Author Topic: eBay Shipping Woes  (Read 2669 times)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
eBay Shipping Woes
« on: November 24, 2004, 10:32 PM »
A couple of months ago I won an auction on eBay for a couple of the POTF2 Eletronic Battle Fx figures - Vader and Obi-Wan.  I've made a couple of purchases on eBay over the last couple years, but I've never had anyone do something like this:

I mean, what's going through a person's head when they ship something like this?   ???  -- Let's see, box is too small, oh well, I'll just bend the cards to fit...--

Thankfully, the cards were only warped, and have nearly straightened over time, but I nearly had an aneurysm when I saw this.  Of course, when I e-mailed him about it, I didn't receive a reply.   ::)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: eBay Shipping Woes
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2004, 09:18 AM »
Quite the warp on those cards Jesse. Can't sellers just find a bigger box. Its just like sending a nice minty carded figure & having it arrive in a bubble envelope smashed!  >:(

Hopefully they will straighten out out.  :-\

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2004, 10:16 AM »
Ebay's becoming a cesspool.

Most sellers gouge on shipping anymore to make up for the fact they sell JUNK (plain and simple) that isn't worth the cardboard it's attached to, but they still are using Ebay to feed their family instead of getting off their ass and getting a real job.

So the slimeballs jack up shipping and skirt Ebay fees by making their profit there.  It's BS and I think if anything hurts Ebay it'll be that stuff like that drives people like me (who only purchase on Ebay and don't sell) from bothering...  Why pay there when there's other outlets that are cheaper, ya know?

Then there's these idiots who do like they did to you JV, and just simply don't care... 

I've been lucky on Ebay so far, but I don't use it a ton either.  In all my years I've only done around 30 deals there actually.  I just don't use it much...  And I use it a hell of a lot less because the things I do want are often price gouged with the shipping or other things.

It's BS... 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2004, 10:04 AM »
I never bid unless they list the specific amount of S&H.

You could get a cheap item, then get killed on S&H if it's not mentioned already.

I don't usually get a lot of high end itmes off ebay.  I don't mind losing a few $ for a shipping prob or something not quite in the condition you expected, but losing hundreds would just suck.  I wait for the conventions and toy shows for that kind of stuff.

Also, I'm, very careful to stay away from glass and breakables on ebay.

Just my practices.

Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)