Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Re: Guns
« Reply #2 on: April 9, 2004, 02:35 PM »
Why yes I do:

Haha. I get it. Because its fire. And an arm.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3 on: April 9, 2004, 03:17 PM »
Not to mention a lot of people refer to their bulging biceps as "guns"...  Not sure if Rob does that in this case though...   :P

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: April 9, 2004, 03:48 PM »
I have a 12 Gague Remington 870 Express

Use it for Hunting Waterfowl, haven't been hunting for a few years though...I enjoy going out with my dad and brother and brother in law and my best buddy and spending the day talking and farting and eating rather than killing birds that are margainally edible at their best.

My dad and brother are much more into hunting than I am...they are big time into Deer Hunting while it jus doesn't turn my crank

Skeet/Trap shooting though is something I really do enjoy...its actually pretty fun

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 9, 2004, 03:59 PM »
I used to own a Stainless Steel Ruger Redhawk .44 Magnum with Pachmayr grips. Best little gun I ever had! Go ahead & make my day eh!  ;D

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 9, 2004, 04:03 PM »
Not to mention a lot of people refer to their bulging biceps as "guns"...  Not sure if Rob does that in this case though...   :P

cap guns maybe...  :-[  ;)

Offline Rob L

• Jedi Initiate
  • Timelord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 9, 2004, 04:08 PM »
I have a water pistol, which I use to chase away the neighbourhood’s cats.

Guns are (fortunately) illegal in my country. I believe drug dealers and even some of the more competent police officers (only one or two of them qualify, obviously) can apply for special licences.
Palitoy...it ain't yellow :)

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 9, 2004, 04:25 PM »
I have to many- actually guns are a side venture of mine. And being a former weapons sgt from the Army it stuck with me. I have always been into guns. My friend has his own shop and I help out a bit. We did a show this past weekend and I found  a few items that needed a home.
 An enhanced Colt delta elite 10mm that is unfired ( for now)
  I have some pics I can take of the boys ;)

I sold off a few things to get those but I usuall have something I am working on as well. I like project guns. I am currently building an HK G3 clone on a special weapons receiver with the G3 parts kit.  

I love to trap shoot as well as target shooting at the range. I have pretty much stopped hunting fo rthe most part.
Wayne Roberts or you can call me Sarge

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #9 on: April 9, 2004, 06:06 PM »
Several rifles. I'm planning on buying a Colt .45 one day... It'd be neat to have an M1A1 Carbine, too.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #10 on: April 9, 2004, 06:42 PM »
My father has a large gun collection.  As something I cannot afford, I don't put $ into them...  I have free use of my father's pistols and rifles if I want to go target shooting so I'm not in any rush to buy anything at the moment.

He has a lot of antique weapons...  Flintlocks, cap & ball pistols, rifles, etc...  

There's a guy near me owns eveyr rifle that served in a U.S. war also, which is a great collection.  No autos, but all the flintlocks, cap & ball, semi-autos (His M1 Garand is fun to hold, but funner to shoot), etc...  Great stuff.  

Guns are fun, but too easy to get ahold of at times.  It's scary if you're at a gun show, and see the distinct line between "redneck hillbilly" and "ghetto teen" who are both browsing the shows...  It's kind of eye-opening to me.  

Guns are fun though...  Especially if you're good with them.  Hunting isn't my cup of tea though, just target shooting.  My father hunts duck, deer, bear, goose, rabbit, squirrel...  You name it.  I'm more into petting animals than killing them.  :)  

Hunting generally serves a good purpose though I think...  Not bear to me, but the rest are socially acceptable to me.  

Trapping on the other hand, I think should be outlawed.  No cause for this...  Just my opinion though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline SiteC

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • SiteC's Figure Collection Page
« Reply #11 on: April 9, 2004, 09:39 PM »
My wonderful list of things I own that kill:

Remmington .22 W/Scope
Winchester 20 Guage Pump Shotgun
Savage (I think) .243
and a Bear Compound Bow

I won't lie, the .243, once something is shot with that, its not going anywhere.  I shot a deer with it this year, the first time I used it, and the animal dropped dead in its tracks.

ahh.  the joys of killing.   :P

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 9, 2004, 10:57 PM »
I don't own any guns personally, though I have shot several. I would really like to get some of those assault rifles they have in Tom Clancy video games. ;)

Would Air-soft guns count? Because I am going to get one of those....
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline jkno

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2004, 03:25 AM »
only a Nuclear Fart machine gun :o ;D

Offline P'dubs

• Jedi Initiate
  • Bow to the might that is the Sith.............
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2004, 01:36 PM »
I've got a couple of rifles. In october I'll hopefully have enough for a sniper rifle and silencer.
"They were all around me and they kept on saying "Utini Utini"."