider-Man 2, I have to admit there's some nice eye candy in there. Not enough to make me pay to get in, of course, but I am curious to see if they really make no mention of Batman. (Rumor has it an "east coast Catwoman" is mentioned, but that's about it. Fanboy speculation had the lead love interest actually being Bruce Wayne in disguise at one point, but I think people are simply justifying wanting to see this bastardization).

This movie was ill-conceived from the beginning. While it MIGHT have been interesting to see a Pfieffer/Burton spinoff TEN YEARS AGO, this project should have died with the last Bat-franchise. Catwoman could have been an intriguing prequel to Batman Begins, but those in charge of its production had waited too long already to get this movie to theatres and were no doubt under pressure to get it wrapped up in spite of a major franchise relaunch only 11 months away. Now they're counting on Catwoman's brand appeal and Berry's box office bankability to break even.

Hopefully audiences will mostly forget this incarnation in time for next year's model. I'd much rather see a Selina Kyle spinoff that's faithful to the source material than something made up by studio execs under pressure to milk a dead franchise.
Post sober.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #27 on: July 6, 2004, 04:51 PM »
Yeah I did want to know, thanks for the history lesson.

Looking at the success of all things Marvel right now (with the exception of probably never seeing an Avengers movie due to liscensing issues) the DC/Warner movie franchise is the biggest joke in the history of history.  Part of the problem may be that they've been there done that with both Batman and Superman but they too have stable of main guys that they could develop into movies...Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Green Lantern I'm looking in your directions

The Batman franchise started so promising (the Summer of '89 was one of those years that I'll never forget) and I hope it regains the luster it once had (heck even Batman Returns wasn't that bad).  

Wow what a mess and one that the Marvel peeps have to laughing at all the way to the bank

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 6, 2004, 06:03 PM »
Looks really dumb.

But still, I would absolutely love to have sex with Halle Berry.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline proudfather2

• Jedi Initiate
  • Todd
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 6, 2004, 07:38 PM »
This new Cat-flick looks like to be up to par with the tank that was Batman and Robin. What a cat-astrophe! As far as I'm concerned Catwoman was done properly in Batman Returns.