Author Topic: TRU Endor 4 Pack  (Read 16091 times)

Offline Jedirhino

• Jedi Initiate
  • The party's over....
    • View Profile
Re: TRU Endor 4 Pack
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2004, 06:46 AM »
Do some of you work at Hasbro or something...forget that statement...I think that all of us KNOW Hasbro well enough to expect exactly what JesseJames is talking about...unfortunately I hope that it will not be true  ???

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2004, 05:11 PM »
The Hoth pack was perfect for me, I liked every bit of it - although I wish the Leia was better.

The Imperial forces pack was nice - yet I didn't want ANOTHER Vader to add to my collection, and the AT-ST pilot didn't look so good.

The Bounty Hunter pack only had one thing I wanted - the 300th Fett... and so I didn't buy it.

The Jedi pack had nothing to offer.

The Skiff pack only offers multiples on Skiff'ers, when Hasbro could have kit bashed us some Skiff'ers we haven't yet gotten.

I hate to judge the Endor pack before I even see it - specially knowing I'll probably get it simply because of the ewoks - but I can't help but expect nothing but garbage.  :'(

SilverZ

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2004, 02:58 AM »
Judge away... pics are up over at GH.

Thanks for the 0% effort on this one, Hasbro.  And Jesse thought we'd see a softgoods coat for Han at the very least. It's a complete POTF2-fest. Are they trying to sabotage their own sales this year? "Here, TRU, you can have this exclusive Endor set, which includes the ultra-popular Wicket figure along with that Endor Rebel with a beard that all your stores cleared out in '02. Don't forget to order lots of the OTC carded figures, by the way, there's more Wicket in there for ya, too, ya suckas!"

The packaging looks good in OTC style though.

How have we fallen so far from the Imperial set?  >:(

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2004, 03:08 AM »
You have got to be kidding me!

...AND IF I AM NOT IMPRESSED SOMEONE WILL GET PISSED ON!

Let the pissing commence!

I agree it looks nice in the OTC packaging but...

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2004, 03:59 AM »
Incredible - Hasbro made absolutely no effort to make any of these figures look different. I've got my share of POTF2... and I've had my share of this thread.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2004, 04:34 AM »
Yeah, how about that one...

I set my sites REALLY low on this set, I honestly did, and yet Hasbro still undercut me.

I suggest Saga Endor Han and they deliver POTF2 Endor Han...

I suggest POTJ Biker Scout, and they dish out POTF2 scout.

I mean...  Wow Hasbro!  You caused me to lose $5 tonight...  I lost my bet that you AREN'T 100% retarded in your marketing department.

I mean, honestly...  I gave them the benefit of the doubt and look what happens.   >:(  I'm usually the guy everyone thinks is TOO hard on them, and see what I get?  Give 'em an inch and they take a mile.  

I feel...  oddly betrayed here.

Oh well, it's their toy line's funeral...  I'm just here to remind them how nice things could've been.   :D
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2004, 09:39 AM »
Just terrible, all this that Hasbro is doing with re-releasing all this old figures hurts them as well as the line. :(
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2004, 11:37 AM »
Well in the packs defence, it does have some pice custom potential...two ewoks, a biker scout and another trooper, isn't that bad to me. I'll buy one or two just for the bike.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2004, 12:07 PM »
I set my sites REALLY low on this set, I honestly did, and yet Hasbro still undercut me.

i totally agree. i wasn't expecting much from this set, but this even falls short of my expectations. i think the potf2 biker scout really seals the deal for me.

would it have too hard to sculpt a new head for the trooper? hell, even throwing the first trooper head on the saga body would have been better. not much, but a little.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2004, 02:10 PM »
This just in: Hasbro Officially Out of Ideas.

It's painful to watch this line be harmed because of **** like this. At least the damage is only limited to TRU.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2004, 02:54 PM »
Another shot from 4-inches.de:

BTW, I'm moving this over to the OTC forum now!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2004, 03:14 PM by OCB »

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2004, 03:55 PM »
I can't say I'm surprised, but still, it's surprising how little they seem to care now.   No effort whatsoever.  Sigh.

SilverZ

« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2004, 04:55 PM »
And I just noticed the speeder is missing all the decals, too. Quality.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2004, 12:51 PM »
This set could have been saved had they kitbashed the Saga Endor Han and included a coat, and repainted Wicket into Warok or Romba or whatever.

As it is, crap.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 1, 2004, 10:07 AM »
I'm really disappointed with this set as well.  I've only bought one of these TRU packs so far (Hoth), but was really hoping for this one.  I would have been happy too (and would have bought this), if they would have just kitbashed a nice Endor Han together (AT-ST head, soft goods trench, etc.), but unfortunately (but not surprisingly) they just stuck the POTF2 one in there.  I don't mind if there isn't "new" figures in these packs, but they could at least kitbash something nice and put a different Ewok in there.  That would have helped a lot.  If this is all the potential these TRU packs have, let's just put an end to them now.