Author Topic: The joys and frustrations of home buying...  (Read 11069 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: House Shopping... Almost at an End
« Reply #75 on: May 11, 2004, 12:26 PM »
Wow looks great Chris, definitely some space to display the toys and raise some Padawans!  WHere at in the Chicago area do you live?  My buddy lived in Lisle and the Roselle for like 5 years when he went to Optomotry school so I got to see that part of town fairly often.

Good Luck!

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #76 on: May 11, 2004, 12:30 PM »
WHere at in the Chicago area do you live?  My buddy lived in Lisle and the Roselle for like 5 years when he went to Optomotry school so I got to see that part of town fairly often.

We're going to be living in the same town that we currently live, and that is Aurora.  Lisle is about 20 minutes east of us, and Roselle is about 45 minutes north of us.  My wife works in Roselle, and it is a very nice town.
dustrho

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #77 on: May 11, 2004, 12:47 PM »
WHere at in the Chicago area do you live?  My buddy lived in Lisle and the Roselle for like 5 years when he went to Optomotry school so I got to see that part of town fairly often.

We're going to be living in the same town that we currently live, and that is Aurora.  Lisle is about 20 minutes east of us, and Roselle is about 45 minutes north of us.  My wife works in Roselle, and it is a very nice town.
Home of Wayne and Garth...excellent ;D

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #78 on: May 11, 2004, 07:28 PM »
The seller has accepted our offer... more to come later!   ;D
dustrho

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 11, 2004, 08:05 PM »
2800 square feet?! ****. Congrats and goodluck.

Is it just the picture or did someone cover the kitchen walls with avocado?

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #80 on: May 12, 2004, 05:24 PM »
Congrats Chris.  Sounds like a sweet pad!   8)

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #81 on: May 21, 2004, 09:01 AM »
UPDATE:

Our townhouse sold yesterday for $1,000 less than what we really wanted to get for it, and it sold to a non-contingent buyer!  That means she can move in at any time, and she isn't in the process of selling any property that could have belonged to her.  Also, she's already given us a nice FAT check for earnest money, so everything is all complete.  We'll be moving into our new home in late June.

;D
dustrho

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 21, 2004, 09:20 AM »
Thats great Chris.  8)  

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 5, 2004, 12:20 PM »
Chris,

Congratulations to you and your family, beautiful home.

We just bought our first home last week.  Open up the "Our new home folder"
here.  This has been quite a stressful situation since I have not even landed a job in the state that I am moving to.  God will provide for us!  We finally decided that L.A. is too expensive for us.  The median home in L.A. is $371K plus!  

We looked at about 18 homes, and this one was it.  The pebble tec pool with waterful and built in table did it for me.  The backyard is like paradise with palm trees etc.  Another house was not even close, how about for you and your wife?  

-Fish-
« Last Edit: June 5, 2004, 12:23 PM by FishEyedLouie »

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #84 on: June 5, 2004, 12:42 PM »
Fish, that is one beautiful home you have there!  I love the pool with the table... how cool is that!?  Are you guys all moved into it yet, and if not what's the date of your closing?  Only 19 more days for us to move into our new crib, and I just cannot wait any longer!

My wife had already looked at this house and had totally fallen in love with it.  She called me while I was on the train ride home, and said, "You have to come see this house tonight!  It is by far the best house we have seen yet!"  I was in no mood to look at houses that night, because I had a really crappy day at work and I had a massive headache.  But, I decieded I would look at this house for her.

Good thing I went to see it that night, because I fell in love with it just after walking through the front door.  I said within 10 seconds, "THIS is OUR house!  I want it!"  So, after looking for 3 months it all paid off in the end.

Fish... congratulations!!!
dustrho

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 5, 2004, 01:03 PM »
Chris,

Our escrow closes the 29th and like you, I too cannot wait.  Funny how that works, as soon as I walked in I was like this is our home!  The great thing about it is that we love the paint, nice tile through most of the house etc., so we do not plan on doing anyhting for some time.

How about you guys, any plans to change anything right away?

-Fish-

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #86 on: June 5, 2004, 01:09 PM »
How about you guys, any plans to change anything right away?

The only thing I plan on doing when we move in is to POSSIBLY finish the basement.  Nothing really needs to be done as far as repairs, but there is one room we MIGHT change the color of the walls.  Otherwise, the house is in as close as perfect condition as you can get.
dustrho