Author Topic: Hall of Fame Wave  (Read 12197 times)

SilverZ

Re: Hall of Fame Wave
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2004, 04:47 AM »
Hmmm, interesting thought there. Man, there's been so many figures now that's really hard to remember everything that has come and gone. The one that suprises me is MOTDS Vader. He went from MOTDS rarity to being a recarded wonder:

MOTDS 2-pack
Saga 2003
HOF 2004

Not quite in the race, but I'd have never thought there'd be too much of him like there is now.

Are people still finding this assortment? Around here I've only spotted them at a single Kmart. I'm starting to think this is the unexpected rarity batch of the year, er, so far...

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2004, 04:11 AM »
Are people still finding this assortment? Around here I've only spotted them at a single Kmart. I'm starting to think this is the unexpected rarity batch of the year, er, so far...

Uh... yeah.  You just found them again tonight at a TRU Jared!   8)  Nice score.  You're the only person I've ever heard of finding this wave so far.  Good to hear that they're showing up at TRU now as well, since K-Marts are few and far between these days.

Save some for me!   :-*

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2004, 08:27 PM »
I'm starting to think this is the unexpected rarity batch of the year, er, so far...

that's what i was afraid of. maybe some retailers, knowing that they are all re-packs won't order too many. but being the assinine completist that i am, i have to have them. all of them. but i'm going to draw the line at having to have 2 of each (1 momc, 1 loose) since they are all repacks, and i already have them all loose, except for c-3po and vader. so i guess if i see an extra of those two, i'll pick them up, otherwise the case i ordered from ee will do fine for me.

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2004, 03:24 AM »
Anyone else?  Still haven't seen a trace of these around my area yet, and I'm worried that they're never going to make it.  Has anyone compared these with the originals to see if there's any notable differences (paint) that make them better than their initial issues?  Sorry if anyone already answered that, but I'm too lazy to browse the rest of the thread.   :-[

These have the new slimmer bubbles too, right?

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2004, 05:51 PM »
One of my TRU stores just put out around six or so cases of this wave. I picked up a C-3P0 and R2-D2. I would of picked up a Stormtrooper but the lady told me when they put them out this afternoon one guy bought all the Stormtroopers.  >:( JERK! Leave some for other collectors.
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2004, 02:59 PM »
These were found in Utah at Kmart's of all places. One case to the stores that got em and that was it. I have not seen any of these at all.
I really think that this year is being ALOT like 2003, in that there will be a drought with a few cases hitting here and there, and then come August, the stores will be loaded up on reissued cases.  That way it ties in with the DVD release.  Then August to December will be good in terms of finding stuff, then we hit the HUGE drought til April 2005 when the new Ep. III stuff hits.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2004, 05:15 AM »
I was finally able to complete my Hall of Fame set of 12 figures yesterday, though I've still barely ever seen these suckers at retail.  I had one monster score of 8 of them at a TRU once, and found 3 other isolated ones, and got one from my buddy Jared.  Glad I polished these off, 'cause I was starting to get a little nervous about their scarcity.

Kind of a waste to make this series of HOF figures, with all the core characters for the kids, and then to not even have them hit the retail market.  What's the point?  I thought it was to keep the core characters on the pegs...  Well, that sure as $h!t ain't happenin'...  I wouldn't even mind picking up some extras of the Stormtrooper, R2, and 3-PO figures, but I've only seen them once, so I'm SOL.

So how's everyone else faring with these so far?  Safe to assume that it's pretty much the carded collectors that are trying to hunt these down for the most part (aside from the aforementioned ones I wanted extras of, which I'd assume loose folks might want as well)...?  Where are you finding them?  My several sitings were all at TRU, but I know they hit K-marts too.  Anywhere else?

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2004, 06:54 PM »
i found a complete case at entertainment earth  :P

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2004, 11:00 AM »
Hi All,

I had a chance to do a little shopping this weekend and found the Hall of Fame wave again at Target.  The curious thing was that a few of the figures had BLACK stands.  I was pretty sure that these had been shipped with CLEAR stands originally.  I thought the black stands started with the later figures...

I got home, checked my HoF figures and sure enough they had CLEAR stands, not black.  Strange.  I had time this morning to do a quick search of the internet, which revealed that others have seen this phenomenon as well.  

So, it is confirmed that  the Hall of Fame figures are now shipping with BLACK stands.  This includes, Han, Leia, Maul, Vader, Luke, R2, and 3PO.  The other five (Chewie, Ben, Yoda, Ani, and Stormie) do not have stands.

Variation hunters/compete-ists, you have been warned!

Check out comparison pictures at PotF2.com:

BLACK Stand HoF Variants

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jedirhino

• Jedi Initiate
  • The party's over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2004, 04:56 PM »
the only ones that I have seen of these is the Anakin hanger duel and the Darth Maul...both of which I am not interested in purchasing again...