Author Topic: DC Pocket Heroes  (Read 2892 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
DC Pocket Heroes
« on: April 15, 2004, 04:01 PM »
Anyone else collect these?

I do, and I love them.  Sure, they're hard to stand up, they tip over easy, etc. but I really love them.  Great character selection so far.

I finally got a chance to get to the comics book store last night and pick up my Green Lantern box set:
Green Lantern (John Stewart)
Jade
Sentinel (Alan Scott)
Guy Gardner (Yellow Ring)
Green Lantern (Kyle - original duds)
Parallax (Hal Jordan)

I'm a big fan of the Silver Age GLC, so I was pretty stoked to pick this one up.  They look nice with my GL (Guy), GL (Hal), GL (Kyle - new duds), Sinestro, and Guardian.

Anyone else have a craving for DC's Pocket Heroes?

Or am I the only crazy person who buys these...

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: DC Pocket Heroes
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2004, 06:40 PM »
I don't collect them, but they are cool figures. I saw a box set a few days ago at a collectible store. They are nice figures.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
Re: DC Pocket Heroes
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2004, 02:33 PM »
I remember getting all excited when DCD announced they would be offering smaller scale figures. I thought this would be Super Powers 2! Instead it was a rehash of Mego's Pocket Heroes.

I can't stand the way these look, but there's no denying the braod range of characters in this collection. It may be struggling at retail, but it's not for lack of trying. And these look like a lot of fun for customizers. Check these out!

If it weren't for the painfully common body styles and the lack of decent articulation (not to mention short capes), I'd be into this line. Instead, I'm into Minimates. Go figure.  :-\
Post sober.