Author Topic: new here!! and happy to be here!!  (Read 3404 times)

Offline hasek3993

• Youngling
  • scalpers are figments of your imagination
    • View Profile
    • scruffy customs
new here!! and happy to be here!!
« on: April 28, 2004, 07:26 PM »
well ive been a lurker for a long time over at rebelscum(and even before at collectstarwars) and i was primarily there to buy, sell and trade which im pretty much done with as well. but i think i found a home im comfortable at, ive read alot of your guys posts and it looks like a solid group of guys. im also planning on posting a good bit here as well(something i didnt do elsewhere.  this site rocks and im really happy to be here, i think im giving up on rebelscum, just not enough hardcore collecting action there and more silly talk.  anyhow i wanted to give a thanks to jedimac who told me about the site some time ago, but failed to take his advice till now.
anyhow move along :)
i love it when a plan comes together

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: new here!! and happy to be here!!
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2004, 07:45 PM »
welcome to jedidefender!! i've seen some of your custom work at rebelscum, and it's very good, glad to have you here... maybe if we could get some of the customizers from rs to come over here, we could have a better customizing section. that's the only thing i still check out over at rs from time to time. well, that and the classifieds.

anyway, welcome!

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2004, 08:25 PM »
Welcome to JD, Hasek! It's good to have you! You can call me Brad.  ;)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2004, 09:24 PM »
Greetings sir.  Just finished up your posts in the other collectibles section.  You've already made me envious.   But welcome nonetheless.  

Beware fur bearing varmints. :-*
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2004, 09:59 PM »
Is that you Todd?  If so, welcome to JD finally!   8)  If you're not Todd, then just ignore my dumb ass.   :P  Made a trade (or sale) with you last year over at RS.  Can't recall what it was for now, but it may have been that Action Fleet AT-TE that you were building a custom out of...  Is that right?  I saw a near complete shot of it and it was incredible!  How's the finished piece look?

Great to have you.  Awesome collection pix already, and I've got to agree with Brent's envious feeling.  Those lifesize character props are way cool, and something I'd love to get some day.

Enjoy JediDefender, and feel free to drop any of the staff a line if you've got any questions, comments, or suggestions about anything here...

- Matt

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2004, 10:10 PM »
Is that you Todd?  If so, welcome to JD finally!   8)  If you're not Todd, then just ignore my dumb ass.   :P  Made a trade (or sale) with you last year over at RS.  Can't recall what it was for now, but it may have been that Action Fleet AT-TE that you were building a custom out of...  Is that right?...

OK, I'm koo-koo for Coco Puffs... or sumthin'.   :P

Right guy.  Wrong trade.   :-[  (I was thinking of coeli over there)

Just checked my RS PMs and you're the great guy that gave me my Unleashed Slave Leia!   8)  Now I remember!  Anyway, welcome aboard, and hopefully we can swap some more stuff 'round here too!

- M

P.S.  What's with the 3939 vs. 3993 switcheroo?

Offline hasek3993

• Youngling
  • scalpers are figments of your imagination
    • View Profile
    • scruffy customs
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2004, 10:15 PM »
yeah, ill never forget that trade!! >:(
dopey i was, but i finally did get another leia to complete the unleashed line, but it took a whole lotta time. i didnt make the at-te but i know of what you speak of, i dont know who made it though. but i made the 12" scale jedi starfighter:

close though, same movie ;)
anyhow thanks for the warm welcome everyone, and like i said i feel much at home here so im going to try to contribute more than i have on other forums. ;D
also i switched the 39"s around cause my email address and other accounts is 3993 and i just wanted to keep them the same ::)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2004, 10:19 PM by hasek3993 »
i love it when a plan comes together

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2004, 10:24 PM »
Greetings sir.  Just finished up your posts in the other collectibles section.  You've already made me envious.   But welcome nonetheless.  

Beware fur bearing varmints. :-*

Notice he didn't warn you about me?

Welcome.

You can call me Ishmael.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2004, 10:32 PM »
yeah, ill never forget that trade!! >:(
dopey i was, but i finally did get another leia to complete the unleashed line, but it took a whole lotta time. i didnt make the at-te but i know of what you speak of, i dont know who made it though...

It was coeli.  I was confusing you guys though, 'cause you both showed me some of your awesome custom pictures right around the same time, and I definitely recall you sending me the 12" Jedi Starfighter pix.  In fact, I think I was going to post it here in our forums, along with a couple others that you showed me, but alas - I never got around to it.   :-\

But now that you're here, I suppose you can take care of that, eh?  Awesome stuff so far.  Keep 'em coming Todd!   8)

Didn't mean to drudge up some bad memories of our trade there either.  Didn't realize you were missing your Leia that much.  Sorry!   :-[  Glad to hear you found another one - hopefully for not too much more than the one you swapped me (especially since they're re-releasing her in the near future).  She's still the only Unleashed figure I ever got, but I might have to add Aayla to her soon...   ;)

- M

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2004, 10:57 PM »
Welcome aboard. :)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Logray2776

• Youngling